“Oldie but Goodie” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Aloha
“Oldie but Goodie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We've been here a few times. The French Dip is quite yummy, lots of beef. Grilled chicken salad also good with freshly made sourdough croutons (I could eat of plateful of these alone). Check out the homemade desserts !

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lodi, California
“Favorite 50" Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Step back in time when sock hops were popular. The decor is definitely 50's but newly remodeled to be so. It's a fun atmosphere and the food is very good, especially breakfast. It's my husband's favorite breakfast place in town. They have a very good veggie omelet if your watching your calories and also a yummy breakfast burrito, if you're not. Staff is very friendly as well.

Lodi, CA
“Things are a little better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Hollywood Cafe was sold to a new couple. They appear to have cleaned up a little. Don't expect anything special. The Breakfast was OK. There is a 50's Diner on Hwy 108 just east of Oakdale that is my Favorite! NEVER a problem with their food and they serve Grizzly Beer! Meanwhile, I will probably go back to Hollywood Cafe and support the new owners. It is hard to make it in this town.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lodi, California
“Keep serving up those yummy burgers, but pre-wash salad greens before serving 'em!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

The burgers were delicious but side salad greens looked dry, dirty and were definitely not pre-washed before serving.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lodi, CA
“Mop Waster Chicken Salad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

We are locals here in Lodi and visited the Hollywood Cafe thinking it was a local treat. Upon entering, I was not convinced the place was very sanitary so we played it safe and ordered a chicken salad. They mostly have sandwiches anyway and I was looking for anything that was appetizing. 40 minutes later we got a nice salad covered with some chicken that smelled like Mop Water. I have some janitors that I supervise and I know the smell well. We walked out. They were very nice when I complained. The waitress told me it was their Monterrey Sauce. Good luck selling that one.

Been to Hollywood Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Hollywood Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.