“Big Disappointment” 1 of 5 stars

1110 West Kettleman Lane #19, Lodi, CA
Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 164 Restaurants in Lodi
Cuisines: Italian
Description: This is a new business. It well worth your time and energy to find this restaurant. It is located on the second floor. An elevator is available for those that find stairs too hard to handle. The food is fresh, and the outside atmosphere is like a home garden. It is very refreshing when the weather is below 90 degrees. Lunch time is perfect. They are open Mon. - Fri until 8:30.
Woodbridge, California
“Big Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our first (and last) visit was prompted by a recommendation from an acquaintance who eats there frequently. First, the patio tables and chairs are uncomfortable. The sandwich and soup combos are pricey for this area. The minestrone was thick and rich, but overly seasoned and should have been called bean soup; packed with beans, hardly any veggies and no pasta. The lasagna was smothered in cheese, was greasy, and had very little meat. I found the sauce also overly seasoned. The foccacia bread was tasteless. A big disappointment. Not returning.

• Visited April 2014

Carlin, Nevada
“Same owners as Travis Catering”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

What's up with the patio furniture! Came with a group of old ladies and had to sit on those hard heavy chairs difficult to move in and out. Furthermore, the table top is metal mesh and when my friend spilled her drink it went right through the mesh all over her lap. Splashed up onto all our clothes. The food was over cooked, something wrong with brown tomato sauce. And the cook must smoke because there was so much seasoning on the lasagna, as we tasted each others dishes it was the exact same sauce poured over everything they make. Way to much basil and oregano, salt and bay leaf. Yeah, we wont be back. Alice your fired! You don't get to pick the restaurant again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lodi, California
“Over seasoned and uncomfortable seating”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Tried this restaurant recently for lunch and was very disappointed. I was surprised at the wrought iron seating and table, was very uncomfortable. They over-season their meat sauce, all I could taste was oregano and bay leaves, was terrible. The other 3 people in my party felt the same way. We will not go back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Big Bear Lake, California
“A SMALL CAFE WITH GREAT FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Over the past several years while in Lodi, I have gone to Pietro's Italian restaurant (see my review of this restaurant), but I decided that on this visit I would try somewhere else. I saw an ad for a family-owned restaurant in one of the magazines for the Lodi area, so after I returned from Sacramento that afternoon, I decide to try the restaurant on my way back to my motel. The café is located upstairs and is somewhat hidden from view, but the ad had stated it was upstairs and as I drove through the parking lot, I spotted the signage. I was greeted at the door by Sara, the proprietor, and her daughter (two of the three generations featured in the ad). I dined on the patio due to the nice outdoor temperature (the inside A/C was a bit too low), which was screened from the parking lot and upstairs walkway by lush potted foliage. The daughter took my order which was from the lunch special for seniors and about the right size, given the large lunch I had in Sacto. The senior lunch consisted of ravioli with pesto sauce, a small salad, homemade bread and a beverage (lemonade). Everything was very good. While I was eating, I had a conversation with Sara who came out to talk with me, since I was the only diner at the time. We talked about the farming that her family was doing, the genesis of the restaurant with her mother and the difficulties of running a family farm in California's oppressive regulatory environment. All in all, a very pleasant meal and highly recommended!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, Ca
“A wonderful dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were visiting Lodi for a senior softball tournament. This restaurant was listed in the book at the hotel. It had patio dining so we thought we would give it a try. We had delicious dinners - everything was fresh and tasty. The atmosphere was very enjoyable. Being on the second floor we were pleasantly surprised to see all the plants, flowers and fountains. We enjoyed visiting with the owners too - the mother and daughter.
Another plus for us was the fact that our pet who was traveling with us was allowed on the patio.
We will definitly have another meal here when we visit Lodi again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bueno Italiano Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bueno Italiano Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.