“Inexcusable internet failure” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“Inexcusable internet failure”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a really nice hotel however as a businessman there is no excuse for having to go to the local Starbucks to get a good internet connection. Atleast half of the webpages do not upload. When finally getting a web page, it often times out or get error message when bring up sub pages.
I mentioned it to staff at front desk several times and they had excuses such as "it's been very windy and that affects the internet" to " there are a lot of people in the hotel so internet runs slowly." Nonsense, I've been in 100's of hotels filled to capacity and internet works great.
I travel over 150 days a year so I know something about the subject. If the internet is slow, then it almost always means that an increase in bandwidth is needed.
I travel with two computers. Same issue with both computers. Also this is 8th hotel on this business trip so it is not my computer....
The staff at the front desk acted like it was a new problem and only I have an issue with the internet. When I called tech support, they said that they have received calls in the past about the problem and that the hotel has to request increase in bandwidth.
I went to look at previous reviews of this hotel on trip advisor and saw that in November, there was a complaint about the same issue and the hotel manager, Beth, noted the problem.
Why hasn't it been taken care of?
I work on uploading projects in hotel rooms and was unable to do that without the internet service timing out....or getting an error message.
I checked with people that were in business meetings in the breakfast room and they said that they were having similar problems. I used cord to connect via ethernet and same problem.
Last time this happened was several years ago at a Hampton Inn and they did not charge me for the stay because of the problem.
I would have switched hotels but I had a conference here the 3rd and last day of my stay.
I ADVISE BUSINESS TRAVELERS TO GO TO ANOTHER HOTEL. I should have checked travel advisor b4 coming here but staying at this hotel was a last minute schedule change and I didn't have time.
I will not stay here again and advise other business and internet dependents to stay away.
When an issue like this has been around for a long time, a responsible hotel would have taken care of it long ago.
To say that I was very unhappy is putting it mildly. In short, a really good, clean and comfortable hotel that was wrecked by inadequate internet service.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Beth G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear ILoveIsrl
My apologies for the delayed response, we have been working with technicians to improve our Internet Access. I did not want to respond without an update. We have increased our speed to 100 megs effective April 24th. We also decided to add more access points; technician had completed this addition yesterday, May 1st.
I know none of this has helped your stay, but I did want to let you know we take Guest comments seriously and take actions. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay but I appreciate you taking the time and letting me know.
Beth Green

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Garden Bay BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were travelling to Palm Springs and needed a place to spend the night. The front desk staff were great and gave us directions to the town center. They had a wine and beer reception early evening and a good breakfast in the morning. The room was large with a couch to watch TV from rather than having to lie on the bed. We will stay here again next time we make a trip through California.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Beth G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear IanGardenBayBC,
Thank you for taking your time to give us a wonderful comment! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your Stay and our Hotel. We look forward to Welcoming you back to Lodi and can't wait to see you again! If I can be of any help during your next stay with us, please seek me out. Thank you again, Happy Safe Travels :)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very clean , modern and well maintained property. Good location, just off the interstate, indoor pool, great free breakfast. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Beds very comfortable and I enjoyed the high speed internet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Beth G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Jfeil,
Thank you for your time and staying with us! Your comments mean a lot to our Staff :)
We hope to see you again and encourage you to become a Top Guest and check us out on Facebook as we post upcoming Lodi Events with packages we offer.
Happy New Year!
Odenton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

all the ladies at the front desk were wonderful, help me with everthing i need for 4 months.mail, dry cleaning, resturant shopping. they are a safesaver. the maid service was the best i ever had.A great free happy hour too. breakfast Items never ran out. truly the best hotel in the area hands down.

Room Tip: the back side faces winery. you can go in back and pick up walnut,lemon,orange etc.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Beth G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Janie O
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your review and it means a lot to our staff! We hope to see you again, whether it be business or pleasure back in Lodi. Remember to like us on Facebook to keep you posted on our great Lodi Wine Event Packages - a wonderful reason for a visit!
Thank you, we hope to see you in 2013!
Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This may possibly be the oddest Holiday Inn Express in the chain. The driveway into the hotel is practically impossible to spot after dark. When we finally found our way to the lobby, there was no one there. We called and no one came. Finally, I went behind the desk and knocked on the door marked "General Manager." No answer. If we hadn't prepaid we would have left. We located a cleaning person who came back and said the manager would be there in a few minutes.

The manager finally appeared and offered us a suite upgrade. That would have been nice if the suite was actually a suite and not just an oversized room. Since it was handicapped equipped, we had to circumvent benches and bars fo take a shower.

The hotel was in a deserted location far from any good tripadvisor restaurants, The breakfast at the restaurant was not appetizing.

Obviously, not our favorite stay.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Beth G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear MundivagantOregon

Thank you for your time and comments, we appreciate your feedback and find it valuable and necessary to improve. I truly apologize for the experience and the issues you endured, which are unacceptable. If there is anything I can do, please feel free to contact me.

(209) 210-0150
hielodi@sbcglobal.net
glenn mills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Been staying here on business for a couple of weeks now. This hotel has everything you'd expect. Nice staff, clean rooms, standard hotel breakfast.

The big downfall is that the hotel internet is absolutely awful. Plan on about 85% of your webpages not loading. Doesn't matter if the place is crowded or not, connection is terrible all the time.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear daffy2-7,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. It is pleasing to know that you found our staff and room accommodations nice enough. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with the Internet connection. I have taken note of your comments as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

We all hope that you would give us another chance in the future to make your stay as best as it can be.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Marino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

It started with Marilyn at the front desk who is very friendly and gave me good driving directions. My room was very large with QQ beds and a hide-a-bed, too. Large desk. A real closet. Big bathroom with lots of grab-bars on the tub-shower. Big counter. The hotel is next to a huge, vacant car dealer -- sad. Kettelman Lane is full of shopping and restaurants. The hotel is 7 miles east of I-5 and two blocks east of Hwy 99 which is a freeway. If you like the bed covers up around your neck, you'll have to remake the bed. Breakfast included eggs, meat, a pancake machine, and the other usual items. Free internet and two computers in the "Business Center." Guest laundry room, too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lodi? Share your experiences!