“Not for me!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   118 N. Cherokee Ln., Lodi, CA 95240 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
“Not for me!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011 via mobile

The front desk receptionist was very nice and extremely helpful. The room is what was disappointing. The non-smoking room had a noticeable smell of old smoke. Guess there is no way to get that out after years of smoking in there. The room looked very old and worn. The arm of the couch had ink x's all over it. When I removed the bedspread, which I do at all hotels I stay in, there were stains on the white comforter.They looked nasty and I don't even want to imagine what it was. When I saw the neighborhood that the hotel was in I was concerned. It is old and it shows. I should have checked this site before booking it. We left and went to the Holiday Inn Express. It was great!

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pomona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I enjoyed the stay, my wife felt it was very average, (true). The desk Madame was very friendly,a little slow, but we weren't in a hurry. This was the most expensive out of three hotels we stayed at for the 5 days we were up north. ( lodi,sacramento,and monterey). The shower head was stuck on one function and there was a slight water ring in the toilet. Didn't get to use the jacuzzi or pool.(jacuzzi is why we stay at hotels). Everything was convenient, parking, room, office, hotel breakfast, downtown, freeway(s). The area could be a little rough if you're a patsy, otherwise its a quaint area of town in a city that's on the move.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lake Forest, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Good value and great central location a few blocks from the freeway access. Normal Quality Inn breakfast was good. Rooms are clean and bathroom very nice/clean. Some furniture was worn and dated but reasonable. Good place to spend the night. Staff were friendly and helpful. A good value in budget accommodations.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tustin, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This was a horrible experience pictures are deceptive in a bad part of town when we pulled up a teenager warned us of gang activity here. We checked in the door to our room was broke screws fell out. requested another room it was dirty unmade beds this was at 6pm went back a 3rd time gave us a room upstairs only to discover they had rented the room to an adult who supplied alcohol and left, turned it over to underage teen who then had a stream of kids in to party. we packed our bags and checked a few hours later knowing what our nite would be like. I've stayed at many hotels but never had this happen. The moment we drove in we were uneasy. I do not recommend this hotel at all. RC tustin,ca

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I was so surprised to see the room I stayed in for the price. The rooms were clean and the service was great. I met the manager and he told me that his company just purchased the hotel and are trying very hard to make it a first class hotel. The complimentary breakfast consisted of waffles, biscuits and gravy, and a variety of great food. I will definetly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I stayed on the 8th of May for 4 nights and everyone that I met was great. I met the new Manager Antonio I think it was his first day but he had a lot of workers there cleaning pool and doing the landscaping. I felt I was in a completely different hotel from the time I check in and checked out. All the staff was great very helpful in helping me find my way around town. Cori at the front desk helped me find a great place to go to dinner called feed and fuel. it was decorated in old movie style. Quality Inn was so close to the downtown area with Restaurants and Shopping. I will never stay at another hotel in Lodi other than Quality Inn. Quality In Lodi is a Great place. I felt safe and truly valued as a customer.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 102 very nice room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We booked the room with an online booking service. The woman at the front desk was not very friendly when we arrived and told us she couldn't find our name on her reservations window. Then, suddenly, she found it when my husband said,"I'll go get the paperwork." It felt like a scam, where she would say we didn't have a reservation and then just happen to have a room for which she would charge us more than the price we reserved for originally. Maybe I'm wrong. Then she put us in a smoking room and argued with us that it was nonsmoking. The outside plaque did not indicate it was nonsmoking and it smelled heavily of room deorderizer and cigarettes. We told her this and she put us in another room that smelled strongly of body odor. Nasty! When we checked out she didn't have paper to print our receipt and we had to return later to get it. Another thing that was strange is she insisted on copying my husband's credit card. He checked the copy and the account number didn't show, but, why did she need tha?. She had no answer when asked.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!