“Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Lodi
New York City, New York
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and was one of the best experiences I have had. The staff was attentive yet unassuming. The room and grounds were clean, and well taken care of. The spa was fabulous. The gym had everything you needed and the pool was relaxing and inviting. We had dinner at the School Street Bistro and some fabulous wines by a local winery - Lange Twins. I will definitley be back to Lodi and the Wine and Roses resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I arrived with friends who booked on Expedia while I booked directly. They got it for $80 less. When I asked them to match expedia's price they said sorry and gave me passes for free wine tasting. The rooms are nice and roomy but very dark. I expected high end. Only spent a night and was happy to leave.

• Stayed September 2013
Chino Hills, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Staff was both friendly and helpful. We arrived with a large group and the office staffed checked in everyone quickly and efficiently.
Beautiful hotel and grounds, enjoyed the stay thoroughly.
Room large and spacious and very comfortable.
The conference room was comfortable, plenty of water, good airflow, good light.
I would highly recommend to anyone planning an event.

Room Tip: We had 2 queen size beds that were the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Very quiet, relax...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eldersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had to book last minute, and W&R was there for us on our vacation. Reasonable pricing, and great rooms and amenities. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Lodi, CA. Stayed here on the first day in CA, and was very pleased with all aspects of this location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Menifee, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

In Lodi, Ca. for a family wedding which was held at Wines & Roses, in addition to the reception.
Rooms very large and well laid out. Very clean, large bath area, and a large outdoor patio.
Stayed at Wine & Roses many years ago when the main building was just a Bed & Breakfast. Today this is a much larger facility, able to hold weddings outdoors and a large indoor reception area.
Breakfast the following morning was very good, pretty much the same I remember from previous visits.
Service overall was good

Room Tip: Large facility, large parking areas. When checking in, get exact directions to your room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chiba, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The staff is very friendly and professional. The restaurant was excellent in both quality and service. The view from our outdoor terrace was relaxing. The perfect setting to enjoy a glass of wine. We didn't get a chance to try the spa. Hopefully next time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

After our wedding last year, my husband and I vowed that we would return every year for our anniversary. We made reservations in May for a night at the hotel and a couple's massage at the spa. Just our luck, the spa was closed on the weekend of our actual anniversary for upgrades so we had to go the weekend after. Whatever, no big deal. Since we made the reservations SO early, I was concerned that they may have been lost or messed up, so I called them 2 weeks ahead of time to confirm. I spoke to a girl on the phone and we even joked about how the spa was closed when we wanted to go but that we would be one of the first couples to enjoy their new suite. She confirmed all of our dates and reservations and we hung up.

Cut to the day of our reservation, we got there at around noon so we could do a pre- check in and get started enjoying the lounge pools and sauna when, low and behold. WE DIDN'T HAVE A RESERVATION!!! Apparently, when I called to confirm, the person who was so helpful on the phone cancelled our reservations! Not just for the hotel but for the spa too!! After insisting for 5 minutes that I did NOT cancel the reservations (why would I be standing there if I had) a manager was finally called to help. He was able to get us a room and talked to the spa and got us an appointment there, but 2 hours after we were planning. This meant we had to postpone our dinner reservations and completely RUINED our plans of re-taking some of our wedding day photos.

This was a horrible experience and really, really upset me but the worst part was that there was NO consolation! They didn't offer a bottle of wine, a dessert, absolutely NOTHING to make up for completely ruining what should have been a wonderul first wedding anniversary. Apparently, fitting us in somehow, regardless of ruining other plans that we had for the day, was enough. Wrong! I would no longer trust this establishment with something as special and important as my wedding anniversary. Such a shame; the massages were wonderful, the food was absolutely amazing (which is why I give them 2 stars instead of 1); but in the back of my mind all I couldn think about was everything that went wrong. Thank you for ruining what should have been a wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wine & Roses Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!