After our wedding last year, my husband and I vowed that we would return every year for our anniversary. We made reservations in May for a night at the hotel and a couple's massage at the spa. Just our luck, the spa was closed on the weekend of our actual anniversary for upgrades so we had to go the weekend after. Whatever, no big deal. Since we made the reservations SO early, I was concerned that they may have been lost or messed up, so I called them 2 weeks ahead of time to confirm. I spoke to a girl on the phone and we even joked about how the spa was closed when we wanted to go but that we would be one of the first couples to enjoy their new suite. She confirmed all of our dates and reservations and we hung up.
Cut to the day of our reservation, we got there at around noon so we could do a pre- check in and get started enjoying the lounge pools and sauna when, low and behold. WE DIDN'T HAVE A RESERVATION!!! Apparently, when I called to confirm, the person who was so helpful on the phone cancelled our reservations! Not just for the hotel but for the spa too!! After insisting for 5 minutes that I did NOT cancel the reservations (why would I be standing there if I had) a manager was finally called to help. He was able to get us a room and talked to the spa and got us an appointment there, but 2 hours after we were planning. This meant we had to postpone our dinner reservations and completely RUINED our plans of re-taking some of our wedding day photos.
This was a horrible experience and really, really upset me but the worst part was that there was NO consolation! They didn't offer a bottle of wine, a dessert, absolutely NOTHING to make up for completely ruining what should have been a wonderul first wedding anniversary. Apparently, fitting us in somehow, regardless of ruining other plans that we had for the day, was enough. Wrong! I would no longer trust this establishment with something as special and important as my wedding anniversary. Such a shame; the massages were wonderful, the food was absolutely amazing (which is why I give them 2 stars instead of 1); but in the back of my mind all I couldn think about was everything that went wrong. Thank you for ruining what should have been a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of Lodi Wine Country in a breathtaking environment of natural beauty is Wine & Roses. Experience an abundance of amenities in the luxurious hotel, savor fresh ingredients in the exceptional restaurant and enjoy the tranquility of the state-of-the-art spa. Wine & Roses also provides the perfect setting for unique weddings, business events, and special occasions accommodating up to 350 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Wine & Roses Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wine & Roses Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Lodi
- Wine And Roses Hotel, Restaurant & Spa