“RUINED my first wedding anniversary” 2 of 5 stars

Wine & Roses Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2505 W Turner Road, Lodi, CA 95242   |
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Lodi
Stockton, California
“RUINED my first wedding anniversary”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

After our wedding last year, my husband and I vowed that we would return every year for our anniversary. We made reservations in May for a night at the hotel and a couple's massage at the spa. Just our luck, the spa was closed on the weekend of our actual anniversary for upgrades so we had to go the weekend after. Whatever, no big deal. Since we made the reservations SO early, I was concerned that they may have been lost or messed up, so I called them 2 weeks ahead of time to confirm. I spoke to a girl on the phone and we even joked about how the spa was closed when we wanted to go but that we would be one of the first couples to enjoy their new suite. She confirmed all of our dates and reservations and we hung up.

Cut to the day of our reservation, we got there at around noon so we could do a pre- check in and get started enjoying the lounge pools and sauna when, low and behold. WE DIDN'T HAVE A RESERVATION!!! Apparently, when I called to confirm, the person who was so helpful on the phone cancelled our reservations! Not just for the hotel but for the spa too!! After insisting for 5 minutes that I did NOT cancel the reservations (why would I be standing there if I had) a manager was finally called to help. He was able to get us a room and talked to the spa and got us an appointment there, but 2 hours after we were planning. This meant we had to postpone our dinner reservations and completely RUINED our plans of re-taking some of our wedding day photos.

This was a horrible experience and really, really upset me but the worst part was that there was NO consolation! They didn't offer a bottle of wine, a dessert, absolutely NOTHING to make up for completely ruining what should have been a wonderul first wedding anniversary. Apparently, fitting us in somehow, regardless of ruining other plans that we had for the day, was enough. Wrong! I would no longer trust this establishment with something as special and important as my wedding anniversary. Such a shame; the massages were wonderful, the food was absolutely amazing (which is why I give them 2 stars instead of 1); but in the back of my mind all I couldn think about was everything that went wrong. Thank you for ruining what should have been a wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Brighton, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

A wonderful get away. I highly recommend the stay at Wine & Roses. The room was great, clean, and set back away from others. The restaurant was excellent but a little pricey. Next door to Wine & Roses is the Visitor Center which has "wine tasting". We would go back and I'm sure others would not be disappointed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I just returned from spending our 23rd wedding anniversary at W&R. We were so impressed with the room, grounds and impeccable service at the hotel. We can't recommend highly enough the Couple Interlude package at The Nest Spa onsit;. 2 hours in the private Keneshaw Suite including two of the best 90 minute massages we've ever experienced (and we've had massages at some of the best spa's including the Scottsdale Fairmont Willow Stream Spa and Mi Amo in Sedona). It was truly a perfect romantic weekend for us to spend together. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My stay at Wine & Roses is always FABULOUS! Not only is the staff wonderful, they are so professional too. They are very customer service oriented and always friendly. The food and landscaping are impeccable; I am very impressed by this what they have to offer. Never have I been disappointed in my stay. Truly a FABULOUS find!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
mission viejo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

In the middle of farming and an industrial area, Wine and Roses is a charming find, complete with cool, lush plants and tall trees shading a delightful patio. The rooms are well appointed and spacious, and the Towne House Restaurant is spectacular! We ate on the patio and enjoyed the olive oil sampler with tapenade and glasses of some local wines - wonderful! The service was impeccable and friendly, and we enjoyed chatting with the bartender at the cozy bar inside, while a pianist played. We were even able to tour the original B&B rooms upstairs, as they were vacant - what a truly classic, well-remodeled old farm house. The front desk clerk also works in the wine industry as a grape tester, so he was an invaluable guide as to which wineries we should visit - discovered 3 that we became members of. We will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Valparaiso, Indiana, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our second stay at this hotel. The rooms are large and comfortable and we loved the patio. Sometimes we get carry-outs from restaurants just so we can enjoy the outdoor dining. I've read some other reviews about noise. We had a wedding right outside our room and there were wedding guests staying just below us. I am very intolerant of noise but was not bothered by the noise level of the ceremony, reception or wedding guests. I would suggest booking a room in the hotel that is near the pool if noise is an issue. We especially enjoyed the parrots.

Room Tip: I like the second floor rooms if you don't have too much to carry. I love being in amongst the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Roseville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

A wedding party did exactly that- party late into the night. Ironic that they have you initial next to their 10pm quiet time when they have no plans to enforce it. Top it off with paper thin walls and exterior corridors and there was no sleep to be had. I called the front desk THREE times and pleaded with them to quiet down the partiers in the courtyard below my room and got apathetic 'I'll see if I can find someone" excuses. Finally after midnight, when there were still people drinking and yelling right under my balcony, I packed up and checked out to make the long drive home so I could get a few hours of sleep before my next long workday. And of course I got charged over $200 for the entire FIVE hours I was in that room. Guy at the front desk said "I think they're finishing up now." Really???? Finishing up with their wedding party after midnight???

SHAME on you management for not taking care of your other guests when you book a wedding party. My coworkers told me this had happened to them as well. I will never be back, and I will ensure that none of my 2,000 coworkers ever do either.

Room Tip: Do not book here. Plain and simple. If you still want to take your chances, you'd better call...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Wine & Roses Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!