“Lovely but needs painting” 4 of 5 stars

Wine & Roses Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2505 W Turner Road, Lodi, CA 95242   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Lodi, California
“Lovely but needs painting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed in the spa room and was disappointed that there wasn't a table on the balcony, only a side table that wasn't enough for appetizers and drinks. I was also disappointed to see that instead of repainting the room, they touched up the room and you could see the paint touch ups. I think that's a little tacky for an upscale property. For the price of the rooms, I expect more that that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Went for one night for my Birthday. We needed a place to stay near Stockton because we were seeing a show at the Stockton Arena. They put us in a room across the parking lot from the main part of the hotel. The room was painted a very very dark brown. It made the whole room feel cold and sterile. Everything was new and clean but other than the paint very typical and standard. The bathroom had a nice large bath tub but the shower was terrible. The shower head was huge and the water pressure was weak. The water just came down like a light rain. I could hold my hand under the head vertically and not get it wet. the pool is cold. The spa is too hot and I mean way too hot. I've stayed in a lot of places from the cheapest to very expensive and this place is just an ok Napa wannabe that is overpriced. Yes the grounds are nice and the spa is beautiful but again way overpriced. The bar smelled like a cat had urinated somewhere. But the drinks were very good. Natural herbs and fruit. Heirloom tomato soup with goat cheese was too acidic and cool. wild and tame mushroom risotto was terrible. I would stay somewhere else next time and save the money for Napa or S.F. P.S. The bed was great slept well.

Room Tip: Avoid the three little buildings across the parking lot if your there for the grounds and quaintness...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently planned a staff retreat at Wine and Roses for my organization – the retreat couldn’t have gone better! The Wine and Roses staff were beyond anything I have ever experienced….they knew us all by name, always had held a “can do” attitude, were extremely accommodating, incredibly efficient, and so very timely. I can honestly say that everyone I encountered on the beautiful hotel grounds was wearing a smile, and if their experience was anything like ours, I know why! I would definitely recommend this location to anyone and plan to spend time there again myself in the very near future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ATL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here for a business meeting in October. My only regret was that my wife was unable to make this trip. Really neat "western" style rooms with a great private balcony/porch area. Would have been a great quite place to sit out and have breakfast. Weather was perfect. Left the balcony door open to let the night air in. Dinner was outstanding and obviously some really great local wines. If I get back to Lodi, I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Recently visited Wine and Roses for a close friend wedding. The food was excellant along with the service. The location was beautiful and would recommend for those couples looking for a special location to tie the knot!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manteca, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

took my husband here for a romantic night. We stayed in the Bride's suite and we also did the couples interlude package at the spa. The 24 hrs. spent there was def. expensive and some of the experience was not worth it. I wish we would of stayed in the suite and ordered in from some where out the restaurant.

-Bar, piano player was boring, and flirting with all the men. For a Friday night I wished it would of been a little more up beat.
- Restaurant, food was HORRIBLE I ordered the Memories From Italy. Which I returned after looking at the horrible presentation on the plate and after taking one bite of the brochette. Then I thought I would keep it safe so I ordered the Saffron Pasta & Shrimp. My husband and I took one bite, and were done!There was no taste what so ever.It tasted like wet cold noodles, and the vegtables where hard. And on top of it, they over charged me. I was charged for a full plate when I only ordered a half a plate. I caught this mistake at checkout. Thank goodness.

The SPA Experience
I purchased the couples interlude. Very expensive but you can't put a price on romance epically when you have 3 kids and never get romance! And plus for that price I was expecting something amazing.
+friendly people
+beautiful scenery
+Amazing locker rooms (they have everything you need)
+Great amenities
- I was suppose to get a deep tissue massage but the masseuse couldn't do it. She was sick! She kept sniffling the whole time, coughing and blowing her nose. It was gross to say the least. At one point I asked "could you please go deeper" she responded "ya" with a sniffle. The she pushed her elbow as hard as she could across my shoulder bone. I yelled it hurt so bad. Long story short my husband loved his massage but mine was horrible. I spoke with a supervisor after wards which she decided to give me a gift card just for my massage so I could come back. Really?I still had to pay the full amount. I really have no intentions on going back. I should of not had to pay for mine! I wanted this experience to be something we could remember together forever.

Room Tip: Brides suite! Above resturant
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I attended a wedding here last weekend, and the grounds are absolutely gorgeous. The ceremony was outside, and the post-wedding/pre-reception area was perfect. The reception hall was also great. The passed hors d'oevres were just okay--little mini chicken tostadas, little brushettas, and crab cakes wrapped in bacon. The salad was not great, but I really dislike blue cheese, so it may have just been me. The entree was fantastic--very juicy chicken, perfectly cooked filet, great veggies! We had breakfast/brunch there, too, and it was decent with a good selection.

The rooms are pretty great! We had a #42, which is a "spa room," which I understand really only means river rocks inlaid in the ground in the bathroom and entry. Our balcony was huge and awesome. The room had a great big tub, lots of hot water with great pressure, a king-size bed, a great selection of pillows, etc.! The windows open so you can let the crisp Cali air in, which was great!

Only complaint is that the shower curtain smelled moldy/mildewy and made the entire bathroom smell mildewy. Otherwise, pretty awesome!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wine & Roses Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!