“Value is going down...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd.

You added Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2380 Nissen Drive, Livermore, CA 94550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Livermore
“Value is going down...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Full Disclosure: I am here on long term business and I am currently staying here but I may have to move if I don't see improvement in the facility.

Overall this property has a lot of upside. It's next to the freeway, the gym, and stores. The staff is always friendly. But it's clear that they are understaffed. The maintenance and cleaning service levels rise or fall depending on who is doing the work. There is a guy name Shawn who I would hire in a second if I was in the position to do so. He is always consistent and the attention to detail he puts into cleaning my room and the trash collection areas is awesome. Unfortunately his effort and the staff's overall professionalism can't mask the outdated fixtures, worn out common areas, dated worn furniture, noisy bathrooms and fans and AC in the rooms. When I see the new commercials it sucks because what I see doesn't match with my experiences and it's getting worse. I don't use my coffee maker because its old and broken down. The price point is low but will rise soon with the season changes however the value is starting to decrease as the facility falls into further disrepair. There are cobwebs in the center stairwell that's been there for two months for example. Too bad that the staff, who are really easy to deal and work with look to not be supported and have to deal with the fallout from the lack of updates the rooms have gotten combined with the understaffing of the property which only seems to be getting worse with the changes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Livermore, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

While the hotel is only 15 years old, it's sorely in need of renovation.I would have been ok with this if the hotel just wasn't overall dirty. Ants invaded my room, and I noticed trash in the hallways and stairways that weren't cleaned up for over 24 hours. The beds were not comfortable and need replacing too. On the plus side, the staff has courteous and the free wi-fi connection was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kingman, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

If you never lived in a public housing project, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE! Dirty, pot smoke wafting through the halls, seedy characters lurking around at night, many of wich seem to be friends of the employees. Just who IS running the front desk? a typical flea bag motel with absolutely no management. The one down the street in dubin is just as disgusting. God forbid you need something, the front desk will either not be open, nor care about you. security? absolutely non existent. basically a housing project with a front desk. STAY AWAY FROM THESE HOTELS AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thomas - We appreciate your feedback about your stay at our property. Please accept our sincere apologies that you found a lack of cleanliness and friendly customer service. Our staff is trained to help our guests at all times and to ensure that their stays are 100% satisfactory.

Since we were unable to provide this for you, I have taken the time to review with our team, standard procedures for cleaning and reducing smells as well as how to best assist guests during their stays. Also, our hotel does not condone illegal activity of any kind, so we are looking into your comments and will take action as needed.

It would be our pleasure to have you back, to show you the areas in which we have improved. Please contact us directly should you wish to discuss anything further or stay with us again in the future.
Roseville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

After reading all the previous reviews I still took a chance on Extended Stay. After my stay I will now state that all previous negative comments were absolutely true. Nothing has been fixed, replaced or made better. Obviously, the management is "very, very sorry", but they need to follow through with some real action. One thing not mentioned previously which ruined my stay and was the deciding factor in my commitment to never return was the horrible smell of cigarette smoke. This is a hotel that still allows smoking in some rooms and the smell is everywhere, the elevator, the halls and my non-smoking room. I had to keep the window (the one I could open, the other was broken) open all day and night to keep the air fresh. The halls are dingy and old. Carpeting is shredding and dirty. The so-called breakfast is predominately sugar loaded crap with some fresh fruit that had seen better days and was tasteless. My room (307) faced the back of the Cattleman's restaurant next door. The first night a garbage truck showed up at 4AM to empty the dumpster, no getting back to sleep after that, the second night a big delivery truck arrived at 2AM and proceeded to unload its contents for about an hour. Add the scratchy sheets and miniscule blanket and I never got a decent night's sleep. One last note: Management, please don't post a reply to this review telling me how sorry you are and that it's your goal to ensure your clients have a 100% positive experience. After reading all of your previous replies going back to 2012, you say the same things over and over, but don't do anything to actually improve the quality of your hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, March 17, 2013
We would like to thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Livermore. We understand that it can be frustrating for a guest when a hotel stay does not meet the expectations the guest has and that we set forth as a company for all our guests. I would like to assure you that we are currently in the process of refreshing and renovating all of our properties coast to coast for our guest’s enjoyment. We take all our guests comments to heart and make our corporate office aware of what our guests are saying about us so we can make the necessary improvements to keep our guests satisfied stay after stay. Changes are happening every day at our hotels and we will continue to do what it takes to make our hotels the best they can be for all our visiting travelers.

I appreciate that you give us your opinions and comments so that we know where we may fall short and what areas the guest wants us to focus on. We do care very much what people think of our properties and take great pride in ensuring a pleasant stay. I am truly sorry that you experienced all that you did and we are working diligently to change our hotel for the better every day. I would like the opportunity to have you back with us or at any of our other 680 locations nationwide. Please feel free to give us a call directly at the property and ask for a member of management and we would be happy to do all we can to ensure you have a great stay. With hospitality the Management at Extended Stay Livermore.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel and rooms were old, dingy, and dirty. I had to wipe down the counter in the bathroom before using it. The fixtures were old and hard to use (especially the bathroom sink) and our air conditioning unit did not work properly. Needless to say, we didn't sleep much that night on the hard, crunchy, stained sheets and uncomfortable bed.

• Stayed March 2013
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Livermore - Airway Blvd. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

I am glad for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the level of cleanliness in your suite particularly the bathroom and the stained sheets on your bed. Please know that we do have strict quality control standards, and that we inspect each room prior to making it available to our guests. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with our staff in order to investigate your case in more detail to ensure something like this does not happen again in the future.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is located right next to the freeway, Starbucks, restaurants, and a 24 hr Fitness, which are all positives for me! The front desk staff was nice, but the rooms could use some TLC. The kitchen didn't have any silverware, the toilet barely worked, the hot water took forever, and the bed was hard as a rock! I'm not really a picky person when it comes to beds, but this one was seriously awful. My biggest complaint about this property was that our room wasn't equipped with a functioning or proper smoke alarm, which I find completely unacceptable. The device was hanging from the ceiling not even attached and the test button on it was gone. I wonder how many rooms are like this? For the price of this hotel per night it should be properly maintained and well-equipped. Also, when I spoke to the manager on duty about the smoke detector he didn't take responsib

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Livermore - Airway Blvd.. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff and that any maintenance issues that may be deficient including our fire safety smoke alarms will be corrected immediately. We take the safety of our guests and staff very seriously and we want to be sure to be 100% compliant at all times.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Corey is the Manager at ES America Livermore. He runs this with a friendly smile, staff who work beautifully with him and I can tell you they know your name. I have to say this, it has the feel of a really good Bed and Breakfast! 5 stars to you and your staff, you deserve it!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, February 10, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Livermore - Airway Blvd. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. We will pass on your thanks and ours to Corey and his staff for a job well done.

Been to Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd.

Address: 2380 Nissen Drive, Livermore, CA 94550
Location: United States > California > Livermore
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Extended Stay, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.