“A Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Birmingham, AL
“A Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I stayed here on a business trip for a week. The accomodations were excellent.
The only restaurant in walking distance is a Wendy's, but there are many things in easy driving distance. I recommend trying Cattlemen's accross the interstate.
My room was clean and the free breakfast was very good.

I will be staying there again in the near future and I know that I will enjoy it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Isle of Man
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

We were in room 110, right below other reviewers room 210 so YES - noisy by roads. However, as we'd flown in from Europe to SFO and driven to Livermore on way to Tahoe, simply crashed out and didnt hear a thing except some noisy neighbours in night.

Bed comfort OK but not that wide, thought as VIP Hilton we'd have bigger bed upgrade. Room clean but like a motel though, not worth the $100+ we paid and breakfast is in effect $10 a person, the 'fresh cooked' hot dish is a microwave egg product! Nowhere around we saw to walk for a meal or buy a sandwich/beer.

Nice staff though, people were OK. But have not put on the 'repeat' list, poor value.

• Liked — Easy to find
  • Disliked — NOISE and POOR VALUE
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

I arrived rather late at this hotel and I went to bed right away. I noticed some road noise as I went to sleep but I was tired enough to not be too bothered by it (Room 210). However, I woke up at 1:00am noticing how noisy it was. I looked out my window and saw an on ramp. an off ramp, and 580 freeway all very close. It was almost unbelievable how noisy the room is.

I was unable to get back to sleep and called the front desk. I asked if they could change my room but they told me there was nothing they could do.

By 4 am I was simply unable to get back to sleep so I called again. I asked if they we're aware how noisy the room was and they said they were, but I should have told them earlier about my concern. I asked for the manager and she said she was the manager. I asked that since I was unable to sleep if she could work with me on the room charges and she said they would.

The next morning a different woman was at the front desk and knew about my issue but blamed me for booking the "cheap" room ($89.00) and was very confrontational about my asking for a better rate. It seems the front desk has received training in how to put the blame on the guest for issues they have with the hotel. It's unfortunate since I normally like Hampton Inn. Since there are other choices in the area I'll choose a different hotel next time.

• Disliked — very noisy, horrible customer service
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
riohelado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

When I checked into the hotel in Livermore I was suprise to see such a variety of hotels located next to one another, When I checked in to this hotel the Front Desk Clerk Samantha was too busy on the phone speaking with another employee about the unaffair schedule changes done by the management of the hotel, she seem to be very supportive of her fellow co-worker and agreeing in how unfair the GM was on making last minute changes, As I am standing infront of her holding my credit card and waitting to actually speak with her, she checked me in didn't say a thing other than "here are your keys elevator to your left" I waited until she got of the phone to see if a particular movie was playing and she ensure me that it was when I got to the room there was no signs of it being available for rent. When I left for lunch I noticed the hallway on the second floor had hint cigarrette smoke, it suprised me shocked me since I asked to be in a non smoking room I got into the elevator and the sent was stronger when I got the first floor to my suprise the front desk clerk Lindsay was not there and the doors where wide open I noticed that a car was parked outside and I found the clerk smoking speaking in such a manner that if my childern had been with me I would had to address such crude language. The Next morning I went down for breakfast to find a very limited and tasteless breakfast with what seeem to be self serving and self prepering since there didnt seem to be a host or hostess working there.

If you are traveling with children you might want to check the outlest and extencion cords in the room as the photo I am attaching left a lot to be desired.

Over all the discounted rate I got at this hotel was not worth it.

I was

Stayed May 2008
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2007

I am fairly critical of hotels and had not been happy during my last stay at the Residence Inn next door, so decided to try Hampton Inn for this business trip. My experience with Hampton Inns is that they are clean and offer a decent complimentary breakfast.

This Hampton Inn is perhaps the cleanest hotel in which I've ever stayed. It looked cleaned, and felt clean. My room was large and spacious enough, and included a sofa, coffee table and desk. A microwave and small frig were tucked into the bottom half of the TV airmore. The color palette in the bathroom was lovely. They offered a nice selection of toiletries.

The bed was extraordinarily comfortable -- even the white duvet looked clean! The carpet, in my room and throughout the hallway, looked new.

Breakfast was nice, and was attended by a very helpful woman. There is a happy hour on weekday evenings. Complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks and a light meal, such as salad and chili cheese dogs. These were attended by a helpful young lady.

The hotel is about a 15-minute drive to "the Lab"; there are plenty of restaurants nearby; and it's not far from downtown Livermore. During the drive, I saw sheep, hens, horses, cows and deer.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a gym and two computers for guests to use. Everything worked.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Room key was a bit "tricky", as was the key for the man two doors down.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

We had a great stay at the Livermore Hampton inn. Friendly staff, nice rooms and delicious complimentary breakfast. Recommended for anyone visiting this area.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

I used to love Hampton INN and other hotels in the Hilton chain. Now, I just try to stay away from all of them! Before booking at this location, I had a 6-week staying at a Hampton Inn in Arizona, wonderful experiences, I told the staff there "It's my home away from home" before I left.

After a long day of traveling, I arrived around 9:30PM. The girl at front desk girl told me they were sold out, they had to walk me. The situation never happened to me, plus I am a HiltonHonors Gold VIP. I wasn't happy but I took the offer. It turned out to be a huge mistake. The hotel they walked me to is a Quality Inn about 7 miles away in the middle of nowhere. Bad area, dark everywhere, homeless people wandering around in the parking lot. I immediately turned around and drove back to Hampton Inn.

Same girl told me I didn't have other choices, either take the Quality Inn or I have to pay for it if I want to go anywhere else. There were 5-6 other hotels in the same area, including a Hilton Garden Inn. She claimed that they were all sold out - I later found out it wasn't true - that's also what the manger told her. I then talked to the manager on the phone, this lady is SOMEBODY! Her full name is Annie Agbayani, she was extremely rude and totally unprofessional. This is what she told me on the phone: " I have nothing to offer you except these three couches in the lobby!" I was shocked after hearing that! I could't believe anyone who works in any hotels would have the guts to say it to their guests!

I ended up checking myself into the Holiday Inn Express right next door. And I called HiltonHonors the very next morning. They apologized, and told me I should be hearing from someone in three days. After a week, nothing happened except for a short email from the same girl that night. I called HiltonHonors again, they asked me to fax them the Holiday Inn Express receipt, which I did. And it took them more than two more weeks to issue the check! They didn't even bother to put in a note there saying like "We are sorry". It was nothing but the check.

I can't describe how disappointed I was. Bye bye Hampton Inn and all Hilton Hotels! And I will always remember “the three couches in the lobby"!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Livermore? Share your experiences!