“Got More in Livermore” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
West US
“Got More in Livermore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I cashed in some Marriott Rewards points for a two night stay at the Residence Inn Livermore/Pleasanton. We were in the area for a SF Giants game but we had to stay out in the 'burbs rather than in The City because I was pretty low on points. Despite being a little far removed from San Francisco, it wasn't a problem and we found several things to do in the area, including shopping at an excellent outlet center, the Livermore Premium Outlets. (There were great stores there including Nike, Neiman's Last Call, and Saks Off 5th.) Our family stayed in a studio that was quite spacious and included two queen beds and a hide-a-bed, as well as the standard (and clean) Residence Inn fully-equipped kitchen. There was a desk and fireplace (which we did not use). The furnishings in the room were contemporary, despite the fact that this was an older property. Everything was in full working order and there was enough storage for the four of us and all of the stuff that we bought at the Outlets! One suggestion for their next renovation is to add more counter space in the bathroom. (By the way, we were in room for folks with disabilities. So, I'm not sure the large size of the bathroom was standard.) The free breakfast was fine, as was the one dinner we had where they barbecued hamburgers, vegeburgers, and hot dogs. I've had better meals at other Residence Inns, but this one was still okay. Staff at the property were quite pleasant and welcoming. While the property is next to a gas station, we wanted a cheaper alternative. The front desk staff directed us to Costco which was practically next door. It was kind of hidden among all of the office parks near-by. So, we were able to gas up at a lower price! Would we come back? Absolutely. Additional perks included, free parking, a pool, close driving proximity to a BART station, easy freeway on and off, and that warm East Bay weather. It was a nice relaxed setting for part of our Bay Area family vacation. Thanks, Marriott!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

While intended for traveling business contract types, this has been on okay family wedding party gathering place. Buffet breakfast is adequate, coffee decent but not great. No safes in room and lobby safe deposit boxes not large enough for kindle, nor ipad. Could only get stuff out when sr manager on site, until late afternoon.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night for a family reunion and wished we could've stayed longer. Our family of four and a medium sized dog had a comfortable stay in the Penthouse suite. We usually stay at vacation rentals with our dog but the Penthouse suite with its full kitchen was just as spacious as a condo. We found the front desk and the housekeeping staff to be very courteous. We were pleasantly surprised by the newly remodeled rooms and also the variety of choices at breakfast including make your own waffles, hot oatmeal, eggs and sausages and more. We will definitely stay here again should we return to the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights on a business trip. Easy to find among the many choices in the area. Parking was tight but we found a spot close enough to our room. The check in service as quick and friendly with a good explanation of the hotel services, location of our room etc. Rooms were recently updated and they are well done except for the exterior door which did not get replaced in the renovation and allows outside noise into the room very easily. If someone is talking or making noise on the stairs outside the room, you will hear it like your door isn't closed. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices, cereal, fresh fruit, eggs, toast sausage, waffles etc. Also, in the evenings they have a light dinner and refreshments complimentary. It was nice to have a glass of wine and something to eat right at the hotel. the exercise room is very small with just two treadmills and one elliptical machine and a few weights. Pool was very nice but small. Overall, this is a very good choice for the area and a good value. I would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: try to get an upper room and you won't hear the people above you walking.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I arrived at this property late at night (about 1:00 AM), and was told that, in the absence of parking at the hotel, I had to park at the Courtyard across the street. I had four bags, and it was dark. I would have been livid had it been my wife traveling alone.
The issue has more to do with how the manager RESPONDED to the issue: I went in early the next morning to speak to the manager. He was somewhat apologetic, but also quite direct in mentioning that he had a property to run, and that included the large storage cans, and also that some tenants had been known to park more than one vehicle; implying that there was nothing he could do about the situation.
Suggestions: 1) Have permits, as so many hotels do, to ensure that each guest is only parking ONE car. 2) Reserve a few spots for Marriott Elite members - that may sound pompous, but if you don't want to take care of your most loyal customers, then who DO you value? 3) Hire a valet for the duration of the work. Yes, it's outside of the box, and a bit unusual for a long-term stay type property ... but again, in the name of customer service.
That said, I was not totally satisfied with the General Manager's response, and asked for the owner's contact data, and was flatly refused. I take great exception to fiefdoms, and believe that EVERYBODY is accountable to somebody.
So, that was the bad ... and it did leave a sour taste in my mouth ... but the good is a nicely freshened, well-appointed property with all the usual accoutrements. The pool is clean, and pleasantly warm, and the overnight desk clerk is a pleasure.
Ultimate assessment: I would not RETURN until some assurances are in place that customers are not UNDULY inconvenienced ... this property is one of the more expensive in the Tri-Valley, which could be worth the premium if there are no obstacles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Goleta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here the other night with a friend. We chose a 2 bdrm suite as not to bother each other with our snoring. This hotel was EXCELLENT. First of all, it was amazingly clean. I own a contract cleaning business and for me to be impressed is rare. Second, the staff was very kind and friendly. Third, very reasonable. The clerk even allowed us the weekend rate (though we were staying Monday night) allowing me to look no further. Fourth, the suite was spacious, each of our two bdrms had its own bathroom, and the units were very well maintained. Frankly, though we only needed one night, I wouldn't hesitate to stay for a month or two if I had to. The suite was more of a mini-apartment. Lastly, great breakfast including eggs, canadian bacon, oatmeal, and all the continental stuff. Interestingly, tomorrow & Saturday night I will be in Yuma, AZ. I deliberately chose the Marriott Residence Inn because of the impression the folks in Livermore gave me.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the suite, especially if you're here on business. You'll think you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This property is the older design of Residence Inn's. There were construction storage trucks all over the property that reduce the minimal parking by at least 30%. No indication during the reservation process that major construction was ongoing. I was given "the last room" which was a handicap room. I am not disabled. The room had a fireplace which had left the room with an aroma like there had been a forest fire in it recently. When I checked my credit card statement the y had billed me over twice the amount of the confirmed rate and added and additional misc. charge.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Livermore Pleasanton? Share your experiences!