“Good Location Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Shiloh,Illinois
“Good Location Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Have stayed here several times over the years while attending meetings in Livermore and have never had a bad experience. Hotel itself I’m told is slated for some renovation, which it definitely needs to compete with the other hotels in the area.
Pros: Quiet location, friendly staff, I received an upgraded 2 level room which was huge, nice selection of free food and drink offered in the lobby every night, 2 minute walking distance to a 7/11 type store if you need to pick up anything, lots of free parking.
Cons: In need of the renovation mention above, while the room was clean and the bed comfortable the room/bathroom(s) really do need minor things repaired and to be updated.
Bottom line, will I stay there again, yes, and hope they have it updated by then, this one probably could be a 3 due to overall need for updating but for now it’s a 4 for me as a business traveler because of the staff/location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here using Marriott's reward points on the day before Christmas Eve. The staff were very pleasant and our room quite clean and comfortable. The couch was also comfortable - and the bed was okay (a little hard - but fine). The location is very convenient to the freeway but there was little if any noise. It was quite nice having the kitchen which included coffee and popcorn, as well as mints. The staff had put together a nice bag of chocolate which was nice also. We had dinner at Wente Restaurant which was spectacular - and an easy drive from the hotel. Breakfast (which was provided) had many choices - healthy or otherwise - definitely lots. A family with three children came in while we were there (remember it was Christmas Eve morning) and they were so excited that there were doughnuts (as well as hot chocolate, waffles, eggs, potatoes, bacon, bagels and cream cheese, yogurt). A communal computer that was easy to access was nice also. The roomAll in all -- not the most exciting place to stay - but just fine - with some nice touches and friendly staff. A good stay all in all.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband work brought us to the area and we had to live here for 3 months. It ended up feeling like home to us. At first I was a it freaked out because the rooms were not the best but after I "nested" it was home for us. We loved getting dinner 5 nights a week, we got to know everyone who worked there and they are a wonderful group of people. They bought us Christmas gifts and even bought gifts for out dog Shadow!!! There are still days that we say we wish we were back there just because it was so nice to be taken care of!!!
Only cons were beds were a little uncomfortable and internet was bad .

Room Tip: Pick room kitty corner from pool area when you first drive in - more to see and nice wood burning fi...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Just back from an overnight here with my family. Though I am a Marriott guy, I have never actually stayed at a Residence Inn. I choose it here as I was traveling with my family and wanted some extra room.

The good...

First and foremost, I have to credit the space. We paid a little extra for a room with a loft...totally worth it. The kids got extra play space and thought that we were in the fanciest hotel ever. Many amenities that, in and of themselves, were no big deal but the way everything came together, it was really helpful.

Got great directions at the desk for a local market...they were pre-printed so I didn't have to write anything down. Bravo!

Laundry space was convient and easy to use and fairly priced.

Food at evening snack/happy hour and breakfast were well above what I had expected. Plenty of choices which was a surprise. (Remember, I picked the place so we could have space and a kitchen for cooking!) Ironically, we would have been fine eatting dinner at happy hour and breakfast that they prepared.

Pool was clean and well maintained.

Best touch was the fact that they had prepared a speacial welcome for me with candy. This was to recognize my status with Marriott as a loyalty member (but not someone who gets paid to blog about it).

The bad...
Coffee was weak. Seriously, that's the worst thing I can say about this experience.

The ugly...

This was virtually my fault entirely. I couldn't get internet access and couldn't figure out why. When I eventually called the front desk, they walked me through a couple of options but admitted that their wi fi was not excellent. She kept starting to tell me about other easy options but I wouldn't hear about it...my bad...the cable connection was about 5 feet from where I was sitting...I found it in the morning...I am an idiot and can't blame them when I was so stubborn. My only though was had the cable been actually at the work desk rather than the kitchen table, I would have found it more easily. Again, not much in the way of constructive feedback.

Well done Marriott...another stay that surpassed my expectations....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
placitas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I have stayed here many times and was pleased until the management made the poor decision to change its TV service from dish to canned cable. Now you can't get the best local channels like KRON San Francisco or KOFY San Francisco. The NBC and ABC channels which are now offered are totally unfamiliar to me, although until recently I was a Livermore resident for twenty-four years. The only local channel which is familiar to me is KTVU in Oakland, which as a Fox affiliate is in like flint with the cable companies. It's a shame. KRON and KOFY are the bay area. Now I may as well be somewhere in the heartland or aboard ship. The geography is missing.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2008

Stayed here three nights for a business trip. As far as staff courtesy, helpfulness, and business amenities go, can' t do much better than this place. Nice hot breakfast to boot and having a kitchen en suite are one of the main reasons I often stay at Residence Inns while on business trips. The only drawbacks were: the place needs a big facelift; room was old and tired; bed was hard as a brick. If they can update these things I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — Very nice staff
  • Disliked — Bed was made out of concrete
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lincoln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2008

Stayed at the Residence Inn on Business. The staff were very friendly, the complimentary breakfast was very nice. The suites wer well equipped with ironing boards,large fridge/freezer full oven, microwave cofee maker.

compelmentary broadband internet access was also available. A Wendys was next door with a shop where drinks phone cards etc were available. a Cattlemens steak house was within easy walking distance.

very enjoyable and would stay there again.

Andy

lincoln
UK

• Liked — Cleanliness And Friendlyness
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Livermore Pleasanton? Share your experiences!