“An average motel with lesser reputation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Livermore

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Livermore to your Saves list
Motel 6 Livermore
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4673 Lassen Road, I-580/Arthur H Breed Freeway at Springtown Blvd, Livermore, CA 94550   |
Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in Livermore
Prague, Czech Republic
“An average motel with lesser reputation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you just need to stay for one-two nights somewhere, and a room without an a/c fits the climate, this is the plac to go. Usual motel 6 standard, nothing fancy but fits the need of sleeping.

Parking spots are quite tight, so it's better to park on the extreme lef or right instead of squeezing the car between others.

Review the other comments too, you will know what is bad reputation. He room costs 55 dollars including tax, oct 2012.

• Stayed October 2012

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

During our night stay I can say this motel is like most other motel 6 locations in which you get what you pay for. When we arrived the young lady at the desk was extremely friendly and had us in our room quickly. The room itself was fine other than the weak flushing toilet in the small bathroom. Parking was full once we got back from eating (around 8) and we had to squeeze between two crappy parked cars. Again for the price you cant beat it and the pool was very clean and enjoyable on a 90 degree day. We had a good experience and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011
Santa Barbara, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

It's a Motel 6, so don't expect much. There are no amenities, but hey, it's inexpensive, quiet, clean and has air-conditioning. The staff was very pleasant. When I returned after a day of work, I discovered that my room hadn't been cleaned. The cleaning staff had already left, but the owners quickly moved me to a fresh new room. I've been in other, much more expensive hotels where the maid missed my room and nothing was done about it. The adjacent 7-11 satisfies late night cravings. I'd stay away from the pool if I were you, it was kinda greenish.
Cons: very basic, green pool
Pros: nice staff, next to 7-11, inexpensive

Room Tip: Rooms in the back, by the pool are quieter, as they are farther away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012 via mobile

After driving 7 hrs, all we wanted was sleep! It was fine. Something odd happened though...as we were bringing our bags in these people drove up to me and said they were leaving early, did we want their room. I said no. We allready paid. No thanks. They were sitting very low in their seats. They drove around the building. This time they asked my husband the same
thing, but wanted $25 for it. It kinda creaped us out!but we were too sleepy to go tell the clerk. Scammy druggy type tweekers. So get in your room and lock the door!

• Stayed February 2012
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

My mother and I decided to stay at this Motel 6 because it was close to the VA Livermore facility where my uncle is permanently living and we were visiting from Iowa. The man at the front desk was very rude, and acted as if he was bothered to help us. We received our room key and drove around to the other side where we saw two work trucks. The trucks belonged to a company that cleaned up crime scenes. They were cleaning a room upstairs and to the left of our room. I immediately went to the desk to find out if someone was killed. The manager laughed as he said,"oh no, it was just a domestic dispute last night." Now any kind of domestic dispute that requires four men to clean up the room seems like a little more than some pushing, slapping and curse words.

We did not have a choice as to where else to stay because of a tight budget. So we toughed it out. The room was run down, the bathtub had chipping paint, and the bathroom was lit by one light bulb.

I will never stay there again, and most people do not need to stay in Livermore, but I still would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

Let me just start by saying that when you pull up and see that its 39.99 a night that its a complete joke. I live in livermore and know that the tax rate here is 8.25% as of june cause they had to lower it by 1%. I had stayed in a motel 6 in fremont that had the same price per night and a higher tax rate. For the night for myself there it cost $41.82 after tax anx when I was told the total after tax for the room in livermore it came to $45.22. I did the math and figured out they harge 13.10% tax and that is against state law to charge tax that high. Of course when I bring this up to the guy behind the counter, he says "oh I just charge what I'm told". Then on top of that I go to sit on the bed and its missing a leg. When I pulled the covers back, the bed smelled like someone had peed in it. The next morning the housekeeping knocked on the door at 10 the see if I was checking out and when I said yes, she spent like 2 minutes trying to open the door so until I finally opened it and told her I WILL be checking out at 12 so please leave me alone. The management is rude and offers no apology or explanation for anything so needless to say I will not be staying there agin but I will be contacting cooperate.

• Stayed July 2011
Livermore, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I have been to Motel 6's for many years and I have never been in one as the
Livermore, CA where it was almost a nightly occurance to have people yelling up and
down outside the rooms, people having sexual encounters with no sense of other
tenants sleeping. But the most undesirable situation occurred when the tenants next door started a loud argument before 12 after slamming the doors, others joined in the room with a loud and very boisterous gathering/party. At 1:30 the night manager was called by me as having not an ounce of sleep - he said he would tell them to calm it down. Needless to say it went on to about 4:30 AM- I left and canceled my stay at 6 in the morning as I COULD NOT STAY THERE ANOTHER NIGHT. Either the motel will have to be firmer on the noise rules or otherwise bring the best ear plus you can buy as that even does not help. Would I even consider spending another night at this location- NOT NOT NOT.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Livermore? Share your experiences!