“Stayed for 1 week” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
“Stayed for 1 week”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have stayed with the Holiday Inn Express before in a different state, so I knew mostly what to expect. I am in town on business which is near by so I love the location. There is no freeway noise which is great. Upon arrival the front desk staff was friendly. I had forgotten my toothbrush so they provided me with a complimentary one. My room was nice, clean, and spacious. The only negative experience is that the walls are thin. The first night the neighbors wereloud (which you can contact the front desk but I didnt) the second I could hear my upstairs neighnor puking, and my last night my other neighbor's snoring kept me wide awake. Surprisingly, despite my thin wall experience, I WILL stay here again because of the incredibly friendly staff and my most favorite part, the free happy hour. Tune in to this; the bartender was my most favorite part of my stay. She took the time to have a conversation with me and my other co-workers staying at the hotel. she remembered what I liked to drink for every following night to come, and her personality was phenomenal! She is a true asset to the Holiday Inn. Above average for sure.

I would recommend to stay on the top floor, or an end room to help with the thin walls.

Enjoy complementary breakfast and happy hour

The fitness center was great and clean.

The housekeeping staff was excellent.

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Livermore, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear tiffanylawrence,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We are pleased you found our staff to be friendly. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide friendly accommodations. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

These guy and the lady who worked front desk refused to honor our on line reservation and even calls that we made to 800 holiday inn did not make them change their mind. It seems like Holiday Inn Express is individually owned and the owners set their rules and price and can refuse the reservation, and price set on line or by telephone and you will be left to find another place late at night or accept their price. It makes a very uneasy, and unhappy situation....so i rather to reserve somewhere else like the holiday in near city of Livermore (680 FWY). I have to drive about 30 minutes but they are courteous and kind and accept all the set rules by Holiday Inn Express on line or 800 ...

Room Tip: These guys do not act as part of the Holiday Inn Express corporation. They set their own price and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Livermore, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Javad R,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Livermore, CA.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Rafael, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We attended a wedding in Livermore and spent 2 nights at the Holidy Inn Express. The attention to detail in helping us get adjoining rooms, since there was an infant with us, in helping us get early checkin and the general friendliness and competence of the staff was exemplary. Would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the beautiful Livermore Valley!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gosford, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

A nice basic hotel. Clean, well sized room. Bathroom basic but clean. Good bed and bedding. Aircon was quiet and reliable. Mini-bar sized fridge but bare. Microwave. The booking included breakfast which is the run of the mill, DIY config usually found in this sized establishment. (Try the robotic pancake maker though - it's very cool). Like a lot of the smaller motels these days, the free wireless access in the room was very fast and rock solid (if only the likes of Hilton could be the same).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here while training. Nicely greeted by staff. Room had everything I needed - desk-level power outlet, lots of light, great pillows and sheets. Breakfast in the morning was good - standard HIE fare but refreshed often by staff. Check-out was prompt. Outside grounds are well-kept and pool looked very inviting. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

the staff has made my stay very enjoyable Poojah always greets myself and the other guest with a big smile and is very proffesional.The breakfast and happy hour are a added bonous danielle has a great personality and makes the guest feel at home.l

• Stayed August 2012
Auberry, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I am normally not very critical but this was a terrible experience at the Holiday Inn Express in Livermore. First of all the hotel was not clean. My room's floor was filthy, I had to wear flip flops because of the grit on the floor. My second night nothing changed still filthy. The worst part of the stay was the internet. I do all of my business reports in the evenings at hotels. The internet was so slow that I could not even open up any emails. I had to got to nearby resturaunt that offered free wifi to complete my task. When I brought this up with the hotel they said opps sorry.

Room Tip: Go the Hampton Inn in Livermore. It is almost next door but always clean, friendly and a great nigh...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business