“Nice average hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 hotels in Livermore
Gosford, Australia
“Nice average hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

A nice basic hotel. Clean, well sized room. Bathroom basic but clean. Good bed and bedding. Aircon was quiet and reliable. Mini-bar sized fridge but bare. Microwave. The booking included breakfast which is the run of the mill, DIY config usually found in this sized establishment. (Try the robotic pancake maker though - it's very cool). Like a lot of the smaller motels these days, the free wireless access in the room was very fast and rock solid (if only the likes of Hilton could be the same).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here while training. Nicely greeted by staff. Room had everything I needed - desk-level power outlet, lots of light, great pillows and sheets. Breakfast in the morning was good - standard HIE fare but refreshed often by staff. Check-out was prompt. Outside grounds are well-kept and pool looked very inviting. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

the staff has made my stay very enjoyable Poojah always greets myself and the other guest with a big smile and is very proffesional.The breakfast and happy hour are a added bonous danielle has a great personality and makes the guest feel at home.l

• Stayed August 2012
Auberry, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I am normally not very critical but this was a terrible experience at the Holiday Inn Express in Livermore. First of all the hotel was not clean. My room's floor was filthy, I had to wear flip flops because of the grit on the floor. My second night nothing changed still filthy. The worst part of the stay was the internet. I do all of my business reports in the evenings at hotels. The internet was so slow that I could not even open up any emails. I had to got to nearby resturaunt that offered free wifi to complete my task. When I brought this up with the hotel they said opps sorry.

Room Tip: Go the Hampton Inn in Livermore. It is almost next door but always clean, friendly and a great nigh...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Was there for business for a week. Room was small but comfortable, clean and did not smell like cheap hotels. Hotel was close to where I was working and the freeway. I especially love their daily breakfast and happy hour eventhough I hardly use it. I like the fact that it was available if I needed it. The only complaint I had was that the wall was too thin. I can hear the people next door to me, when the shower in another room is running, and especially when they close/open the door. All you hear is a loud slam and if you're busy and in deep thought, it will scare you. Other than that, the place was nice and the staffs were all very friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Red Wing, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Stayed here for two nights for a wedding - staff was great - very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, beds were comfortable - room was quiet.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed three nights in November. I felt the building was a bit older and smaller than other HIE I stayed in the past. Although our room was spacious, the lobby area was almost non-existent; one family with luggage checking in at the lobby would have clogged the flow of traffic there.
One day, we missed housekeeping. We didn’t care about bed making or vacuuming of the room but I needed fresh towels. So I went down to the lobby in the evening and asked for clean towels. My top two guesses of their response was #1)Sure, here you go, #2)I will have somebody bring them to your room later (and I wait and wait and…). Luckily, the receptionist responded with #1) and I was happy. If I can be picky, the receptionist was too casual for my likeness but some people might call her style “friendly.”
At the same time (6-ish), there was happy-hour going on at the breakfast area across the lobby. We weren’t informed about the happy-hour so I am not sure but it looks like they were offering beer and wine along with cheese and other hors d'oeuvres. It was Monday and the most of them were guys drinking beer and watching football on the big screen TV. I’ve never heard of HIE hosting happy-hour so it was interesting.
For everything else, you can expect basic HIE amenities including breakfast offerings.
I liked it and will give it a 3 but if neighboring hotels offer a better deal, I might check them out first.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Livermore? Share your experiences!