“Great choice for a "special occasion" dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 180 Restaurants in Livermore
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Concannon
Description: The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards features ingredient-driven California wine country cuisine using sustainably and organically grown local ingredients. While the menu holds its foundation in American dishes, it is influenced by French and Italian provincial cuisine. The seasonal menu changes daily, utilizing produce from The Restaurant's on-site organic production garden. The award-winning wine list offers more than 1,000 selections, providing numerous options for wine pairings.
Livermore, California
“Great choice for a "special occasion" dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife took me here for my 50th birthday. This is a fancy restaurant, tasty food, and expensive, especially if you order wine. The decor and setting is one of the best in the Tri-Valley area, I believe. The grounds surrounding the restaurant are huge and immaculately maintained with vast lawns. There was a wedding and reception happening on the huge lawn, while we were there having our dinner, so this place definitely gets booked for such occasions. I would only eat here on very special occasions. They cared to write the words "happy birthday" on my dessert plate, in chocolate syrup, which we thought was a nice touch.

• Visited February 2013

Granite Bay, California
“Exciting Dishes That Are Very Creative / Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We like the Restaurant at Wente for business lunches due to their creative menu and beautiful grounds.

Today we started with the various salami appetizer which sampled 3 different meat preparations - all three were excellent from both a taste and texture standpoint. We would order it again.

Second course was the veg. soup. The soup what not what I expected at all, more of a chicken broth with veg and a poached egg. Again, the flavors were excellent and everything worked well together. I would order this again as it tasted very good and it was unique.

For the main course I had the Maine Lobster Salad while my guests had the half chicken and beef raviolis. We all enjoyed our meals and felt the portions were plentiful.

I have eaten lunch here many times and enjoyed many appetizers and main courses, including their special beef. I can easily say that we always enjoy the food and the service during our visits to Wente.

I look forward to my next meal at Wente and what surprises the chef will have prepared.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Granite Bay, California
“Exciting Dishes That Are Very Creative / Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warwick Township, Pennsylvania
“A special place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The restaurant dining room is attractive,spacious, refined and has a large patio for outside seating.
The menu offers a nice selection of items, the food is delicious and the service is professional. The
day we lunched there, they had a special of 50% off on many bottles of wine, that could be served with the meal. The food presentation is exquisite and the dining room atmosphere allows for a relaxed and leisurely meal with good conversation. The restaurant is also located in a picturesque
setting. We look forward to returning here on our next visit to California.

Danville, California
“such a perfect way to spend an afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I hadn't been to Wente for almost 30 years so it was with great pleasure that we sat on the deck on a brilliant day and had the most leisurely, delightful brunch. We both had exotic cocktails and just relished everything. I suppose one could find fault in the food, but any lack is compensated for by the whole experience. Be sure to try to ricotta appetizer with honey. Sheer yumminess! We noticed everyone just sort of leisurely stretching out the experience which is nice in view of the rushed nature of everyone's existence these days. Don't miss this place.