“Be sure to have a car if you want to eat” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in Livermore
Houston, Texas
“Be sure to have a car if you want to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Fairly typical Comfort Inn in terms of comfort level and design. The rooms were clean, but seemed to smell a bit. It could be a cleaner they use. Staff was friendly. I was amazed at how few guests there were. The biggest issue with the location of this hotel is that there are NO restaurants in walking distance. In fact, there were only 1 real restaurant and 4 fast food places within a mile. Considering this is 1 of 4 or 5 hotels at this I580 exit, I'm very surprised there wasn't more choices (okay, unless you can shop at the Costco next door). Had a problem with a noisy party at an adjacent property, the front desk wouldn't call, but did connect me with the police department to make a complaint.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

While my experience at a Yosemite lodge was not particularly good, this hotel, used as an overnight stay prior to my flight home from SFO, was clean, pleasant, reasonable, and easily accessible. The room was clean, the shower was excellent, the climate was controlled, and, fortunately, there were no smoking odors in this non-smoking room. It is also nice to have the toilet/shower in a separate room from the bathroom counter and sink. The hotel is located near restaurants and services, and it has a decent breakfast in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Auberry, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My first impressions of this hotel were very good, friendly staff, clean faciliaty but in the night I found bugs in the bed and in the bathroom

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

The room was okay, but the main problem was that black out curtains did not close, because of a design issue. I was told the curtains were like that in all the rooms. The shear curtains did nothing to keep the lights from the outdoor hallways and parking lot from streaming into the room and if you had a light in the room on the shear curtains did nothing from anybody walk by from looking into your room. If you want a good night sleep in the dark room do not stay at this location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

There was a very strong body oder smell in the room. We asked to be moved to a new room but they only had smaller smoking rooms. (we do not smoke) I had to ask the front desk clerk for some fabreeze to spray in the room but that didn't make the smell go away. No fan in the bathrooms for when you shower. Rugs stained. Eating and common area of the lobby had stains all over the furniture. Strong smell in the lobby area that leads you to think the garbage cans need to be changed. No elevators to the 2nd floor. House keeping knocked on door at 8:30 AM Pictures look good on the internet but the reality is not the same. Will not be staying here again and will not recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for two weeks while I was on a business trip in Pleasanton. I had read the reviews from other sites and thought this would be a good place. I was absolutely wrong. With the exception of one staff member, Bill, the service was absolutely horrible. It's obvious that most at this hotel feel that this is their job and not their career. There is absolutely no extra effort made by any of the staff members to make your stay more enjoyable. From day one, we had billing problems with them. Our stay was paid by my company and yet, they needed continuous written authorization from my company. Over my 21 year career as an IT consultant, I have literally stayed in thousands of hotels. This is the only review that I have ever written and felt that needed to be written.

Another problem were the rats and ground squirrels that inhabit the property. On more than one occasion, my wife and I had to jump back while one of the many rodents passed in front of us. The back of the hotel has a huge prairie dog farm with a pock-marked landscape that reminded me of my days in Iraq. Needless to say, we were not pleasantly surprised by this type of varying wildlife that this part of California had to offer.

Other issues were that the hot tub did not work and pool was unsatisfactory. No service was being done on the hot tub. No sign; nothing that would indicate that it was out of order other than there was a foot deep worth of water. The pool had various holes in the floor. I tried going into the pool but scraped the bottom of my foot several times. After cutting my foot, I thought it necessary to no longer use the pool.

The rooms? Not clean at all. We had many bugs that we had to continuously kill. I'm sorry, but this hotel has not seen an exterminator since it was built.

Free continental breakfast? Good luck getting food unless you wake up at exactly 6 AM. My wife and I are not late risers and generally grab breakfast at 7:30 AM. On more than one occasion, food has just been "out" with no plans of putting more out. It seems that they ration the food based upon what they think guests might consume. At 7:30 AM on a Saturday with half capacity, good luck finding any food at all. We were forced to eat toast on several occasions and had to end up going to a local breakfast joint just to grab something of substance to eat.

Free Wi-Fi? Unfortunately, I have had better connections on a dialup with modem in the middle of Nebraska. The Internet router drops continuously every couple of minutes. When pressed for assistance by the staff, we are told it is not "their" problem and that they simply outsource wi-fi access.

Yes, the price was good, but I have had better service at $29.95 hotels on the side of the highway in the middle of nowhere. Save your dollars and go to comparably priced hotels in the area with better service, guaranteed wi-fi access and breakfast, a pool and hot tub you can actually use and something WAY cleaner than this hotel. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

Good location just off the freeway and minutes from Dublin, this hotel appeals mainly to business people or travelers wanting to stay outside of the city. We stayed there after arriving in san francisco from Europe, before setting out to Yosemite the next morning.

Stayed May 2006

Been to Comfort Inn Livermore? Share your experiences!