“Refused to check us in (or honor their own ad)...” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Livermore
Springtown Inn
Save Saved
You added Springtown Inn to your Saves list
933 Bluebell Dr., Livermore, CA 94551   |
Ranked #16 of 16 hotels in Livermore
Santa Clara, California
“Refused to check us in (or honor their own ad)...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

After seeing their ad stating they were pet-friendly and accepted extended stays, we called and booked a room for us and our cats. We spoke with a Vicky, I believe her name was. (My fiance recently accepted a job in the area from out of state and we needed a temporary place to stay fitting both those criteria while we looked for an apartment locally.There is a serious real estate shortage in the south bay and even with a realtor, we still hadn't found anything by the time of the job's start date.) Come day of check in, we're told by perhaps the rudest individual I've ever encountered that they don't accept pets and the ad was mistaken. He nastily told us that he wouldn't check us in and to leave, goodbye. So, here we are from another state and NOWHERE TO STAY because the place we'd booked won't let us check in. We were fortunate enough to find an Extended Stay America down the road that would take us and the cats but what if we weren't? It was a horrible experience and I'd never recommend them after this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
mattawan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have stayed here quite a few times, and it was nice enough. They have updated a little, but it's still run down. I don't think they will ever fix the pool, which isn't pleasant in the summer.
The staff, (except one), which I will not name, because the owner apparently doesn't care what guests think of her. And it's not Vicki- she is fabulous- but I digress. I gave this rating because there are still rooms that don't get wi fi and they raised the price and it's the same price whether you have awi fi and/or fridge and microwave-and they have changed the channel line up- so I will be looking for another fly by night hotel when I am in the area.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, I don't have any advice. The traffic is a lot and on all sides of the room...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010 via mobile

Met my girlfriends exacting standard for cleanliness. AC is noisy but not louder than expected at this price range. Can't hear freeway-some rooms are closer than others. Has fridge and microwave . Overall a good place to stay cheap.

• Stayed November 2011
St. Louis, Mo.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

An excellent hotel at the First Street interchange with I-580. It is just far enough away to be quiet. The price is right ($39.95 for a single room recently if you say you are a business travler, otherwise $41.95). If you ask, you can get a room with microwave and refrigerator, and a supermarket is 1/2 mile away (south on First Street). It is about 3 1/2 miles from LLNL and Sandia (hint: First Street to Mines Road to Charlotte Way; then if you are walking take the pretty pedestrian/bicycle path along an arroyo to Vasco Road). The Springtown public library is very close (966 Bluebell Ave.), and a fine European restaurant is immediately adjacent.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Springtown Inn? Share your experiences!