“Wonderful overnight get-a-way” 5 of 5 stars

4549 Cross Road, Livermore, CA 94550   |
Livermore, Calif.
“Wonderful overnight get-a-way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had a wonderful overnight get a way at a beautiful spot. Had a gorgeous room with a patio out to the pool. Relaxed by the pool in the afternoon with lime ice water brought to us. The staff and owners are very friendly and personable. Breakfast was delicious, had that out by the pool also. We loved every second we were there.
Lynne

Room Tip: Our room was fantastic, all the rooms looked good, some bigger with larger bathrooms, all were excel...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rhiannon_and_Derek, Rhiannon Eddy, Proprietor at The Purple Orchid Wine Country & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Loved hearing about your wonderful stay, Lynne. Few things are more enjoyable than lounging by the pool with a good book and a tall glass of lime ice water! Thank you for sharing this great experience with others on TripAdvisor last August. We hope to welcome you back soon! Until then, take care.

Best wishes,

Rhiannon Eddy, Proprietor

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I'll preface my review by saying that I've lived in Livermore my whole life and had never been to the Purple Orchid until this year. Now that I know about it, it will definitely be my #1 go-to place for a staycation or spa day!

So, my fiance and I got engaged in February and started our wedding venue search in March. We visited 7 other venues that turned out to be either "Maybe"s or "Hell No!"s. For as long as I can remember I've always dreamed of getting married at a Livermore winery and all of the other venues we viewed were wineries. Honestly, I'm really not sure why we even decided to take a look at the Purple Orchid, but as soon as we drove up we were instantly wowed! The Inn is tucked away in the back roads of Livermore and surrounded by a gorgeous Olive Orchard. Olive trees line the driveway which makes you feel like you're driving into your own private oasis. We parked our car and quickly fell in love with the place where we will say our 'I do's in exactly one year from today :-)

When we met with Rhiannon, one of the owners, she gave us a tour of the property and even showed us a few of the rooms. The grounds are lush and green with roses everywhere and the perfect pool to lounge by with a glass of wine. The rooms are cozy, clean, spacious, and sort of 'modern country'. In particular, the suites are enormous! The recently redecorated spa is well appointed with lavender walls and lush furnishings; I can't wait to come back for a girls' spa day!

I also recently bought a Local Gruv deal for a one night stay here and a couple of weeks ago we were finally able to use our deal. We stayed in the Wilderness Retreat and had an amazing time! I only take away one star because we did have a few maintenance issues in our room. Our blinds were broken, the bathroom faucet only poured hot water, and we couldn't get the fireplace to start. None of these things at all hindered us from having a wonderful stay and when I noted these things to the front desk at checkout she was really kind, apologetic, and thankful that we let her know.

The best part of the Purple Orchid is the great service. The owners are warm and welcoming and their staff is equally wonderful. Upon check-in we received a complimentary glass of wine (from their daily wine & cheese reception) and were shown to our room. Both evening and morning we used the hot tub and relaxed poolside; the staff made sure we were enjoying ourselves and regularly checked in to see if we needed anything. And I can't forget to mention the delicious breakfast, as soon as we walked downstairs in the morning we were greeted and promptly served our omelet, fruit, breakfast burrito, and potatoes, Yummm!

If you are visiting Livermore or even if you are from the area and just need some R&R, I highly recommending booking a stay or spa day at the Purple Orchid, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We're looking forward to the big day! Honored that you and your fiance decided to have your wedding at The Purple Orchid. It is going to be absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for bringing some of the repairs needed in the room to our attention. We have since done the repairs and the fireplaces are now on for the winter season to warm the rooms.

Thank you so much for singing our praises on TripAdvisor last July. Your kind words and support are greatly appreciated, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Best wishes,

Rhiannon Eddy, Proprietor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Last night my husband & I stayed at the Purple Orchid and we left completely rested and relaxed. From the gracious staff, wonderful pool/spa time, beautiful room with a view, and delicious breakfast, we enjoyed every minute of our stay. We look forward to returning to the resort sooner rather than later!

• Stayed July 2012
Burlington Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I visited May 22, 2012 with my three girlfriends. We had the time of our lives. The hospitality was wonderful, the massage was incredible, food and wine was amazing, the views were breath taking. I live on the other side of the U.S. and I hope I get to visit again. I cannot thank the wonderful people at the Purple Orchid enough for such a wonderful time!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Danville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went here for 2 spa treatments, lunch and relaxing in their outdoor spa. It was wonderful!

• Stayed May 2012
san jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I recently took my daughter to the Purple Orchid Inn for a mother/daughter day at the spa for her birthday. It was a little slice of heavan where you'd least expect it. We both got facials and massages (kudos to Beth!) and full access to the pool area all day. Even though it started to rain on us, we didn't mind because the staff were so friendly and helpful we had no complaints. The lunch they serve is a nice little added touch! We will be back for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

This is the best place to stay in Livermore Valley. It is under new management and now it is even better than before. Still a fabulous retreat with fantastic pool and such a peaceful garden around it, but all is upped a notch. The rooms are redone and service is really great (wine & cheese event goes on forever, served my wife some lunch when she asked while there is no lunch service, etc.). So relaxing!

• Stayed April 2012

Been to The Purple Orchid Wine Country & Spa? Share your experiences!