“Nice and Decent for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Livermore
Valencia, California
“Nice and Decent for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed only one night. It's located right off the freeway. The outlets are not too far away. We checked in early without any problems. Wasn't sure what to expect considering how inexpensive the rooms are. The hotel was overall very nice. The rooms were decent and clean. The bed was a bit firmer from what I am use to. The rooms came with an microwave and refrigerator which were both very clean. my only complaint would be the heater was so loud. So every time it came on I would wake up. Other than that it was a very pleasant stay and i wouldn't mind staying there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
orinda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here because it was close to a reunion I was attending. It was very clean and I have no complaints. I got a good deal on the room because I paid in advance. This is a great place to stay if you're traveling with your family on a road trip. But, there isn't a whole lot to do nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Fair accommodations. The desk area was good for work but right by the door. Since my room was right next to the side entrance to the facility, it was quite noisy. The twist switches on the light fixtures are nuisance. Courtyard has flip switches with are much easier to operate during the middle of the night. Also, why is the alarm clock and phone on opposite sides of the bed? If you ask for a wake up call and set the clock as a back up you have to get to both sides of the bed.
If you dare to use the in room coffee maker, wash it with soap and water first. Mine was dirty and had to be swapped out. The restaurant was average.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 164- it is right by the exit door. You won't get a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here based on a) knowledge of the Garden Inn brand and b) proximity to travel route I was using.

On both counts, it delivered. A fairly typical Garden Inn with the usual facilities.

I wanted a location where I could run south to LA the next day without being held in morning traffic on the routes heading away from the San Fransisco/Oakland/San Jose area.. It worked on that score and it's location is only minute or so from the freeway.

I stayed on a Sunday night and found it to be almost empty, which was a little disconcerting.

Not quiet, though.. The noisy aircon and the party of folks hanging outside the entrance of the hotel next door scuppered that idyl..!!

Despite the hotel being almost empty, I was still roomed in a room far away from the single elevator.

The restaurant was closed on the Sunday evening I was there, so I had to find food nearby. There are some options on the freeway exit, so not too much of an inconvenience.

Breakfast was nice.

The few staff I encountered were, on the whole, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage, get a room on first floor as only 1 elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We arrived at the hotel very late in the evening, the front desk person was chatty and professional. Breakfast the next morning was lackluster, but certainly of decent quality. The room was clean, but not remarkably so.
The building was a two-story (never seen that before) HGI standard-issue edifice.
Every time we entered, we were properly greeted, and always with a smile.
I can't say that there was anything wrong with the hotel at all - but compared to say, the HGI near the Los Angeles Airport, or the HGI in Midtown Manhattan - there was just some sparkle that still needs to be found. In the big scheme of things it was a B-

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I want to start my saying that the hotel did try their best to make the experience a little better, but not till the day 3 of 5.

1st we come to the hotel and our thermostat isn't working, so about an hour later after letting them know and 3 calls to the front desk to see what they were going to do, they sent us to a room to wait till they fixed it since we were staying in a 1 bedroom suite and there were no others available. They fixed it and we received breakfast vouchers for the inconvenvience, which was very much appreciated.

Then that night we realized that the air condition unit was going out, and it was rattling extremely loud. We let the front desk know that next morning, we called every day about 2 times, spoke to the front dest a handful of times, and didn't get someone to look at our room until day 3. In which on day 4, they said they could move us. We traveled with 2 babies and had everything put away so that made no sense to me to move for one night.

Cons:
-They have 1 elevator, which is by the front desk, so if you have small children I recommend asking for a room on the 1st floor near an exit.
-Our room had an extremely dirty floor, which caused my kids feet and knees to be black everyday.
-I had to put a sheet over the couch due to a funny smell
-The toilet ran, the sink dripped, the bathroom light flickered...and the whole mess with the air conditioner (which is the only thing we complained about due to having such a difficult time getting that situated, we didn't want to seem like complainers)

Pro:
-Costco is right behind the hotel :)
-It is an easy access to 580 highway
-The restaurant is good, although the breakfast is expensive, but we had vouchers.
-They have cookies every night
-They do offer the 1 bedroom suite, which we needed for the kids. Couldn't find another hotel in the area that offered that.

Overall, we would never stay there again. For what we spent to stay there, it didn't live up to Hilton's standards.

Room Tip: Ask for by an exit on the 1st floor, or by the elevator on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here just one night during my short trip to the area. Check in was one of the fastest ever, and got a room 90 minutes before check in time, which is nice and not taken for granted. Got a room on lower floor, but thats ok, room was not too big, but sufficient for one person; it was clean and neat... bed comfortable, TV selection could be better, internet free and fast. Standard HGI breakfast. Location is very near interstate, but a bit far from shops, so you really need a car.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Livermore? Share your experiences!