“Stevenswood Resort Now CLOSED” 1 of 5 stars

Stevenswood Resort And Spa
Mendocino Coast, 8211 North Highway One, Little River, CA 95456   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Little River B&B and Inns
Martinez, California, Usa
“Stevenswood Resort Now CLOSED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was in the area (Little River) in late May and went by to check out Stevenswood Resort, as I had heard about the resort for some time, but never had the opportunity to stay there. I found the resort closed, there was no one there, but no signs or anything to indicate why it was closed or what was going on. I enquired at it at some neighboring businesses (restaurants & hotels), but no knew (or would tell me) what was going on. The phone number to the resort has since been disconnected. Unfortunately, anyone who purchased a GROUPON certificate is out of luck, unless GROUPON will refund your money!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I booked a room on line Memorial Day weekend. We were quoted a special price by email. When we left the morning of our departure, we were told that the detailed statement would be emailed to us. We never received the statement and were charged the full price. After attempting to call multiple times, and send messages by email, we have never received a response as of July 3, 2014

Room Tip: Don't go and do not book online
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Los Gatos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

They stole $442.00 from me! Made a reservation, told them I was unsure about finding a sitter (go ahead and listen to the recorded call). I called the next day to cancel, had to leave several messages before getting a call back days later. By then my card had been charged, they were very rude and the original man who "sold me the room" was like a used car sales man. I could understand if it was hours or days before the reservation but it was weeks. I have never been ripped off or treated so badly, ever. From the pictures I have seen, which if I had seen before making the reservation, I would never have made them to begin with, lesson learned for sure!
Very very sad as at the very least they should have offered half of a refund, as the charge was for both nights! Unbelievable!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dixon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I also booked this through groupon. We stayed in the stickney room. The bed was saggy both of our backs were killing us by the end of day two stay. The spa staff were great very professional. Do not forget anything! I left my I phone and camera charger there. The front desk does not have a phone. The reservation number you leave a message and hope to get a call. I also emailed them still no answer. I got Connie from the spa area she was kind enough to look in to the matter and said they found them and would mail them. That was on 16 April 2014 . Today is 28 April and I have not received anything in the mail I hope soon. Re called in 25 apr could not get answer as to if the chargers have even been mailed. The bathroom had stains all over the wall. The room another than was nice, dated but nice. The beds should be replaced. Inwould not recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

After a very stressful few months of real estate dealings I needed to get away and basically not think about anything for a couple of days. My husband and I had purchased a Groupon for this place so we were off to one of our favorite areas in the world. The fiasco of booking a room through the Groupon deal was a major (and I mean MAJOR) headache but once we had that done the rest of the stay was wonderful. The rooms are comfy, big, beautiful and did I mention quiet? The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. It was February midweek so there were very few people on the property at all which suited me just fine. I will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Whoever owns this inn is a right good scam artist.

The website neglects to show you their moldy, motel type, bathrooms and moldy closets.

Even one of the more expensive rooms only has a distant view of the ocean, and is dark and dusty.

As far as service went there was none. There was neither any room service or housekeeping service.

Their breakfast buffet consisted of frozen egg patties, frozen 5 minute sausages, and frozen waffles.

All of this for the price of $300-500 / night.

I have no idea how a AAA 4 Diamond rating was given to this place. Either the AAA rater was paid off, or they were blind.

The owners should be ashamed of themselves.

Your hard earned money is better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014
Walnut Creek, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

You won't get an ocean view, but if you rise early, you may get a chance to see the llamas next door. This secluded spot offers lovely garden views and a short walk to the ocean. The rooms are quite large and offer real fireplaces. They're comfortable and quiet - just what you want in this area. While we were there, the dining room was closed, but I hear it is quite good. This meant that the included breakfast was pretty basic - come back when they reopen the dining room, as the breakfast then was great. They now offer a nice variety of coffees, teas and such all day long, as well as having a small, lovely bar in the lobby. The people here are great - once you come, you'll want to return. We never did this, but they have two hot tubs - one is private and you can skinny-dip if you like.

Room Tip: The rooms are all quiet and private. I'd pick by price. And whether you care about being upsta...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Stevenswood Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!