My husband & I have had several enjoyable stays at Stevenswood. When we found a Travelzoo voucher including a dining credit, we purchased it without reading recent reviews on any of the travel sites. Our mistake! Trying to redeem the voucher was a nightmare!! When we called to make the reservation, the person we spoke with was rude, arrogant & condescending. Because we had a discount voucher, we were treated like second-class citizens, and made to feel unwelcome. Only full-paying guests can speak with a "live person" and I was directed to their voucher website. (our friends in a similar situation were told they could speak with a person, but it would cost $100). Once at the website, there were several major problems. Our voucher said "king or queen suite", but there was an additional $99 charge for a king, almost all the rooms were king, & I couldn't talk to a person about it! Even though there were still 4 months left on our voucher, there was very limited availability, and again, no one at the hotel would assist me. There were 2 pages of "rules" requiring binding agreement to accept any extra credit card charges. The entire reservation experience was frustrating & humiliating. We finally found a night, booked a room, & decided to go with a good attitude. Once we were there, things improved. Nelson (who was not the person we spoke with on the phone), was a lovely host & even allowed us to check-in early. Dinner was good, not great, & the free wine tasting was only their own mediocre label. We were determined to enjoy ourselves, and we did, but we're never going back.
- Also Known As:
- Stevenswood Resort And Hotel Little River
- Stevenswood Resort And Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casual & refined elegance along the Mendocino Coast. The premier spa resort destination in the region with luxury full service spa, 4 diamond restaurant and all suite 5 star lodging. Situated on expansive manicured grounds, surrounded by ocean meadows, 2400 acre parklands and canyons in a forest by the sea. Just two minutes South of the popular Mendocino Village, yet tranquil, quiet and relaxing. Full service welcome desk, on staff concierge, turn-down service, complimentary 5 star breakfast, wood-burning fireplaces, espresso machines in suites and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Stevenswood Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.