“Expected Better” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Kennewick, Washington
“Expected Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

First off if you have not been here - it only seats about 20 people MAX, so if you opt to try it be sure to get reservations. The greeting by Liz Jacobs was most pleasant - and we were seated immediately. With 6 of us some had great views of the ocean others had there backs to it. Just the way it was. With 6 of us we ordered 2 bottles of wine - the list is minimal at best - for prices that were on teh high side for the selections offered. We had some appetizers and thus had to wait over an additional 30 minutes for our main course. Liz never gave us any indication about the protected wait, even when serving those who came in after us but opted to not have an appetizer. We understood things were made to order, but knowledgement by management would have given us a "heads up." While some thought their meal was wonderful, I thought mine was way overcooked. I specifically asked for "undercooked" fish, but was assured by Liz that all is prepared medium-rare. Mine was closer to medium-well. After waiting so long to eat I opted to just deal with it. But trust me, I'll not be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

colorado
“Small but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My Husband and I were recommended this restaurant by our B&B. It is a small, quaint restaurant, in an unsuspecting location.
I was glad we had a reservation, because they only seat around 20 people . The view of the ocean was nice---
though I could also see the trash cans just outside my window so that took a little away from the view.
The appetizers were yummy ( Oysters) and the clam chowder definitely had a British flare (I think it had corned beef in it...?)
The entrees were also good, though a little over-priced. I was disappointed - in that I wanted to share an entree with my husband as I was not too hingry, but the menu stated this was not an option after 5:00. Too bad
The owner and his wife were very friendly, as was our server.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious fresh fish, wonderful friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Don't let the little building fool you-this restaraunt is wonderful! We live by the ocean so we know fresh fish . Our meal was exceptional (and so were the owners)!

Visited August 2012
“British sweet owners, view and fresh food "make@ this little restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We went here fur a romantic dinner on Friday. It was recommended to us by our B&B. The restaurant is small and part of a small post office, overlooking the ocean. Definitely arrive before sunset for the views. The prices are a bit high, so my husband and I shared a peach, goat cheese salad and halibut in saffron sauce. Both were excellent. We also indulged in the bread pudding. The husband and wife British owners are very funny and check on you regularly. The halibut was cooked well. It is a treasure.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Purdys, NY. USA
“Needs service upgrade”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Relatively new, the owners were really nice but the waiter needed rigorous re-training. Shouldn't have to ask for basics (olive oil, salt&pepper) twice. The mediocre service degraded a nice meal. The amuse bouche was soggy. We had halibut and black cod. The halibut was far better. The salad was beautiful and delicious. Small but well priced wine selection

• Visited August 2012