“Large Casino, lots of fun!” 4 of 5 stars

916-408-7777
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Lincoln
Carmel Valley, California, United States
“Large Casino, lots of fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Even though I did not win any money, I can honestly say that I did enjoy my brief visit. There are thousands of machines to choose from, ranging from penny slots, $5 machines and tables everywhere. There is definitely something to make everyone happy. There are a few restaurants/bars and also a food court to visit while you are there. I could have done without the cigarette smoke, but that goes with visiting any casino. Overall, great time and I will definitely visit again!

Visited February 2013

Auburn, California
3 attraction reviews
“Moving in!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The pool is beautiful and so are the rooms. Not much to do for people who do not like to gamble though. Needs a nightclub!

Visited August 2012
Rocklin, California
27 attraction reviews
“Buffet is a very good value with bogo coupon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Recently Thunder Valley has been offering bogo coupons for the buffet and the chance to win credit when gambling.

The buffet has been undergoing a remodel since last Fall and is coming along nicely. The food quality remains the same overall though there a changes here and there. The salad bar is better due to fresher offerings because of reduced amounts being available. The main carving area is essentially unchanged, though they say they'll be offering Brazillian food soon. The desserts are mostly the same, though they've swapped out hand scooped ice cream for soft server iced milk. It's the single biggest change I can think of. The new iced milk is terrible compared to real ice cream. It's even worse than soft serve at other buffet places, like HomeTown or Golden Corral.
The servers are nice, especially the one named Carrie.

Saturday brunch is the best deal.

Visited January 2013
Lincoln, California
“Thunder Valley Casino Resort Lincoln Ca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I must say I was really impressed. I've never stayed in a comped room before in my life. Thunder Valley sent me an email telling me that I have a free one night stay at their hotel just for being a valued customer

Visited February 2013
Grass Valley
3 attraction reviews
“This is a very nice casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Thunder Valley Casino is a very nice casino that is alive with action! I was amazed at how many people go there. I've had many meals there and the food is great!

Visited March 2012