“MiMi's? Yes, Please!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Renton, Washington
“MiMi's? Yes, Please!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently stayed in Lincoln, CA and saw MiMi's from our hotel window. We thought it was a small cafe but it's much larger than that inside. If you have ever been to an Olive Garden it's a similar setting and costs about the same but with larger portions. This was our first time eating at this franchise so it was an interesting experience. After we ordered, we received our drinks, bread sticks with some tasty bread slices. Our orders came within 30 minutes of placing them and we were ready to eat! The food was presented well and tasted great! If I were in other MiMi's franchise states, I would definitely go again.

I gave this hotel 4 stars out of 5 because the first booth they placed us in had a colony of ants along the ledge and going up the wall. They looked like sugar ants which might be common in that area but definitely not something you want to see whilst eating. The ants did not find their way on to our table but the sheer factor of them being near our food was enough for me. I hope the manager finds the time to redirect the ants out of their restaurant.

• Visited June 2013

Lincoln, California
“We'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

First time was very pleasing. Expected average quality mom & pop food, but got much better. Friendly and professional service. Fresh ingredients, well prepared. Attractive restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Roseville, California
“Mimi's ? No No!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Not sure if our bad experience was due to it being Mothers day or if this is just a bad location. You would hope on this special day the restaurant would try to provide the best possible service and food. This was not the case.
They had a special menu for Mothers day and would not allow us to order from the regular menu. It was 8 am and there were fewer than 30 people seated. So why couldn’t they accommodate an order from the regular menu?
We went ahead and ordered eggs benedicts and the mardi gras omelet from the limited menu. My partner doesn’t like ham so she asked if they could substitute avocado for the ham. She was told no since avocados are more expensive. Hmmm, six to eight slices of avocado should cost less than 20 cents. I’m pretty sure 2 slices of ham are more expensive. I had the 3 egg mardi gras omelet that was, 1. not made with 3 eggs, and 2. more of a scramble than an omelet. I’ve had this at other location and it has always been large and full of filling. In addition our meals did not arrive hot, both were warm at best and the muffin that came with my meal tasted stale.
We will not return to this location. The food was not good and the service was not much better.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Auberry, California
“Great service great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

After a long day on the road with traveling and business meetings I was looking for a good meal. The only restaurant near my hotel was Mimi's Café. I have only had average luck at this chain but this was a completely different experience. I was greeted very warmly and immediately seated. As a business traveler eating solo I often get placed in the far corners or right by the kitchen but I was given a very nice booth. I had a wonderful server and I had a great meal. This has upgraded my opinion of Mimi's Café.

• Visited April 2013
Sacramento, California
“Nice decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Upon arriving at Mimis my boyfriend and I were pleasantly greeted and seated in a nice large area. Our waitress had an odd demeanor to her, as if she was sizing me up, not sure why. When she asked about drinks we both ordered water and orange juice. It took about 5 min for the drinks to arrive and she just put them on the table and walked away with out asking if we were ready to order. Once she came back my boyfriend and I both ordered the eggs benedict. The food arrived in a timey manner, but it was lacking in flavor. The hollandaise sauce seemed a little greasy but I was please with the amount of ham provided. I would still go back, they have a nice selection of mimosa flavors that I need to try.

• Visited March 2013