“Definition of Mediocre” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lemon Grove
Palmdale, California
“Definition of Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Welcome to a small, not dirty, not immaculate room. If your plan is to spend anymore time than sleeping and showering in the room this is probably not the place for you. If you're not picky and want a decent place to sleep that has a shower, a working TV, a cool-ish refrigerator for a few cans, and a coffee maker it will do just fine. For me it was about connivance, within 2-miles from where I was visiting, and price, $50+ less than the next available (not booked) hotel. Certainly not a "destination" but a fair overnight stop on your way to one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
M P, Manager at Econo Lodge Lemon Grove, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you fro the feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Yuma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Location is great I always pick to stay at this motel due to it's location and great rooms. Every time I come out to San Diego I always choose to stay there and would highly recommend it to anyone in the local area to try sometime

• Stayed June 2014
M P, Manager at Econo Lodge Lemon Grove, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate your business! Please come again.
Howard, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The room was small, but very clean and well decorated. The bed was great. It was a very nice room for us. Very easy to get to from the highway. Very nice people that own it. We would stay there again if needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
M P, Manager at Econo Lodge Lemon Grove, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback, we really appreciate your patronage. Please come back and stay again!
El Paso
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during my first visit to San Diego and I must say I am disappointed, San Diego. I understand that this is a value motel but that is no excuse for what I witnessed here. First and the most cardinal sin of a hotel is that there was still trash in my room when I checked in. There was a hair pin on my bedside table and half a pen beside the bed. This alone would be bad enough but the horror did not end there. I decided to take a peek behind the bedside table and there appeared to be weeks if not months of debris collected. There were light rail tickets, crumbs, and granola bar wrappers just to name a few items of garbage I discovered. There was a bug that crawled out from my bed that was at best a baby cockroach and at worst a bed bug. The shower tile and grout were all quite moldy and one of my towels had a curly black hair ingrained into it and I really don't want to imagine what the bodily region of its origin is. On top of all this the mananger was quite rude at check in. This motel has a potentially very cool little set up and with proper staff training could be a nice value motel. This place would be the perfect candidate for Hotel Impossible. Plus sides are fridge in room and decent channel selection.

• Stayed November 2013
M P, Manager at Econo Lodge Lemon Grove, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We are very sorry for your unpleasant stay, we have renovated and we are making changes to this hotel. Thank you for the information..
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

the manager of the hotel is rude, he was very uptight and made my stay very uncomfortable. coming from out of town I had a couple of family members come see me he made them feel very uncomfortable too, he banged on my door and made all of my company leaves I had my sister and my brother in law there I was so embarrassed I didn't know what to say. he also would not change my room I told him the air condition did not work I had to sleep in a hot stuff the room all night then the next day you finally switched my room and made me pay the deposit again. one day he also banged on my door asking me if there is a white boy in my room who had owed him money. I'm a single woman and he search my room I felt very unsafe.

• Stayed September 2013
M P, Manager at Econo Lodge Lemon Grove, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We apologize for your unpleasant stay. We are taking your info into consideration.
Woodbine, Maryland, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here two nights. It's an easy 10 to 15 minute drive into SD. The room was small but comfortable. It had a large refrigerator & microwave. The overall cleanliness appeared to be good. The neighborhood looks a little sketchy. There is a grocery store next to the motel and it had a bum hanging out in front of it. I wouldn't let this sway you from staying here but it's good to be aware of things like that, as far as what you leave in your car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
M P, Manager at Econo Lodge Lemon Grove, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us, the neighborhood is safe but yes we are a small suburd of San Diego and the weather is great all year around and sometimes we have the occasional person on the street, however we do not allow them into our facility. and there is only one way in and one way out of our hotel. This is a great place for the budget concious traveler as well as the corporate travel. Thanks again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked through a travel site and only paid $53, so I got a smokers room. The front desk guy felt really bad about it. He said if I would have booked with him directly he would have given me my money back. Great location. Friendly staff. The room was pretty clean. There was a microwave and fridge. I'd stay there again in a non smoking room.

• Stayed July 2013
M P, Manager at Econo Lodge Lemon Grove, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Yes we are a limited service budget hotel and we have tried our best to make our rooms clean and comfortable. Unfortunately when a third party is involved in the reservations we can not refund money and sometimes third parties over book and the fact that you were open to understanding is awesome. Please come back and stay with us we really appreciate your patronage!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lemon Grove
Rodeway Inn near Qualcomm Stadium
Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area
BEST WESTERN Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU
Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa

Been to Econo Lodge Lemon Grove? Share your experiences!