“Just-OK Business Hotel with some cleaning and noise issues” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lebec
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Irvine, California
“Just-OK Business Hotel with some cleaning and noise issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This Holiday Inn is pretty new and nice looking. Conveniently off the freeway. Great Mexican restaurant steps away, and plenty of other decent food options not far, either. Has pretty much all you would expect from this newish class of affordable, good hotels from the big chains (Hampton, Hilton Garden Inn). There are some drawbacks here. It's right off the I-5 and unless you like a lot of white noise, you will need earplugs with all the traffic and trucks going by at all hours (see photo). It's loud. My hotel room could have used more detailed bathroom attention, too. A long, dark hair (certainly not mine) waiting for me in the upper corner of the tub. That was pretty obvious for cleaning staff. Also, some booger-looking thing on the shower curtain. Better inspection of the tub and curtain is a must. Spend more time on this instead of folding the toilet paper corners. Also, the business center has one printer with one cable shared (you have to plug it in to one or the other) between two computers. Either get the cabling figured out or spend the $150 for another printer. It's not that hard. And stock some printer paper in the business center, along with a stapler and other basic stationery needs. It's not that hard. All this said, I'd stay there again and just demand another room if the bathroom was gross. The staff is nice. The location is great if you want a break before heading into SoCal (50-100 miles further depending where you are going) or if you are staying in the area to ride dirt bikes or ATVs or drive side-by-sides at the wonderful Hungry Valley SVRA that is minutes away. The Frazier Park area offers terrific scenery, too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MichaelB32616, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Good Morning,

I am so sorry to hear that our rooms were not up to our normal standards, I have already discussed this with the housekeeping manager, and she has assured me that she will take this to her staff. I would also like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review for us because so many don’t we never know where we need to improve. I also want to let you know that I will be getting the supplies into the business center, that you suggested. Also thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.

Michael Branum
Manager
Holiday Inn Express Lebec

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Arrived at around 10 PM. Parking is complimentary and there is plenty of parking spaces (not sure about the occupancy rate – it was a Thursday night) and sufficient outdoor lighting.

The lobby and guest floors are bright and welcoming. Check-in was a breeze and the friendly agent offered us bottled waters for being IHG Priority Club members. I only saw and used one elevator to get to the 2nd floor.

I booked the standard double-bedded room. It includes complimentary breakfast and internet access (great!). The room and bathroom were both clean. The room is pretty spacious. I thought parts of the room were dim – but there’s plenty of table/floor lamps. Only watched CNN on the flat screen TV and the reception is fine. There’s a desk, refrigerator (no mini-bar), and plenty of closet space for a one to two night stay.

Aside from checking out the complimentary breakfast in the morning, I am not sure what other amenities the hotel offers. (the hotel’s website says there is a pool and a limited fitness center). Breakfast is on the first floor (not sure the times it is available) but I went at around 7:30 AM. Standard breakfast fare such as bagels, muffins, juices, coffee, yogurt and a few hot items such as cinnamon rolls, eggs, and sausages are available. Oh, and a pancake maker. Press a button and 45-seconds later (I think) out comes a pancake. Everything is replenished in a timely manner.

Didn’t really interact with the staff but the check-in/check-out staff were friendly.

I have never been to the Ramada in Lebec, but judging by the photos on their website, I would 110% choose this place over the Ramada. I think prices were comparable when I was checking rates several days before my stay.

Overall, this is a good one-night stay option in Lebec. It’s a good place to rest if you’ve been driving for a few hours and want to sleep. Located next to several gas stations and several food outlets (not much else). If you’re heading south on I-5, it’s past the Ramada –about 10-15 minutes into the Grapevine.

Note: I am rating it “very good” based on the value on what I paid for the room and the amenities that came with it – free internet and breakfast (and that it was clean). This is in no way an upscale hotel, it’s pretty basic, but is a very good value .

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Millbrae, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Coming from the San Francisco Bay Area, we looked for a hotel along the way to Disneyland. We left on a Friday night and knew we wanted a stopping point that was close to Anaheim but not quite in the Los Angeles area. The location of this Holiday Inn is great since it is right on top of the Grapevine and conveniently just off the freeway. I searched online for hotels north of the Grapevine but nothing seemed very nice based on the reviews.

When we saw it on the side of the freeway as we exited, it looked very promising. When I checked in around midnight, the lady at the front desk was very friendly and told me about the free breakfast in the morning. The room was very spacious and really clean. The hotel looked to be pretty new, I'm guessing just opened a few years ago. I'm going to keep this place in mind next time we want a stopping point before going to southern Cal. From the Bay Area it was about 4.5 hours. We woke up, had our free hot breakfast before packing up and making the short 1.5 hour trip to Anaheim.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fairly new and everything I saw was in top notch shape. There is not much to the town about three miles away but there is a grocery store, pizza joint and a couple of bars. The room was very nice, clean and quiet. You have to love hotel rooms that have lots of plug-ins for our electronic items. All of the lamps in this room had extra outlets for your chargers right on the lamps! I would stay here again for a quick stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great stopping point on my way home from Northern California to San Diego... By the time I get to the Grapevine I am exhausted and am dreading the drive through Los Angeles... This Holiday Inn Express is clean... Comfortable... Roomy... Friendly and has a great continental breakfast which includes great biscuits and gravy... Just before I get on the road to tackle the City of Angels I am well rested with a full belly!!

• Stayed July 2012
Fortuna, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed in the King Master suite with a view. This room was so wonderful. Windows everywhere. Do not expect much of a view of the lake. Everything was clean and smelled great. The bed was comfortable. Lots and lots of seating areas. Check in was great. The front desk was very nice. I booked online then called them to double check on the room I was getting. They even helped us find a good dinner just 5 minutes away. There is not much here to see or do, but we needed a stopping place on the way to Disneyland and this was perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

It's a Holiday Inn Express, so nothing out of the ordinary, but it was very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. We just did an overnight pit stop to get ahead of holiday traffic, and this was the perfect distance & location. Our room had a good size fridge and microwave, and beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was typical but perfect for the family. Next time we come through, we might even take a half day and drive up into the mountains.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park? Share your experiences!