“Food Poisoning From Bacon Cheesburger” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 18 restaurants in Lebec
Cuisines: American
SF Bay Area
“Food Poisoning From Bacon Cheesburger”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

On our way home from the LA area this past Thursday 1/8/09; when we hit the end of the grapevine the fog was too thick to continue on our way home. Se we stopped and got a room in Lebec. We had 3 choices of food establishments to eat at and chose this Denny's. It was about 8:30pm and after we were seated in a room by ourselves they started putting chairs up on tables in the room we were in(?- I was thinking it was 24hour place and wondered if they were closing)

The toddler in our group got the kids pizza. Myself and another ordered 2 different types of chicken sandwiches and my adult son ordered the bacon cheeseburger. He did notice the lettuce on the burger was spotty and took it off. He ate the entire burger.

When we left I realized that they were having the carpets cleaned as a truck was parked next to our car and the tubes from the truck were going into the establishment and we had to step over them.

Within in hour of eating the cheeseburger my son was vomiting and then was hit with severe diarrhea. He was sick all night long and all the way home to the bay area on Friday. Saturday he called in sick to work as symptoms continued. None of the others in the party got sick.

He had no symptoms of being sick prior to eating here. We can only conclude it was from the burger he ate at this Dennys.

45% Recommend
merced
“Food inedible; waitress indifferent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

First time I have ever posted a bad restaurant review but this was beyond awful. We were the only customers; service was poor and we ordered a club sandwich and an omlet.

Both looked wonderful; wrong.....the omlet was good for the first 2-3 bites until I got something gritty - thinking it was a piece of eggshell I continued taking another bite which was full of grit. Possibly sand/dirt from the mushrooms? Completely inedible.

The club sandwich was made with mayonaise which had turned. We ended up eating a few bites of the home fries and leaving. The waitress was completely indifferent to our food problems and not friendly.

Unfortunately before this I always considered Dennys an adequate backup when I needed good, reasonable food. Now I would hesitate to eat at any again.