“I really expected a better facility. Rooms are dated/worn...” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Airport South Bay LAX
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15636 Hawthorne Blvd, Lawndale, Lawndale, CA 90260   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Lawndale
San Francisco
“I really expected a better facility. Rooms are dated/worn...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I really expected a better facility. Rooms are dated/worn out, squicky floors, hole on shower wall, uncomfortable bed. parking lot and driveway is dirty/car oil spills. Facility needs a complete renovation job.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Priya S, General Manager at Days Inn Airport South Bay LAX, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam we are truly sad to hear that we did not exceed your expectaions!! We are constantly trying to better ourselves and have scheduled multiple updates for the future. We do hope that we will not fall short for expectations the next time you stay with us!!

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was a decent hotel. I just wished they would have had better breakfast selections and thicker walls so I wouldn't have to hear the neighbors every time they turned on the shower or had a conversation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We at Days inn southbay are truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking into offering healthier and fresher breakfast options to serve to our guest. Currently we serve tea, coffee, juices, two types of breads, donuts, variety of oatmeals, two types of fruits and two types of bagels to our guests. We appreciate and thank you for your comments and hope to see you soon.
Port Orange, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you enter the office, you relax knowing you're in good hands with these two. Any issue you have from coffee to extending your time or changing your room for whatever reason; Lisette is your woman. But when it comes to the jacuzzi which needs to be hotter - Heidi is the Queen of Heat in that deparment - she's the only one there who could set it correctly behind the lock and key). Should you have a problem with your computer or even your cell phone, she's also a specialist. Even with directions. They go above and beyond the duty. They treat you as if you're at the Hilton-- without the snobishness. But more importantly--they treat you like you're at home.

The maids are very kind and courteous as well. They clean even without your asking while you are out.

They all deserve a raise! Happy Holidays and see you soon, "Cookie Lady"!! (Lisette). Sincerely, Karen Koontz

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for all your kind comments. We are truly glad hat you enjoyed your stay with us!! You are right both Heidi and Lisette are great employees and we are proud and privileged to have them on our team. Heidi has been known to help many a guest with her tech savvy and Lisette is fondly called smiling lady by our guests!! Thank you once again for all kind comments and we hope to see you again very soon.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive hotel close to the airport for a brief trip to LA. The Days Inn exceeded my expectations: free breakfast, free parking, spacious (and clean!) room, large television, kind front-desk staff, and free wi-fi(!). It was exactly what I needed and more.

I only had two issues. First, the bathtub is extremely slippery (though they do provide an anti-slip pad for this)--when I checked in, a woman was registering a complaint about having injured herself when slipping in the tub. I thought that she was probably exaggerating, but I very nearly slipped myself when I used the tub; in short--use the anti-slip pad in tub. Second, the room needs more readily accessible outlets. Most of the outlets were impossible to get to/would require a lot of shifting of furniture. The one outlet that was easily accessible (near the door and A/C unit) did not work. This made charging gadgets a challenge. I would highly recommend bringing a travel power strip to maximize charging ability.

On a super-picky note, breakfast is only from 6:00AM-9:00AM, so I didn't get to experience it for myself; it would be great if it could go later (but, again, this a very minor quibble). All in all, a great experience, and I would definitely go again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for all your kind comments!! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!! You are right sometimes the location of power points can be hard/ impossible to access, We are already taking that into account when we with be updating but thanks to your suggestion we are providing extension cords to our guest for their convenience. Once again, many thanks for kind comments and we hope to serve you again in the future!!
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I came online tonight to write a review of the Days Inn just simply because of the excellent service. I was floored to read the inane review below mine. It makes no sense.
Bobby was exceptional, and so was Gretchen. Expedia.com had messed up, and on their site it says there is a pool and a business center. I took that up with Expedia, and Bobby sympathized. He said he had told them about these mistakes, but there was no fixing it. He was so helpful to me the day I left, printing out my itinerary and tickets for a show. I told him I would love to come back. The night I arrived, Gretchen came up to help with the A/C (there was a little trick to it) and she couldn't have been sweeter. She insisted I call back if there were further problems.
As for this 3 p.m checkin situation, Bobby had let me in early and no one there gave me a hard time. I arrived just right before 3. Later the staff said that Expedia also falsely claimed there was a 1 p.m. checkin but yes, there was a small fee if one could be accommodated.
I really love Bobby and he should NOT be reprimanded for some disgruntled person (who, by the way, wrote a pretty illogical review).
Fine place. I am sorry Expedia messed up because I needed to use a computer, but that's not Days Inn's fault. This is comfortable, clean, professional and warm. My sense is that the naysayers really can't recognize quality when they find it.
Oh yes, I write hotel reviews for Examiner.com, but no one paid me to do this.

Room Tip: There isn't a swimming pool. I would have used the washer and dryer if I had had time. You shoul...