“Glad stayed here!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
Santa Barbara, California
“Glad stayed here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed here few weeks ago on a southern California trip. The family traveled with me need to fly out from LAX so we picked this hotel. The price we paid is fair. The room is big and amenities were enough: free shuttle (if you need ride to/from LAX), free Wi Fi, free buffet breakfast. It's close to Big shopping mall, Del Amo Fashion Center. Not to far from Hollywood Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland.We had a fun vacation and we loved where we stayed!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Ok, to be fair, we checked in at 2am after our connecting flight was late from Orlando. The shuttle bus came to pick us up at the airport and we were relieved to find a room as most others were booked out near the airport. The room costed approx $135 inclusive of tax and I think for the price, I've paid less and seen nicer rooms else where. We chose best western as we get points as members and usually best western hotels are fairly decent but this one was more like a super 8 if not worse in some ways. The room had a little bit of a bad odour and being a kingroom at that price I was expecting something a little nicer. The tv was old looking and so was the bathroom. After having a quick look at some of the other reviews on here, maybe it was just because that's the only room they had left, not sure. I would rate this less than 3 stars based on room, presentation of the room however, the staff there were very lovely and friendly. I was abit upset with our little situation with missing our international flight and was so tired so when I spoke to the receptionist the next more, I got abit teary, she seemed geniunly sympathatic, not so much in what she said but just her general manners and while that doesn't seem like much, but after my ordeal with virgin america (in this case I'm really talking about the guy from virgin america I had to deal with when we missed out flight who couldn't careless and was extremely rude) it was just lovely to see someone else atleast listened and was sympathetic. Other staff were also friendly and helpful so that's why I couldn't rate it less than a 3 stars. Maybe they do have nicer rooms??? but if all the rooms were like the one we stayed in which was on the same floor as reception, I couldn't really recommend it especially for the price we've paid. Once again though, staff were great.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Wanted a place close but not too close to LAX. The price was reasonable, quiet, clean and staff very friendly and helpful. The lobby furniture was from Granny's attic but very comfortable and looked brand new in the pictures. On the way to to the rooms, I noticed scrapes and damage to walls and got a bit nervous about the rooms. Not a 3 diamond , AAA look. However, the rooms were quiet, well appointed, ours roomy and had 32 LCD TV.The King room was small and had an old TV. Not as nice as ours. The beds were comfortable. We all slept well. The pool clean and hot tub too. The hotel restaurant was great , as was the complimentary cont.' breakfast. Parking was also a plus. We all enjoyed ourselves.
I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: 3rd. floor, top floor rooms quiet and nice. Hak's Italian Restaurant great prices. too much food...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

The stay was great, was in LA for a week and of course wanted to find somewhere cheap. The price front desk gave me was really good. Rooms were nice and clean, free breakfast was a huge plus along with the free shuttle to LAX. The staff were also friendly and genuinely helpful, don't have anything negative to tell you. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a non-hassle and comfortable stay for a cheap price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I was stuck in LA unexpectedly for 24 hours after the usual awful service and customer communication from AA after missing a connecting flight and being stuck grounded for 8 hours. I spoke with Cynthia on the front desk at close to midnight. She sorted out my room and those for 2 other stuck passengers efficiently and quickly. Rooms were clean and spacious. I got what I thought was a fair price for our rooms and most importantly it was so pleasent to deal with a stress free, decent person after such a poor experience with the airline and airport officials. Top marks Cynthia!

Room Tip: Speak with Cynthia
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Central Coast, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Where do I start? Could it be the van driver driving 90 mph at 1am? Or could it be the gang initiation and verbal abuse happening next door at 230am? Or, could it be the different van driver taking us to the gas station at 7am prior to an 85 mph death race to the airport this morning.

I must agree that after turning white noise on the tv and passing out waiting for someone to burst into our room to kill us, the bed wasn't bad and the pillows were nice (there are the positives).

When I returned to the airport this morning, I went to the United service desk. When I told the rep where we were sent for the night, she said "nasty."

I'm not a snob, but would not put my family in a hotel like this, why should UA?

Stay away.

• Stayed May 2011
bwsouthbayca, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Bay Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PLUS South Bay for your recent stay in our area.

1) The company in charge of the van service, the airline and the hotel management were notified of the unsafe speed taken by the van drivers.

2) Management was notified of the gang initiation you reported and your feeling of being unsafe.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Bay. We do take our guest reviews seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I booked this room for my family who was coming in from out of town but ended up staying here myself. I stayed here with my mom and 1 1/2 yr old daughter. The hotel overall had a old hotel look that has had an upgrade. The beds where comfortable and the linens where not old. The room had a mini frig. but no microwave. My daughter ran around in her socks and her socks where clean. We didn't get a chance to use the fitness room or the pool. The breakfast the next morning was pretty standard. It included 2 waffle makers. I was a bit dissapointed that all they had for fruit was canned pineapple.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS South Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!