“Excellent value and comfort but front desk service needs improvement” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites, Los Angeles

You added Baymont Inn & Suites, Los Angeles to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites, Los Angeles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14814 Hawthorne Blvd, Lawndale, CA 90260 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at this location for 5 nights. We wanted a place that would put us between beaches and LA/Hollywood area. We were there to see our son perform in the Hollywood Christmas parade and needed a location easy to get to. The room was clean and comfortable. Service at the desk was friendly and quick. Free hot breakfast included every morning was sufficient and a time saver for us. Parking underneath the building was adequate and I liked the security of key card access only to the elevators. Our room was on the 4th floor near the back and was very quiet. Easy access to LAX and 405.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor are very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Noel A, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, Los Angeles, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing with us your good experience at the Baymont Inn & Suites LAX. Our location is indeed ideal since we are at the heart of the Southbay and close to most major destinations. We look forward to seeing you again soon. I'll definitely share all your inspiring comments with my staff.
Irvine, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After a week of chaos and ramped up stress levels, I decided to take a day off from work and unwind. My boyfriend and I decided to do a little getaway on a whim, and we booked this room the very day we planned to stay there. The price was great and it was close by Los Angeles where we planned to spend the rest of the next day. From the pictures, it looked like a decent place and it was close by the beaches..
Check in was at 3 and my boyfriend and I pulled in closer to 4, and after running some errands- we wanted to relax a little bit before heading out to the city again. My boyfriend and I checked in and opened the door to our first-floor smoking room. It was positioned on a weird, tucked away corner of the hotel and someone was really bumping their music. The room itself was as clean as it could present itself.. There were bars on the windows and we had an astonishing view of the parking lot. The windows looked like they hadn't been wiped down in decades, the curtains were dusty, the screen protecting the window had been ripped and tampered with and the closet looked like it never even belonged there..
After trying to ignore the music for about 30 minutes, we called up to the front desk and complained, asking if we could be switched rooms. The front desk attendant said they would take care of it, deeming a different room unnecessary. Another half hour later, we were so annoyed by the bumping music we just packed up our stuff and were ready to walk out, when we heard someone knocking on the next room's door. Hoping that it would've solved the problem, we waited another 10 minutes.. Still bumping. My boyfriend and I went to the front desk, informed the gentleman what happened, and he immediately switched us to another room.
This changed room was probably the saving grace of my entire getaway trip. It was QUIET, there was a table and chairs, the lay out of the room wasn't so awkward, and we had a beautiful, spacious balcony. Thanks to losers who had their music obnoxiously loud, we went from a motel stinker room in to a decent, clean, spacious room. I'm guessing we ended up in one of the more expensive rooms- but it's so much more worth it to spend the few extra dollars than to be caught in a bad, stinking room with bars on the windows.
I would never swim in the pool that they had, it's a tiny rinky-dink pool that's enclosed between buildings.. Literally on the other side of the wall of the front office and nestled next to the first building of rooms. Talk about awkward positioning?
In the morning, there is a free breakfast served: bagels, cereal, omelettes, bacon, toast, juice. I do know that they offer shuttle rides, but I'm not too knowledgeable in that aspect. They have room service, which is always a plus, and I remember their room service being reasonably priced. Not too sure how the quality of the room service was, but I probably wouldn't have risked it anyway..
The city in which this hotel is located... We went down the street to scope out the area and made a U-turn back in about 3 blocks. 4 different dollar stores within the span, you do not want to be walking down that street at night, and if you stay here- venture out a little bit further if you want to explore. Go towards the beach or just drive to LA.
Overall, the experience was manageable and affordable.. In the morning

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor, consider non-smoking rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites, Los Angeles

Address: 14814 Hawthorne Blvd, Lawndale, CA 90260 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)
Location: United States > California > Lawndale
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
Hotel Class:2 star — Baymont Inn & Suites, Los Angeles 2*
Experience our hometown hospitality, now in Los Angeles. At Baymont Inn & Suites® Los Angeles, listening to our guests and treating them like neighbors is what we do best. We call it genuine hometown hospitality and it comes complete with all the comforts of home, like: Free breakfast featuring hot items, Free high-speed Internet. Earn Wyndham Rewards® points for your stays. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites, Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Baymont Inn And Suites, Los Angeles
Baymont Inn & Suites, Los Angeles Hotel Lawndale
Baymont Inn Lawndale
Holiday Inn Lawndale

If you own or manage Baymont Inn & Suites, Los Angeles, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.