“Delicious Small Plates” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Picco Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Larkspur
Cross street: King
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious Small Plates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Picco with a group of 14 people in one of the party rooms. The host was ordering the meal for everyone. Everything that was ordered was delicious. The small plates made it possible to taste a variety of food and we enjoyed every dish, even the kale salad.
We have had dinner in the main dining room before but we felt it was too noisy and it was difficult to hear the conversation. The party room made all the difference and we were able to enjoy each others company while feasting on the delicious food.

• Visited September 2013

Marin County CA
“One of my Marin Fav Restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great place for a celebratory dinner, you can share many great small plates. I have had such great food here. Stand outs are the roasted Brussels sprouts, Ahi tuna Tartar, green beans, it's all really good. I didn't love the Risotto, but I am not a huge fan anyway. The ambiance is warm and lovely and the service is very good. They also have a nice wine list. Picco is one of my top 5 Marin Restaurants, try it you won't be sorry.

Visited November 2012
Bentonville, Arkansas
“It's in my top 10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Background - my wife and I enjoy great food and great service.

Food - it is hard to do it justice. I will say everything was good. The complexity of the food could be appreciated from both a technical or simply enjoyment POV. Really good, quite unique and so tasty.

Service - we had Lorraine as a server. She took time to ensure we understood the menu options and provide insight on what would work well together when we asked. She took a great meal and turned it into a great experience.

One note, it is one of those places where the more variety you orde the more enjoyable it is.

• Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California
“Easily, consistently one of the top in Marin...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Probably the best in Marin. Top two or three for sure... consistent, informal atmosphere with creative menu expertly executed. The Kampachi crudo was delicious (shaved artichoke, fava beans, meyer lemon smash, ramp, crispy shallot), but the Tuna Tartare is a cannot miss (hard line caught ahi tuna tartare, asian pear, shiso, sesame, soy, fresh wasabi, and sticky rice cakes). The avocado bruschetta was also a MUST order... must....for real (avocado with manodori balsamic, sea salt, and chorizo leon "flakes"). My wife got the Wolf Ranch Quail, with bacon and chard stuffing, soft polenta, fennel sausage, sage, and maple jus. I was jealous, because it was *SO* hearty... incredible amounts of meat. It was too much for her, but I helped. =) It was a lot of meat on a plate, but it was really well plated / thought out. Probably a guy's dish though. I had the gnocci with house made fennel sausage, erbette chard, and black truffle butter. It was heaven, but I was a bit full (as we ordered the whole menu, basically). Cheers to celebration. Too full for dessert, we opted for coffee instead. We enjoyed the Cristom Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley with the meal, too. The half bottles are great, and fair priced.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kensington, California
“Under the shadow of Mount Tam”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I read the reviews and took wife here for a birthday evening out. Larkspur is SO Marin County. On an after dinner walk along the street you will see the meeting of post hippie and affluent. On a Friday night in mid July the feel of the restaurant was vibrantly TGIF, but with reservations we were seated promptly and began to encounter the staff: the hostess, the water server and the waiter. Later came the plate bringers, the plate removers and repeated visits from all...not intrusive, but attentive. The waiter really knew the menu in detail. That is a plus here because the menu is so varied, imaginative and attractive that one needs help. In that respect we found the tables close, close enough to ask neighbors for pointers. Two different couples next to us were most obliging; both were regulars and both enthusiasts.

We ordered the tuna tartar bruscheta. It was so good that we almost ordered another. Everything about it was perfect: The little round rice cake it came on, the tuna mix atop and some exotic aromatic green leaf to cap. We followed that with a salad of grilled bitter rabe with nuts and a perfect dressing. A ragu with some kind of uncommon pasta shape followed by a plate of Monterey calamari perfectly cooked came next. All the presentations were well done. Getting back to the original order my wife asked for a chardonnay and what came was a Hanzell, one of California's very best! We finished with a butterscotch bread pudding and cups of strong decaf with cream.

The noise is there. The energy is palpable. The food was so good that we vowed to return. Perhaps it was a bit pricey, but when everything was of the very best quality including the service who can quibble?

• Visited July 2013