“The Better Choice...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Lancaster
La Jolla
“The Better Choice...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed in Lancaster three weekends for the soccer tournament. We stayed at the America's Best Value Inn for the first two weekends based on the Trip Advisor reviews. I will say, immediately, that the staff there was very good. That having been said, any staff has to work with what they have been given. In short, this property is tired. It appears to me that the ownership is taking out as much money as possible while putting in as little money as possible. In terms of our experience, we were located in a non-smoking room. Clearly, this room was, at one time, a smoking room. Converting a room from smoking to non-smoking requires more than simply hanging a sign on the door. The carpets, curtains, the furniture and perhaps even the drywall has to be replaced. We paid $90.95 per night. This price included a continental breakfast. For our last weekend, we stayed next door at the Town House Motel. In contrast to the America's Best Value Inn, the Town House Motel has been updated. We were also located in a non-smoking room. This one, however, was a true non-smoking room. We paid $67.41 per night or $23.54 less. This price included a continental breakfast. There are nice things I could say about America's Best Value Inn. However, if you have to choose between the two, I have to say that the Town House Motel is the better choice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Spent one week here in February with my husband, He had been many times on biz and brought me along. It was clean, staff extremely helpful, office is inviting and breakfast good--not fancy, but enough. It was quiet--yes, there is a train nearby, so if that bothers you bring earplugs. Pool area pretty, almost resort-like. Don't be put off by run down motels down the street--this place is a gem. Under new mgt. for past six months and they are working hard to improve it. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Clean , Well Managed , Only GREAT Things to say about this Motel!! Also a Very GOOD Breakfast in Lobby.... Been there Many times ~ & Recommend it !! Great Pool & Jacuzzi.. ... Located on Sierra Hwy But set back from the traffic Noise BUT there is a Train track across the street a train now & than not Bad

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bakersfield, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Needed an inexpensive place to stay for a two day event. It was no 5 star resort but the rooms were very clean and included a microwave, a mini-fridge, and a coffee pot. It seems these days the cheap motels (like Motel 6 or EZ8) skimp on the coffee maker, making guests go visit the lobby for their morning cup of joe - not recommended if you like to drink coffee before your morning shower. This motel is about $20 more to stay at than the Motel 6 and WELL WORTH IT. The beds were comfortable enough, and though I couldn't eat any of the breakfast provided (lactose intolerant) there seemed to be a nice selection. Next time I have to stay in Lancaster, I will probably stay there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed one night and slept like in heaven. The bed was just great and the matress probably new. The price compared to other CA motels I'd been in was remarkably low. The room was nice, good size and clean, service very friendly and they provide a nice breakfast in the morning. I am glad I found this place and will stay there again on my next trip to Lancaster. Located by the Sierra Highway it was really quiet at night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have a great experience at this motel the rooms were amazing. The Pool was beautiful, If I needed anything they were on top of it. I loved the front desk lady, Terry, she made she feel welcomed and like I was the only customer there. the only problem that I had was with one person, Meira, she was very rude, inconsistent, and she made it very hard to want to stay. The Town House Motel was one of the best places I have been, I only wish that the one worker was not employed there. She was very inappropriate with not only myself but everyone around.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the front desk lady, Terry, she help me find the prefect room that I desired!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We found ourselves displaced unexpectedly during the Powerhouse Fire and forced to evacuate from our home. This was extremely stressful and one motel we went to was already sold out & really kind of short with us - like we were putting THEM out! Fortunately we found Town House and was able to get a room. By the time we got there and stepped into the office, I was really quite exhausted. The reality was hitting of just what was at stake and I suddenly overwhelmed with worry - specially for our animals that we could not bring with us. The clerk there who had said her name was Terri was an absolute God send! She was quick and thorough with our check in, but was also so sweet and attentive. She had said there were several others that had come in from the area, and she was there all night if we needed anything. Terri really made us feel welcome and went out of her way to insure we were comfortable. I cannot tell you how much that meant for me that night, and I really appreciate it. Now were safely back home, I wouldn't hesitate to send family & friends that come into town over to Terri & the Town House Motel.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Town House Motel? Share your experiences!