“surprises in Lancaster,CA” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
CA
“surprises in Lancaster,CA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

first when I told some friends that I was going to Lancaster,CA. they said WHY?
I told them I was going for. Red Hat Mardi GRAS event. I said when We went to
San Deigo we only saw the hotel so it did not matter what the city does not have, etc.
Boy, we all were surprised to learn the history that is in Lancaster plus we went to the
BLVD which is a strip of business that we had a nice Parade. We stopped traffic in all
Directions. The parade started in front on the Western Hotel which was built in 1888.
Who knew they had enough visitors back then to build a 2 story hotel. This little strip
Haa a nice size library, large post office, theater and movie theater too. 3 cake & ice cream
Shops plus a couple of candy stores. Lancaster folks have a sweet tooth! I learn what the
Red Tail was. there are lots of statues for the astronuts. I was glad I made the trip with my friends and plan to return next year.

Room Tip: this hotel has lots for $. They give you a very nice breakfast with your room rate. Plus they have...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Santee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed for a soccer tournament and the hotel was great, reasonably priced, and had great employees. I would definitely recommend the hotel to everyone who has to stay in Lancaster.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Oxford Inn in Lancaster, CA a few times, and every experience has been perfect. I have never had a noisy room, I LOVE the work-out room and the jacuzzi, and the dinner, as well as breakfast, were an added bonus. The staff have always been super nice and helpful, and it is so restful and relaxing to stay there. I plan on staying there again, it's a very good bargain.

Room Tip: They are all nice, quiet rooms!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Vevey, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I spent four nights in this hotel. The room was nice, staff were very pleasant, breakfast eggs were cooked to order, and in the evening, a free "reception" which amounted to a good free dinner, including the drinks. Apples, fresh cookies, candies on the desk. Good strong WiFi plus two computers in the lobby. All that for a very reasonable price. Check-out at 12 but extensible to 2pm. Hard to beat.

Room Tip: I do not know about the elevator as my room was on the ground floor
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I came to Lancaster for a funeral, and the moment I came the staff was nothing but wonderful. Brittany at the front desk was a great help from the moment I arrived. The rooms were very clean and cozy, and not to mention the breakfast was delicious. All the staff were amazing and took good care of me while I stayed there. If I ever have to come to Lancaster again I will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony are great
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We picked this hotel from the AAA book because it was on our way through town and were very pleasantly surprised, not only with the reasonable price, but the social evening with drinks and appetizers and a cooked to order breakfast the next morning. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

Over the years, I've stayed at just about all the major hotels in the area, but I have settled exclusively at the Lancaster Oxford. The rooms are always nice and large, and I have come to know many of the staff pretty well. The hot breakfast and the evening reception are hard to beat. The evening reception in the lobby is a great informal way to meet with business colleagues and unwind! I recommend the Oxford highly to all business travelers, and particularly the government travelers. - Glen S.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Oxford Inn & Suites Lancaster? Share your experiences!