“The Best of all Mexican Restaurants” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 177 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Mexican
Idaho
“The Best of all Mexican Restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

WOW........ I was on my way to LA, stopped at this lovely restaurant for a something to eat.I just couldn't choose on a meal, everything looked so lovely on the pictures.
I had their Seviche and Pozole soup.My GOSH.... this is what is all about, the best Mexican Tasting food I had ever had, and I'm from Mexico, go figure!

Try it, you will not regret it.Oh and prices are great.I don't know how they do it to keep their prices low.

"Idaho Doll"

Los Angeles, California
“We ate here twice in the same day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

If you are looking for a place to eat, I highly recommend Tacos Si Senor! We come here every couple years when we go to see the poppies at the Antelope Valley Poppy Preserve. We ate here twice in the same day 2 years ago. It's off the same exit from the 5 if you are coming from Los Angeles, but on the east side of the freeway (you turn west for the Poppy Preserve) about 1-2 miles down the road. It's on your left hand side.

It's a colorful Mexican restaurant in a strip-mall (the grocery store that was there a couple years ago is now gone), serving tacos and more. The menu is overwhelming. There are photos of about 58 items and there are plenty more items that aren't photographed. Everything we have tried there is great as as we remembered! They are known for their seafood (they even have fresh oysters). This weekend we had the fried tilapia, shrimp ceviche, and the 3 taco plate (we had chicken, carnitas, and carne asada). All were basically perfectly prepared comfort food (the tilapia was a tiny bit salty but I like salty). Nothing fancy just really good. Portions are generous. We were stuffed and had to take a full box home. There is a salsa bar and some marinated vegetables that we could eat all day. No free refills on drinks so I was limited to one Mr. Pibb but that was okay. They kept the water coming. It's a local place, the service is friendly and fast. They have futbol games on. Some of the drinks come in traditional bottles. We came on a whim, looking for some unpretentious Mexican food, and Tacos Si Senor delivers. Plus, I love the name.

Based on memory, I think the prices were around: Fried Tilapia $7, Shrimp Ceviche $3.50, and the 3 Taco plate $5.50. They serve alcohol and take credit cards.