“I've stayed many times... and will return.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Lancaster
Tehachapi, California
“I've stayed many times... and will return.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Due to work and weather conditions which prevented travel home, I've stayed in this hotel many times over the last few years and will return. It's fairly new, very clean and staff have gone above-and-beyond when asked for any kind of help. It has recently (?) gone under new ownership but still maintains all the service and quality that has brought me back again and again. The rooms are as good or better than would be expected in a new HI Express... very clean and quiet even though close to the freeway. I'm usually pretty tired when I check in and always feel comfortable when I get to my well-appointed room and always have a good sleep there. I've never eaten the available breakfast so can't comment on that amenity. I'd love it even more if the room rate was cut in half (ha ha!)... but hey, it's 2012 and the cost is about the same or better than the other nice places in Lancaster. Being familiar with the area, I doubt I would stay in any of the budget places these days.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, you might ask for a room on the side opposite the freeway. It never b...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
LancasterGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! Next time I hope that you will have the time to enjoy our breakfast! If time is a factor though, we will be happy to prepare a "to go" bag for you so that you have an opportunity to enjoy every amenity we offer our guests. I value the comments from our guests and use them as a tool for areas of improvement. It is this hotel's goal to exceed our guests expectations! Thank you again for taking time out of your busy day to leave feedback for us! Have a GREAT day! Sincerely, Lori Goniwicha, GM

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
us
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This site is fairly new. The mgmt. and staff are friendly etc. but this is my chief complaint. Their breakfast is terrible and there is little variety. No fruit, something that looks likes bacon and watery scrambled eggs, coffee watered down. I know times are hard everywhere so we strech everything, but this is ridiculous. Get breakfast somewhere else. Yeah, I know,...at least the rooms were nice...a/c doesn't work and you can't open a window for fresh air. Good thing i'm just passin thru!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
chucky22,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the very good! Whilst I am pleased with the good and the really good comments, I truly value the bad comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we already do. We will address these points and I hope that when you return you will see the improvements that have been made.
Thank you again for your review.

Ben J
IHG Care
Weimar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Is it a "wow" experience??? No... but it's a very functional hotel with very good guest service (front desk), good hospitable house keeping team, free internet (important for me), clean rooms, and a good breakfast. My family and I come once a year for my father-in-laws birthday and always at the same time of year when this community host a huge soccer tournament where all hotels are full. This is our second or third year here and they do an excellent job keeping the noise level under control when the hotel is full of kids. We'll be back again next year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
chicago, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We spent one night here with a pet. They put us in a "pet" room which was on the ground floor near the back doors, for easy outside access. The room definitely smelled of previous pets, but we didn't feel as though we were in a position to complain, and it was fine for one night. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast bar is adequate. Kid was impressed with the pancake machine. There's a Starbucks about five minutes away for coffee in the am. All in all, a fine option for traveling with a pet.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I needed to stay the night in Lancaster on business and wasn't very excited about it. All of the hotels out there are your basic chain type hotels, so I wasn't expecting much. When I checked in the Front desk lady was fast and efficient, the room turned out to be much nicer and larger than I thought it would be and the free breakfast was actually really great. Overall a much better experience than I would have guessed. The only negative thing I could say was that the hotel was on a side street and a little hard to find.

Room Tip: I ended up getting a suite. The suites are really large.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We had a group of 18 and 9 rooms! We made our reservations at this hotel eight months before our July stay. We arrived and our reservations were perfect. Check-in was great and Brian was so helpful. The GM, Helen, was helpful, welcoming, and thankful for our stay. The wonderful night of rest helped make our conference even better.

Without a question, this is the best stay in Lancaster.

Room Tip: Become a Priority Club member and it will help with your room location.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We were fortunate to get our team in here on a busy tournament weekend. The fields are 5 minutes away from the Big 8 softball complex where we would be spending much of the weekend. The hotel was clean, friendly staff, a small pool and has good breakfest selection. We would stay here again. Only complaints are a very slow elevator and broken chairs at the pool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lancaster? Share your experiences!