“Wonderful stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeside
Glendora
“Wonderful stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had two comp nights at the hotel. The hotel rooms are very comfortable, nicely decorated. Room came with a mini fridge, safe, separate tub and shower. King rooms have a sofa. There is a free USA Today newspaper, free coffee in the rooms (Keurig) or near the lobby as well. The bed was softer than I prefer but comfortable. The food at the casino was all very reasonably priced and we enjoyed it all. The 24 hour Sage Cafe was very good (although service a little slow), the buffet is very good; we also ate at the food court and the pizza, the coffee / bakery, and the burgers and fries and gelato we can all vouch for. There are several other restaurants to fit any price range and appetite. It is out in the middle of nowhere so you will be eating on the premises. However, its remoteness does provide some quiet. Gardens are nice for a stroll. The pool is not as big as I thought it would be but of adequate size, as is an outside jacuzzi. Free exercise room in the hotel, free Wi-Fi. As for the casino, we won $$ the first time but lost this second trip. Staff is all very friendly and free drinks and snacks on the floor are a nice touch. If you golf there is a great course; there are also a lot of recreational areas / places to hike nearby. There is covered parking on the casino side but only an open parking lot on the hotel side.

Room Tip: The second floor leads to the casino so it might be a little noisy on that half of the second floor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sugar Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have stopped at the Barona Casino for the past 3 years. While we did not stay at the hotel, we went for a little gaming and some dinner. The last 2 years we ate at the buffet and I have to say that their buffet is one of the best that I have ever been to. There are several cuisines to choose from. American, Chinese, Italian, Mongolian, Dim Sum, Seafood and moore. The food that they serve is not steamed but prepared well. I highly recommend it. There are 2 problems. the first is that there can be a long wait to get seated. the 2nd is that you will get full before you get to all the stations. .
This year, we decided to eat at the Italian Cucina Restaurant in the lower level of the Casino. There were 4 of us and were seated within 10 minutes on a Friday night. We all ordered some form of their Italian dish. They offer a small or a regular portion size which is very unusual.
3 of us ordered the small portion and I ordered the regular portion of the Chicken Fettuccini.
A wonderful bread was brought to the table when we were seated. We each ordered a drink and a salad. The service was good throughout the night. While we all enjoyed our food and I could not finish even half of my order, while I have had better main dishes at other Italian restaurants, I cannot think of why anyone would not enjoy this restaurant. The other reason to eat here is that it is extremely affordable. Our entire bill for 4 people without tip was under fifty dollars!
The other thing that I would like to mention is that throughout the casino and restaurant area, we were treated like welcome guests. Everyone seemed sincerely appreciative of our being there.
At most other casinos, it seems to me that the emplyees are nice because they are told to be nice, but here it felt genuine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Venture, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding. It was very nice even if you don't gamble. Staff very friendly, everyone waves to you. Stay clear of the steak. Had it twice and the first one was all grizzle and the second pretty tasteless. The new Italian restaurant was nice, though. Also, our room came with a safe (so I'm guessing all rooms do) and I'm glad I used it as I had a beauty item i brought from home go missing. At first I thought that maybe I didn't bring it (highly unusual) but when I got home, sure enough it was gone and was lifted. It's a ways from downtown San Diego. It took 45 mins to get to Balboa Park, but it's very quiet and at night and early morning you can hear horses and coyotes.

Room Tip: We took a room with the golf course view. Only other view (pool side) is really the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Barona Hotel and Casino offer a destination resort facility close to San Diego. A world class golf course, nice hotel rooms, and the best casino in the San Diego area will be found at the Barona.
The staff wants to please all of its guests and the grounds are kept in pristine condition. The Steak House and Italian restaurant are first class food at moderate prices.Do yourself a favor and stay at this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a Golf Course view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is my second time reviewing this hotel. Our second visit was just as great as our first visit. We love, love this hotel. The exterior grounds are beautiful, the inside is well maintained, the rooms are spacious and nicely appointed and very clean. The buffet was very good but The Sage Restaurant is our favorite, wonderful service, great food and awesome atmosphere. We spent two nights and I didn't want to come home. We were treated so special by every one of their staff and after dealing with a funeral of a relative, this was just the perfect get a way to unwind and we actually won alittle money. We have visited all the local casino hotels in our area and this is by far the best, hands down. It is the little things that make this so special such at bottled water in rooms, chocolates on night stand, FREE wifi and FREE atms plus USA newspaper in morning. Only thing I would do different is bring a sweater, it was alittle cool on casino floor. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Henderson, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night at the end of the August as guests of the casino. We played quite a bit last time we were here and got invited back with a free room and a casino comp. Chloe's front desk service was excellent and we made our way up to the room.

The room was spacious an well appointed. The pillow top bed was very nice. The room also included a couch, desk, comfy armchair, Keurig coffee and tea maker, and small balcony overlooking the ponds and golf course. I loved it, and am writing this as the ducks are quacking below me and the hummingbirds are whizzing by.

My favorite thing thus far has been the lack of noise. No horns or other constant traffic sounds, no loud crowds (outside). Just the smell of breakfast cooking (yea bacon!), and the ability to clear your head while looking out rolling hills.

The golf course is laid out in a links style format. I wish I had my clubs with me. I won't make that mistake again. I think it was Golf Digest that just ranked this course one of the top 50 public courses in the nation. The course looks a little dry, but that's not a big deal.

Anyway, I definitely recommend coming out to Barona. It's a bit of a drive, but worth it.

• Stayed August 2012
Charlotte Amalie, null, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Barona Valley Ranch is an amazing Indian Reservation Casino and Hotel located outside of San Diego. There are several reasons I really enjoyed Barona. The location is beautiful. There are gardens in the back of the hotel, I took the time to walk them and met a friendly staff member who shared information on the scenery. I've stayed at Barona many times and I have never seen anyone else walking the gardens. If you are staying at the hotel and need a break from the slots, take a break and enjoy some fresh are a nice walk. They do have suites and they are great if you are traveling with friends as there is more room and a bar. If you intend to gamble, get a Barona card! No matter owe little you gamble it is still worth it! There are a lot of things going on at Barona that you can take advantage of. Follow the people that look hardcore. They aren't hard to spot. You can follow them to the free food, free sodas, contest, and more!

Room Tip: Ask about the suites, it may be worth it if traveling with friends. The casino entrance is located...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Barona Valley Ranch Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!