“Heaven On Earth!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeshore
Woodland, California
“Heaven On Earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Ive had the great pleasure of staying at lakeshore off and on for the past three years. over this last Memorial Day weekend I must say when I thought it couldn't get any better, I find im eating my words! The food there at the restraint is to absolutely die for! cant beet this prices! I don't know where they got their cook but if I had a resort id love to have him or her cook for me! they've added ice cream shakes that I think taste like homemade, plus I'm impressed with their fresh sandwiches! YUMMY! The cabins in my experience have always been well kept and as modern as you can get without taking away the rustic beauty of the place! Boat rentals, very reasonable, and a staff that's attentive, and will bend over backwards to make your stay a memorable experience. Cant say enough other than if you don't visit this resort your really missing out!

Room Tip: Call in advance and go early and check out the beauty of this resort! You will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

RV campers beware! The area of the "resort" designated the "RV Park" is very small. If you are pulling anything over 15' than good luck. Luckily, when my family and I arrived, we were the only RV. I was able to park in one of the few spaces that would accommodate a 28 foot travel trailer. Some of the spaces were too small to park a small car between the trees let alone a trailer. It would be horrible if someone were to drive from hours away while towing a trailer or 5th wheel only to find that they won't even come close to fitting in a space. I walked through the tiny little RV section of the resort and was simply dumbfounded by some of the spaces. Simply no way to negotiate your rig into the spot. Most of the sewer hook ups were over flowing and "fixed" with a pile of pine needles covering the slop hole. The grounds are pretty rough. We had a view of the workers and their permanent living quarters (trucks, old trailers, heavy equipment, etc.). The saloon looked pretty cool and we did not eat at the restaurant. Some of the staff was very nice; however, some were very rude. There was a lot of confusion and conflicting information....seemed that there was no organization whatsoever...giving the impression that it is a poorly run facility. I was even given a price over the phone prior to booking the trip and paid in full. When I arrived and spoke with a different person....I was advised that I would have to pay more because the quoted price was too low. Not a huge deal but the little things kept adding up. It's a damn shame because it is a great location and has a lot of potential. Now I am in no way a picky person or a complainer when it comes to travel or camping. This is in fact the first review i've ever posted online. I am a backpacker and I'm used to roughing it. I've even backpacked in Vietnam and had to wash my cloths in bathroom sinks while washing myself with a rag.....in other words....I don't complain like a lot of campers expecting 5 star accommodations. For $40 a night I would never waste my money bringing my trailer and family up to this "resort" ever again. I plan on trying the Cedar Crest resort later this summer. I have no idea what to expect and hope to receive some feedback. Again, this review is only for the RV resort...I can't attest to the conditions of the cabins.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lakeshoregabster, Owner at Lakeshore Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Our RV Park was built in the 1930's and accommodates Rv's from 15 - 42 feet long depending on the slide outs on a rig and what class it is. This guest states that they had a tough time navigating the RV Park, we seldom get this complaint. Sometimes, it has to do with the experience of driving a RV. We have guests that have very large and new rigs that come up every year to the RV Park. The rate this guest was given was a mistake because we recently changed our booking system and the rates did not transfer properly. We tried to explain this to the guest. The RV Park does house some employees, being that we are confined on how much housing we can build to accommodate the amount of staff we need. We offer full hook up service (30 amp) electric. It's a rustic park, wooded and dirt sites, not paved. Some folks really enjoy it, some do not because it's rustic. We have a shower facility and laundry room. It's best to check it out for yourself. Our sites are 40.00 putting us at less than our competitor for RV spots. We hope this guest will try us again, perhaps booking a different site in the RV Park.
Rolling Hills Estates, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have been reading reviews for Lakeshore and am really surprised at the negative feedback. It seems the people that have had poor experiences here may be people that have spent tjme in fancy hotels that are impeccable in every way. Renting a cabin in the mountains can never be like staying in a hotel. It is old. It is rustic. It won't be without bugs. It might be slightly dirty. It satisfies the mountain experience exactly as it is supposed to. If you have a spider hanging on your window, maybe you should go home

I have been coming to Lakeshore for years. It is rustic. It is supposed to be. The owners and staff are always doing repairs and upgrading where necessary. It can't be easy owning a business like this. I do not find the staff rude. They are quite friendly and helpful. Rude? NO. Stressed?...perhaps. I know that when I deal with people in business I try my best to please. However, I find it extremely difficult to deal with irrational people with unrealistic demands. I see the staff as perhaps stressed, but not rude.

I have found the lake and the resort to be my favorite place in the local mountains. I have checked out other cabin rentals in the area. I don't like them because THEY ARE NOT RUSTIC ENOUGH. They have too modern of a feel. It may sound strange, but for me to stay somewhere, it has to call to me on an emotional level. Lakeshore Resort is that place.

I will continue to come here as long as I am able. If people are looking for class A accommodations inside the cabin while maintaining its rustic charm on the outside, don't stay here. If you like experiencing the mountains the way they should be experienced, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have been staying at Lakeshore Resort for over 25 years. The property is rich with history and beauty. I have always found the staff to be very cordial and helpful. In fact, on our last trip in June of 2012, my family and I became lost while hiking back from Twin Lakes. When we phoned Lakeshore Resort for assistance, Gabrielle Kant immediately arranged for horseback riders to look for us on the trail. I’m not sure how many other resorts would have done this.

Lakeshore has everything you will need. For instance, the property has a restaurant, a general store, and a saloon. Do keep in mind that some of the cabins are old, and many of the cabins are what you would consider “rustic.” But that’s the point. If you are looking for a large “resort” with fancy restaurants and amenities, stay at Mammoth or Lake Tahoe. However, if you are looking for a quite spot in the Sierra’s, right in the middle of the forest and within a stone’s throw to the lake, look no further than Lakeshore Resort!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Madera, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We visited and had a nice time. Great food in the restaurant and the service was friendly and welcoming. The saloon was great and I saw Clint Eastwood was there recently. Friendly gathering place. We'll be back soon.

Room Tip: Check their website for a cabin you like. www.lakeshoreresort.com Everything is quiet. Except the sa...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chowchilla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is not the Ritz, but it is rustic heaven on my favorite lake. Cabiny and cozy, friendly employees and beautiful surroundings with a great restaurant, saloon and marina. My friends call it the other Yosemite!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fresno, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just the place to go to relax and play in the summer AND winter! Water sports, snow sports abound and Lakeshore Resort is there to cater to your needs and wants. The cabins are well kept and cozy. Each unit has it's own unique charm with the personal touches lacking in chain motel/hotels. Yes, there are critters of all types living near and around the resort-it's their home so expect the occasional "visitor". Food is wonderful with a surprisingly diverse menu. Local bar is a hot spot for night activities and get-togethers. Groceries are right there in case you forgot something and the staff is super friendly and helpful. Let them make suggestions for local sight-seeing and recreation choices available all year-round. It is a bit rustic and away from the crowds but so rich in local history you don't want to miss this spot as a go to destination. Remember-this is NOT a posh resort but a locally run and family operated place so don't expect the Hilton! Enjoy the beauty of nature and relax. Thumbs up twice to Lakeshore Resort!!! Have been here several times over the past 16 years years and love it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lakeshore Resort? Share your experiences!