“Rip off” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rainbow Lodge

Rainbow Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakeport
Rainbow Lodge
You added Rainbow Lodge to your Saves list
2569 Lakeshore Boulevard, Lakeport, CA 95453   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Lakeport
Folsom, California
“Rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I had booked one night for the Clear Lake Splash-In but my preference was to stay two nights at the Skylark Resort since that is where most of the participants were staying that were involved in the event. Since Skylark originally could only accomdate one night I booked the Rainbow for the second night online. This all was done about three weeks in advance of the late September event. Skylark called a couple days later to inform me they had a room for the second night. At that point I cancelled Rainbow, again on-line, and received a cancellation notice. (three day advance required).
Much to my surprise my October credit card bill reflected a one night stay at $106.71! Since I didn't expect to be fighting over my cancellation I discarded my cancellation information and didn't know the online company I had used. Much to my dismay B.J. and the owner (?) wouldn't even acknowledge receiving a cancellation or give me the online company name so I could contact them to reobtain the number. My advice is to not stay at this "rip-off" joint.....or be sure to keep you cancellation number if you cancel. They will be no help at all.

Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

I travel to Lakeport for business and I am fortunate enough to bring my very well behaved collie dog with me. On the web page they show you nice rooms with a great location. When I got there they put me in a awful room. The floor was a filthy tiile and the room had a bad smell. I noticed multiple bugs crawling on the floor and so I did not sleep at all. They also put me right next door to some elderly lady in a wheelchair who chained smoked the entire evening. I could not figure this out as there was plenty of vacancy.
The small fridge did not work and they did replace it, but when I asked about the other rooms that were in better shape I was told because I had a pet I could not stay in those rooms. I would have rather paid a larger pet deposit than to have been in such a bad room.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Foothills of Tahoe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

This place had the audacity to let my truck and trailer get towed at 7AM in the morning from a adjacent parking lot. When the horrible business man who was having it towed, John Marino, came over asked asked do you know who parked there truck and trailer over there? They said nothing and watched it get towed. Here we are spending our weekend up at a fishing tourney, were we travled 6 hours to get there, and we are helping them stimulate there economy. When the Rainbow Lodge, John Marino, and Jones Towing decide they do not want our money or the money of the 20-30 other members of our bass association to be spent up there ever again! Horrible place I would tell you to travel stay out side of Lakeport and travel in.

• Stayed May 2009
RainbowLodge, Owner/PR Manager at Rainbow Lodge, responded to this review, May 22, 2009
Dear Guest,

Rainbow Lodge sincerely regrets that the truck and the trailer got towed. Our policy is to ensure the security of our guests’ belongings to the best of our ability. Had the hotel staff been aware that our valued guest’s vehicle was parked in the adjoining parking lot, we would have done everything in our power to prevent the towing.

We sincerely appreciate all bass fishing tournament participants who come to visit our area and we are working very hard to provide the best value for our guests.

Sincerely
The Rainbow Lodge Family
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the Rainbow Lodge. We felt very welcome and comfortable. The rooms were clean, and seemed recently remodeled with new carpet, and wood floor by the entryway. We had a two-room "suite". The kitchenette was useful with new fixtures (stainless steel sink, microwave, frig and coffee maker) They offered our dog a complementary doggie bed and food bowl. We appreciated the hospitality. My family travels to Clear Lake several times a year and we will definitely go back to the Rainbow Lodge in the future, and we will recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Yokohama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

Rainbow Lodge was a nice find.  We were driving into Lakeport on Lakeshore Blvd and came across this small motel.  It is a quaint place with log cabin exterior by lakeside.  The place was very quiet and relaxing.  We were concerned that it might be dirty because it accepts pets but we found the rooms to be very clean and the bed was comfortable.  The staff was friendly and interested in making sure that we had a pleasant stay.  Would recommend this place.

• Liked — peaceful environment, price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Aptos, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for one night when we went to see a concert at the nearby Konocti Inn. We were hoping to stay at a Bed and Breakfast but all were booked up. We stayed here out of desperation and it was not quite what we had hoped. As we entered our room, the first thing we noticed was the overwhelming smell of a chemical cleaning product. Unfortunately for us, the establishment does allow pets and I'm sure that strong cleaners are required to clean up after them. The building itself is very old and the owner has done a few cosmetic updates but it would take so much more to be worth even the $110 that we paid for it. I don't believe I've ever been in a smaller bathroom or shower. There was no place to set down one cosmetic bag, the toilet ran loudly all night, and the bathroom faucets were nearly impossible to use. The continental breakfast consisted of: coffee, OJ, and plastic-wrapped, grocery store "pastries'. I would expect accommodations like this to be more in the $50 to $75 range. The owner/manager was nice and friendly but my advice is to go for a Bed and Breakfast. Really, this place is good for only one type of guest: Pet owners.

• Liked — Flat screen tv is ok
  • Disliked — Quality of room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chico, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

My Brother and I stayed over night to a concert at Konocti. We paid $55.00 for a room that was easy to locate, across from the lake. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were not fancy but nice, clean and the beds weren't awful either. It was definately worth what we paid. I'd recommend it to friends and would def stay there again for a cheaper priced Motel.

Stayed August 2008

Been to Rainbow Lodge? Share your experiences!