About 36 family and friends stayed here over a weekend for a wedding at the near-by Rancho Las Lomas. We had a total of about 22 rooms, some studio, some 1 BR suites. Our room, a studio suite was large, clean and comfortable, with a K bed and sleeper sofa/sitting area, as well as a well-equipped kitchenette (everything but a stove). We arrived early and enjoyed the evening social reception, served M - Th only. Draft beer, wine, salad bar, chips, cookies, fruit, and varying entrees. The two we saw were hamburgers and fries one night, and meatball sandwiches and fries the second night. Breakfast, served every day, was varied and plentiful - eggs, meat, potatoes or biscuits, waffles, muffins, toast, bagels and english muffins, fruit, hot and cold cereal, rice and miso and juice. Coffee and tea are available 24/7 along with some fresh whole fruit.
The hotel has some nice areas for groups to gather, such as the library off the dining area, the sitting area in front of a fireplace, the trellissed courtyard, or at the pool/ hot tub. We used them all throughout the weekend. The large pool and spa were clean and well-heated and towels were plentiful near-by. The kids enjoyed them both.
For weekend guests, be aware that there is no on-site restaurant or bar, nor one next door, across the street, etc., so without a car you would have to walk along a deserted busness park area about 1/2 mile or more to a large shopping center with plenty of food choices. The only other alternative for lunch or dinner Fri - Sun is pizza delivery or packaged food for sale from the hotel pantry. In retrospect, I would have purchased some cold cuts or hamburgers/hot dogs for my weekend guests to barbeque in the courtyard area.
The hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating to our large group, whether getting and printing directions to the rehearsal dinner and wedding venue or providing a cooler with ice for our family gatherings by the pool or in the courtyard. They also provided the shuttle service to and from the wedding venue, as part of the hotel room block. The drivers were courteous and the vans were clean.
Thank you staff at the Staybridge Suites, Lake Forest!
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Irvine Spectrum/Lake Forest Hotel Lake Forest
- Staybridge Suites Irvine Spectrum/Lake Forest Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Lake Forest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Irvine East/Lake Forest is conveniently located near the Irvine Spectrum, Foothill Ranch/Lake Forest, Mission Viejo and Rancho Santa Margarita business communities. The hotel is easily accessible to Highways 5 & 405, and toll road 241, and just 14 miles from the Santa Ana / Orange County John Wayne Airport.The Staybridge Suites is situated within walking distance to the Towne Centre shopping area and close to companies such as Wonderware, Panasonic, Western Digital, Oakley, Wet Seal, Del Taco and Saddleback Church.Nearby attractions also include Irvine Spectrum Entertainment Center with a variety of restaurants, bars, specialty shops and movie theaters. Verizon Amphitheater, Wild Rivers Amusement Park, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach and South Coast Plaza are also minutes away. Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm are within 20 miles. The hotel is an easy day trip to many areas of Los Angeles and San Diego.The Staybridge Suites Irvine East/Lake Forest features 128 spacious studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and many amenities. Complimentary hot breakfast, evening Sundowner Reception social hour and high speed wireless Internet access are just some of the wonderful amenities we proudly provide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Otel so you can book your Staybridge Suites Irvine Spectrum/Lake Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.