“Arguably the best hotel in the area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Lake Forest
Los Angeles
“Arguably the best hotel in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Is it the best hotel? No. But the best hotel in the area? Likely. I do my research.

Parking is free, breakfast is free, wifi free, rooms are unusually large, and the kitchen, although never got used; is convenient. We booked a 2-bedroom with another couple, and my husband and I hardly realized we have friends in the hotel room. The common area is fairly spacious. We have several friends who stayed over in the various parts of the hotel, so we got a good read of the entire grounds. I'd ask for the higher floor.

My husband used the gym, and the pool area is so-so. I'm not too crazy about the hotels with superlong hallways, but the nicely laid-out exit/entry points help.

Tip: to avoid the toll roads, exit on the 5 freeway, and take Bake Parkway East all the way. It's only a few miles from there.

Staff is friendly. Do not expect bell hops and such. It's a Staybridge, after all. It's a no-fuss, no muss clean and roomy hotel for the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Gloria W, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Irvine Spectrum/Lake Forest, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel's amenities and services. Many people are pleasently suprised by all of the complimentary services and items we provide. However, the most refreshing free offering we provide are our complimentary smiles.

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

a very nice and warm hospitality from the hotel personal, i'm here for the third time and i'm very happy to come back again,
the only thing that bothers me is the pillows and they are considered to be good ones, might be my issue with many half sized pillows around my head,
you can connect your Laptop to the TV easily, the room is quite big and comfortable.
the stuff is remarkable. and the breakfast is pretty rich.

Enjoy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites Lake Forest. We realize you have choices and appreciate that you decide to stay with us when in the area. please continue to use us and well do our best to make your next visit as enjoyable as the last.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is one of the better Staybridge Suites I've stayed at - cleaner & newer, and staff are pleasant. It's a good choice if you have business in Lake Forest (and don't want to commute to Irvine). Target, grocery, and restaurants are just up the road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,
Thanks for the positive feedback. We really appreciate your comments and hope that you continue to choose Staybridge Suites Lake Forest.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I travel often and I always prefer/try to stay in fully equipped rooms/suites (IE: Residence Inn, Candlewood, etc) as long as I can find a reasonable rate. I had stayed at Staybridge for a day or two a few years ago and remembered really enjoying my stay there. So when the bf and I decided we were coming to town for a week + to visit my mom, over the holidays, this was my first choice.
From the moment of making my reservation (the girl at the front desk was VERY helpful and did everything she could to make sure I was getting the best deal possible) to the last day we left, I was HIGHLY impressed with every aspect of this hotel. Everyone here was always helpful, rooms and common areas are VERY clean and well kept (Im pretty darn picky too), free breakfast buffet and complementary dinner buffet (Tues-Thurs) was always well balanced, stocked well and remarkably thorough....with a very nice salad bar, wine, soda and even beer on tap (yep, all included with your stay).
Being a bit of a neat freak, I was also highly impressed with the housekeeping here. Many extended stay locations dont come in on a daily basis to tidy your room. Here, they do (Mon-Fri and also on weekends, per request) We came back at the end of our day to fresh towels, bed made, kitchen tidy....it was awesome.
I prefer a firmer mattress and was very comfortable and slept well.
The ONLY thing I would say wasnt a notch above everyone else was the amount of options in the "market". Really no big deal given there are plenty of stores within a 2 minute drive and all you have to do is pre plan a bit. But if you are in for the night and don't want to go back out, your options are def limited downstairs. ... Otherwise, I didnt find a single flaw.
I will plan to stay here again ANY time we are staying in a hotel, in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Portola Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have worked with the Staybridge Suites Irvine/Lake Forest for a couple of years now. Friendly staff, great rooms, meeting rooms available. Love the BBQ area & pool.
When working on Group travel and meetings the Managers Gloria & Cleo are the most helpful I have found so far. Always ready to assist when needed and eager to make our business trip painless. I strongly recommend this Hotel if you are staying in this area. HOT & FREE breakfast buffet is a plus (you do not get that from other local hotels in Lake Forest). They also have a mini van that can take you and pick you up from a couple of miles around the hotel, so in case you have no rental car or are sharing one... they can take you to local restaurants, grocery store, bank, movie theaters, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Williston, ND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Staff was super friendly and on top of everything! Breakfast & week night meals we're fresh and accomidating. Hotel, its grounds & rooms we're clean and well equipped.
The only downfall was the bed we had (room #234) was very hard; painful for those above 40...haha. We had to place the comforter under the sheets/mattress cover for extra cushion and it actually worked great for nights 3 & 4.
Last Staybridge we stayed at in Vancouver, WA., the beds we're worthy of purchase in our own home.
I truly hope they view this as a possible improvement and not considered "just another complainer". There was absolutely nothing else I would improve...meals we're far better here than the Vancouver stay if that helps with healing :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The staffe were so accomodating especially their manager cleo, hotel is very well equiped. Feels like home. They also have very good breakast with wide variety, plus wolfgang pucks coffee are complimentary in the breakfast area and on your room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Irvine Spectrum/Lake Forest? Share your experiences!