“You will lick your plate” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 153 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: French
Mission Viejo, California
“You will lick your plate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Fabulous , fabulous , fabulous. In Orange County chain restaurants seem to be the main stay. So wonderful to find a one of a kind owner run restaurant with food that melts in your mouth. Desserts are to die for . Will definitely be back often. Try it you'll more than like it.

Orange County, CA
“Very rude customer service (or lack thereof)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went in to redeem a Groupon with my husband for a dozen macarons. As soon as she heard we had a Groupon, the young woman adopted a snippy attitude like she was tired of Groupon patrons, and told us it was only good for 4 limited flavors. I thought she was trying to impose a made-up restriction that did not appear in the Groupon, since I've had that problem with some vendors in the past; I couldn't believe that with a dozen or more flavors, we were stuck with only the likes of chocolate and vanilla (flavors we don't even like). It turns out that it was my mistake and the ridiculous restriction was in the fine print (despite a misleading Groupon photo showing multiple different flavors). Nevertheless, the girl was so unnecessarily rude to us that I would never go back to this place for a meal or any other purchase.

It was within their discretion to not honor anything beyond the deal they made with Groupon, but we went in late on a Sunday and they still had tons of macarons left in plenty of flavors. She claimed there was "nothing she could do," but that was clearly untrue. Would it have really killed them to let us sample a couple more flavors (all the same size and price) to make new customers happy? We would have been willing to even pay an upcharge for that, but she was just 100 percent disinterested in making us happy. We left empty-handed and very dissatisfied.

Visited February 2013
California USA
“Food so good I cleaned my plate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I read about this little cafe a month or two ago. I was shopping with my mom and suggested trying it out. We shared the ham and Brie Panini and the Mediterranean quiche, DELICIOUS! Can't wait to go back and try everything else on the menu!
We bought 10 different macaroons most were good, the rose stood out for me and mom liked the pineapple. We both loved the lemon thyme.
This place is a must try!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orange County, CA
“Excellent Food, Value Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love this place. It is in a little strip mall, the owners are primarily caterers but opened this little cafe that is open for lunch and breakfast on the weekends. I've been for lunch and breakfast, both are superb. The owners take your orders and come around and check on how the food is, they are very friendly. It is a quaint little place, one could find in Paris. Also - I had the best cup of coffee of my life at this place.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
So Cal
“Great Food - International Flair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for Sunday Brunch and what a nice treat we had. The place is very tiny but has been decorated in a simple elegant country style. You get the feeling you are in a French or Tuscany bistro. The food is wonderful, I had the Vegetarian Quiche which was so tasty and my husband had the Eggs Benedict. Both were served with fresh seasonal produce, prepared to let the flavors speak and not heavy sauces. I loved the coffee and it brought me right back to a cafe in Paris. The owner on-site is always a blessing and his love for food shows in the preparation and presentation.

The place is very clean and the service is good...this is a neighborhood gem. We did not try the macarons for which they are famous, but we'll be going back for sure.

• Visited September 2012