“Best experience we ever had!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
CALL US FOR LOWEST RATES
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lake Forest
San Clemente, California
“Best experience we ever had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

My girlfriend and I needed to move from our place temporarily due to a house fire and we chose the Prominence Hotel. Not knowing how long we would be displaced, we saw that rooms looked spacious and upgraded. I have never been greeted with such hospitality and professionalism before. All my years traveling for work and play, I have stayed at well over 100 hotels and I would rank this hotel in the top 1! The price was great, service impeccable, and cleanliness stellar!

I have become a great fan of this place and will go out of my way to recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in the South Orange County area!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Prominence Hotel is clean, comfortable, and affordable. I live in Southern Orange County and I have stayed in almost every hotel. I frequently book rooms with my girlfriend when we want some piece and quiet away from the house. We've tried every hotel within a 20 mile radius; and Prominence is by FAR the BEST. First, I would like to mention the bedding. Prominence uses an Eco-memory foam, comparable to tempur-pedic. I have never gotten a better night's sleep at any other hotel. Second, the costumer service is incomparable to any near-by location. The staff, from the general manager (Jacin) on down, will work tirelessly to meet their guest's satisfaction. Third, Prominence uses an awesome high-tech television system. Each television has a built in computer. Tuning into channel "zero", the television screen instantly transforms into a computer monitor. Every room has a wireless keyboard and mouse; and with its high speed internet, it's easy to check email or even visit hulu.com to watch your favorite shows. The system is easy to use, if not completely self explanatory. Last but not least, Prominence offers an exclusive breakfast to all guest. Guests can order anything from breakfast burritos to homemade waffles (and it's all free!!!). For any long term or short term stay, Prominence is by far the best hotel in southern orange county.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Garden Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I am so extremely happy with my experience at The Prominence Hotel! The staff is amazing on all levels. They smile and give off such a positive energy that welcomes you like no other place I've stayed! Some other hotels may offer some of the same ammenities as this hotel, but in my experience I have never stayed at another place that makes me feel safe, cozy AND appreciated! Breakfast is a great treat every morning..they are very environentally aware..100% organic coffee in the rooms, biodegradable products, I mean wow, they really do care about being green, they dont just want to be called a green hotel, they practice all they can to improve ways to help!Jacin is the General Manager and makes himself available as opposed to other hotels where management avoids people...Henrylyn is warm and friendly and a top notch Front Desk Manager! I have and will continue to reccomend The Prominence Hotel to all of the people I know!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Fort Jones, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We have stayed here many times. When it was a Comfort Suites and now that it has changed affiliations. We worried about the change. We are Comfort Suites travelers and hated to lose the ability to accumulate and use our points. But we'll endure for a great nights stay. We were here for 8 days.

Truthfully, I think the change may have a been a good thing. They have always honored our requests for a top floor room. We get the two room king suite and it's always immaculate. Worth the slight upgrade price when you're here for a while. The memory foam topper on the king bed makes it a very comfortable bed and a great sleep. Great, free internet service is a plus for business and personal use.

The entire hotel inside and out is always spotless and smells great. Close to the expressway and 3 miles from I-5 the location is quiet and convenient. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. Starbucks in the parking lot and a car wash a block away. All kinds of added amenities when you travel.
The staff is incredibly nice, polite and attentive.

The continental breakfast is the best we've seen in any hotel. They have a variety of cereals, breads, rolls, pastries and hot cooked items that they change from day to day. We like the variety in everything they serve down to the cream choices for our coffee. Just those added touches that make it just a little bit better.

We only had one issue and that was a couple of housekeeping inconsistencies on the 3rd floor. One day we left late (11 am) and the housekeeper failed to clean the room at all. A couple of days he forgot to refill the tissues. The husband had a cold and so we were using them like crazy and taking the boxes with us as we went about our business. Because they didn't get refilled we had to go down to the front desk to get another box. But aside from that the room was spotless and well kept.

We highly recommend this hotel for both business and leisure travelers.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I landed in this hotel a few years ago and continue to return every time I'm in Orange County CA, (which is several times a year).
I'm on the road constantly, hotels and travel are my business but this hotel outshines most others.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are always exceptionally clean and they have this great TV system where I can surf the net on the big screen TV from my bed.
Breakfast is predictable (a Choice Hotels mandate) but it has enough differences daily to keep me interested for my average two night stay.
I highly recommend it especially to other business travelers.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Cremorne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

My husband & I stayed for one night in this hotel while visiting friends nearby. We were particularly impressed with the service & quality. Check in was quick, friendly and efficient; the rooms were very acceptable and included a small kitchen with a large fridge and sink. The breakfast was adequate and included in the cost, as was the wireless internet access. There was no additional cost for parking. We left behind a hair brush and the hotel emailed me the following day to advise me of this, All in all a good experience and highly recommended. (We had stayed at a much more expensive Hilton Hotel for the 2 prior nights in San Diego, and this was vastly better at a much lower cost).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
gmca673, General Manager at Prominence Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
Dear rbinsyndney,

I apologize about the duplicate, but I sent you a message through the incorrect link.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is very valuable for improving our business. We hope to serve you if you're in the area again. Our hotel should have an expanded TV channel listing, and an improved breakfast on your next visit.

Jacin Tong
Camden, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

This is a great, clean, friendly and centrally located lodging choice for Lake
Forest, California. We stayed here twice in Jan 2010 for a total of 6 days. The staff is attentive and the room was nicely appointed with a cozy sitting area, large bath and wi-fi. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Timbercliffe,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We're happy your stay was satisfactory, and hope to exceed your expectations the next time you stay in the area. We are excited to announce an expanded TV channel listing in our rooms, and planned improvements to the breakfast. Again, thank you for your comment, and thank you for your business.

Jacin Tong

Been to Prominence Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!