“excellent service!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bru Grill & Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 174 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rockfield
Aliso Viejo, California
“excellent service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is somewhere I would go back to. There was a small mishap with our drink order; and the owner personally came by and resolved the issue. All four diners enjoyed their dinner; salmon, rib eye; flat bread; and pasta. Awesome beer slection too.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Herndon, Virginia
“Great ambiance and lovely service, conducive to great dinners with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I ate here for dinner with three friends and I was impressed by the great service provided to us by our server, Nate, as well as the Executive Ched stopping by to ensure we were happy with our meals and the service. The ambiance is cozy and romantic without being dark and dingy; the bar is lively but does not take away from the quiter and more subdued dining area.

The beer, wine and cocktail list definitely had something for every taste. The wine prices are extremely reasonable due to Bru providing "market pricing" of the wine directly from their wine marketplace to your table, with a nominal corkage fee if you decide to take an unfinished bottle of wine home with you. Cocktail list was fun - I had the "Hemingway's Daiquiri" and it was a tart, unexpected take on white rum and cherry liqueur.

The menu had some nice choices, we went with the Tuna Tartar and Bru Basket as appetizers. Entrees were nicely sized and desserts were amazing - we had the Bourbon Jar brownie dessert and the graham cracker chocolate tarts.

Definitely great for business dinners and dinners with friends and dates!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Forest, California
“A Good Choice with some "Needs"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have been to Bru 3-4 times and will return as it offers a nice dining option for south Orange County.
What I like about it: the decor and overall atmosphere is very nice and comfortable. I have not sat in either of the 2 outdoor areas so can't comment on the "smoker's paradise" as one reviewer put it; however, I didn't notice any smoker havens or even smokers the couple of times I walked through both areas. The best attribute of Bru is the approach to their beer and wine lists - both are relatively extensive, especially the beer list AND they are affordably priced. Since my typically bar bill is as expensive as the food bill, I appreciate this business model alot. The food menu I find interesting although limited in some areas. The various items I have selected from the menu haveen good to very good and have not any any issue with the quality, I have found the desserts in particular to be very good. The downside of Bru and the reason for my average ratiing is the protion size ranges from moderate at best and to small, and the food pricing is expensive relative to the portion size - maybe to make up for the bar emnu prices. Lastly, the service - I have not had the bad experiences the other reviewers have, but if I her one more waiter say "excellent" while I'm there I'm going to scream. The term must be hammered into the waiters in their training. The staff appears quite inexperienced and they almost kill you amateur, over the top allegory.

Bottomline - worth the trip, just pick carefully from the menu and enjoy a good beer or wine

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eureka, California
“Smoker's Paradise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My first visit to Bru was wonderful. Went with a friend, sat on their small outdoor patio and enjoyed wine and garlic fries. Wanted to take hubby on Friday. As before, we went out to the patio...YUK! It was filthy! There was a group that had been there, it looked, for quite some time. All the tables were covered with bowls of ashes and butts! It smelled so bad out there. We couldn't sit on the empty chairs because they were even covered with ashes. The air was LA in the 80's...couldn't see through it. We asked the owner to go out to the patio and see if he would sit there. He came back in a said there's nothing he could do, can't tell them to leave! Never dawned on him to have someone go out there and clean up that pig pen. Shrugged it off. He let a small group take over the entire patio and ruin it for others. Shame. So, all smokers, come on over to Bru. You can throw your cigs on the ground, puff away and have the patio to yourself. Dive bars are nicer.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Laguna Hills, California
“Great menu, beer selection and wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We dined for lunch today and Aaron was charming and efficient.
The ahi salad was tasty and the BRU Burger was cooked perfectly.We can't wait to return to try other menu items.
The beer menu changes and the selections are good.
Glad BRU is in the neighborhood.

• Visited March 2012