“Great stay awesome staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lake Forest
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great stay awesome staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My girlfriend and I came in for the night,for a reunion trip. Anjo Tuble, the front desk manager on duty, saw to it that any questions or issues we had,we taken care of with 100% customer service in mind. He was so accommodating that I even commented to my girlfriend that I wished I could have him working at my store in Vegas. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was great. Really nice buffet and even tvs in some of the booths. The pool was nice and the jacuzzi as well. I definately recommend this hotel for the price and location,and as long as Anjo is still there next trip out,we will be there for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I picked the hotel for its proximity to Verizon Wireless Amphitheater -- had a show to see there. The location couldn't be any better: immediately off the I-5 exit and easily visible from the highway. Irvine Spectrum is minutes away to the north, while plenty of "supplies" are available one exit to the south: a strip mall on top of a strip mall on El Toro Road. The room had a small fridge and a microwave -- quite handy for handling leftovers from a nearby restaurant.

Quirks: (1) The hotel has the slowest elevator that I have ever experienced. (2) By the second morning both compact fluorescent light bulbs in the bathroom were dead -- I didn't know that those things ever burned out! (3) At checkout, a charge for two Fiji waters ($5 a piece) magically appeared on my bill -- but that was quickly resolved at the front desk.

Do: eat breakfast downstairs at Aqua.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelli H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Chaptak,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Adviser. We are happy to hear that you loved our location despite the Quirks. We hope to see you on your next trip to the Verizon Amphitheater.

Sincerly,
Hotel Management.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here over July 4 weekend while on a personal trip to visit friends in Laguna Beach. It's a great gateway location to jump on Lake Forest & take it straight to the 133 and head to the beach. We liked that. We also liked that they accommodated our request for a King bed, non-smoking room on the top floor, over the pool area and away from the freeway. The lobby, restaurant and rooms have been clearly remodeled and look contemporary and very clean. There was a mini fridge & microwave, mini coffee maker, big flat screen TV (we never watched), a large comfy chair with ottoman and an adequate desk area. Wifi was free, there was room service during breakfast and dinner hours, plus a daily happy hour in the lounge area. I saw signs everywhere about live music Wed nights, too. The bed was amazingly comfortable, but the A/C went out in our room during our second night, making it too hot and uncomfortable to sleep. We had to notify the front desk about it several times, and finally it was fixed just as we were leaving. For some reason (cleaning solvents used?), the tub surface was surprisingly slippery (felt like it was covered with oil!) and I slipped in the shower as soon as I stepped in, but did not fall. When we asked for some type of anti-skid mat, they immediately provided it (I've NEVER had to to this anywhere before). On the second day, we also had to ask the housekeeping staff for Kleenex (we were completely out), soap and shampoo. Their complimentary toiletries are very small and housekeeping did not replace what we used after the first night, nor did they completely replace the towels we used, only replacing one set of towels, when we had used two. There was also only one robe in the closet - but it was very nice. In addition, kids stay free, so of course the place was overrun with them on the holiday weekend, and they were running loudly through the halls day and night, and using the fitness equipment when we wanted to use the very tiny gym (one treadmill, one bike, one elliptical). For the same reason, the Jacuzzi looked like murky stew after our first day there and was unusable. Back on the plus side, the food they serve is amazingly good, the weekend bartender is the friendliest guy in the place, and the front desk clerk Shaun was the most pleasant one we encountered over the weekend - and the only one who smiled. He and the bartender made us feel truly welcomed. Not so much anyone else. Still, for the price, I think it was pretty good overall. They fixed everything we brought to their attention and it's a clean, comfortable place with convenient access to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, on pool side, away from the 5 freeway. If possible, ask to FACE the mountains (Ea...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelli H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear TaraLosAngeles,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff accommodated any and all requests during your stay. Shaun and Bill(the bartender) are true assets to our hotel. We couldn't do run our hotel without them. It is so nice to hear that they truly made you feel welcome.
We do apologize that the AC unit did not properly working during your second night and the slippery bathtub. We greatly appreciate you letting us know so that we can work on improving those areas.
Again, we appreciate your comments about our staff and hotel. We look forward to seeing next 4th of July if not sooner!!!

Hotel Management
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was a lovely property and although we only stayed there for one night it was just right for what we wanted; clean, well-appointed rooms with helpful and friendly staff. Even the Wifi worked fine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jane W,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property and it was just right for what you needed. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Hotel Management
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Irvine Spectrum for a business trip. The service is phenomenal! Sean went way out of his way to accommodate with the shuttle. His attitude is great. He is a GEM! Andrew was very friendly and helped in any way he could. Even Darren, a maintenance employee (don't usually think about the behind the scenes guys) was great. He went out of his way. I was floored by an experience I wasn't expecting much from. Thank you!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

On Memorial Day weekend, my boyfriend and I visited this property after being on the road for a couple of hours. When we arrived, I was tired and hungry and I immediately noticed the large group of youth baseball players hanging out around the hotel. I ignored them because I was hungry. After my boyfriend checked in, we found parking in the lot (which was no hassle at all and there is a parking garage) and proceeded to carry our bags upstairs. The room was very nice and actually surpassed my expectations for a Holiday Inn. I worked in the hotel/hospitality industry for a few years and have experience with higher end hotels but this hotel was just as beautiful and the service was impeccable! While in our room, we noticed a lot of noise coming from the hallways and found out that it was the baseball team. I immediately became annoyed because I assumed that this would be an indication of the sleep that we would get. Boy was I wrong! I went down to the desk and spoke with Andrew regarding the matter and he was calm and confident the entire time. I can be a pretty intense person when I am hungry but it did not phase Andrew's level of customer service at all. In fact, when I went to the desk, I was an 8. Andrew's professionalism and demeanor brought me to a 1 immediately. He assured me that he would handle the noise and that we would indeed sleep peacefully. He was absolutely right. Our stay was nothing short of a comfortable luxury. He also helped me out with Motrin and hot tea in the morning. Thanks so much Andrew for making that hotel stay wonderful and for being professional the entire time!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Placentia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

From check-in to check out our stay with my family was wonderful. We were here looking for a house because I recently was relocated through my job. The only issue during our stay was the business center wasn't in service but the assistance from the front desk with anything we needed was extremely helpful. The female manager on duty at the time said she would call me and let me know when the business center computers were up and running. I really didn't think she'd remember...To my surprise I had a message in my room from her later that day letting me know they were up and running. Great customer service!!!

Stayed May 2014

Been to Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!