“Fine for the price. The neighboring market is terrific!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Lake Forest
Portland, Oregon
“Fine for the price. The neighboring market is terrific!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed two nights while visiting town for a wedding. Prepaid price $86 and I wouldn't really want to pay more. It's perfectly clean and well maintained but if I were to spend more I would probably look for a hotel with a bit more space. I had a tiny wave of claustrophobia coming off the elevator and walking down the hall and the room was just a touch cramped. Staff was great, very friendly, polite and professional. The soundproofing is excellent as this hotel is sitting next to the freeway and no noise was ever noticed.
What this hotel has going for it in a big way, whether they know it yet, is it's proximity to the new market just down the street. It's named Pars, and it's an international market with bakery, really good espresso, gelato, middle eastern breads and deli. Lots of great snacks for your room. Enormous breakfast burrito for $3. Score.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear nettieo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoed the surroiunding market and the hotel overall.

On your next trip don't count us out if you need a larger room we do have larger rooms available upon request, there might be a bit of a price increase but we would be happy to look into for you.

Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to the Irvine Area.

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Franklin, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I visited this hotel becauase of a business conference and was notably impressed. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed and decorated. The overall cleanliness and organization of the entire property was apparent. The conference rooms were comfortable. The staff was friendly. The food was delicious. The drinks were devine. The pool was the perfect temperature! The surrounding area was very pleasant and quiet -the traffic jams were left nearer LA! Laguna Woods, Laguna Hills, and Laguna Beach are Lovely and a stone's throw away!

Dear Rexy5K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to indulge in eveything we had to offer.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next business trip into the area.

DFW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Spent 4 nights . Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms were quiet. lots of restaurants within 1 mile. rooms have microwave and small refrigerator and coffee maker. (I usually just get my coffee in the lobby). There is a restaurant/bar in the inn. Nice breakfast buffet in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear oldtraveler2wong,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you and your family next time you are in town.

Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I just wanted to take the time to highlight Alicia the waitress. I started with a new company which requires travel to Irvine quite often. It has been quite an adjustment. Alicia has made it a pleasure. She has made the extra effort to make my adjustment to business travel smooth. She memorized my breakfast order, so that when I show up for breakfast I don't have to order. She already puts the order in and it is ready. Alicia even have the management procure my favorite hot sauce Cholula. They usually have Tapatito, but Cholula is much better in my opinion. I told her how much better Cholula and my surprise they started carrying it. She told me that I was not the only one requesting and she got the management to start offering it. I just want to say she is a wonderful waitress and really has made a difference for my experience at the hotel. Kudos!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Byron B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I have passed along your Kind words to our Food and Beverage Director Donna to share with Alicia. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your stay with us and look forward to the next one.

Thank you!!!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Quite different from the usual Holiday Inn. The very modern decor and layout made for a pleasing experience. The room was clean and comfortable, the restaurant and bar were adjacent to the check-in area. Had breakfast and a dinner here both high quality and reasonably priced. I particularly liked the booths in the restaurant where you have your own TV - similar to the old fashioned juke boxes featured in diners. Breakfast provided was a choice of hot buffet at around $14.00 or a la carte. We chose a la carte at a lower cost and still enjoyed a hot breakfast. The staff are to be commended for their friendly and helpful service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I booked online on Holiday Inn website. The rate offered was $121 "average nightly rate". Upon check-in, I was notified that my rate was actually $179 night 1, $89 for nights 2 and 3. This creates a problem for me as my company has $140 maximum per night.

I talked to every person within Holiday Inn and nobody could accomodate and treated me like I was an idiot. NEVER STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from this Hotel. I have stayed in over 60 Holiday Inns in the pst year and this was the wo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear D N,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I want to aplogize again for the inconvience the way the rate posted on your final folio you received, I was not our intention to make you feel like an idiot at all.

We understand the frustration you must have felt while trying to resolve this. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. (949)455-7000 We do hope you decide to stay with us again,and appreciate your feedback.

Kelli
Front Office manager
Flushing, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for about 4 days back in Dec. The hotel is AMAZING. it's beautiful and spotless! the lobby is very welcoming. The staff is very courteous and nice! they have free newspaper downstairs along with free decaf and caf coffee all throughout the day.

if you forget any toiletries, they will supply them as a courtesy without charge!
the hotel is located very convinently near a high way (i'm not sure which ones because im not from CA)

i would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!