“Making business travel easy” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lake Forest
Frisco, Texas
“Making business travel easy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I just wanted to take the time to highlight Alicia the waitress. I started with a new company which requires travel to Irvine quite often. It has been quite an adjustment. Alicia has made it a pleasure. She has made the extra effort to make my adjustment to business travel smooth. She memorized my breakfast order, so that when I show up for breakfast I don't have to order. She already puts the order in and it is ready. Alicia even have the management procure my favorite hot sauce Cholula. They usually have Tapatito, but Cholula is much better in my opinion. I told her how much better Cholula and my surprise they started carrying it. She told me that I was not the only one requesting and she got the management to start offering it. I just want to say she is a wonderful waitress and really has made a difference for my experience at the hotel. Kudos!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Byron B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I have passed along your Kind words to our Food and Beverage Director Donna to share with Alicia. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your stay with us and look forward to the next one.

Thank you!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Quite different from the usual Holiday Inn. The very modern decor and layout made for a pleasing experience. The room was clean and comfortable, the restaurant and bar were adjacent to the check-in area. Had breakfast and a dinner here both high quality and reasonably priced. I particularly liked the booths in the restaurant where you have your own TV - similar to the old fashioned juke boxes featured in diners. Breakfast provided was a choice of hot buffet at around $14.00 or a la carte. We chose a la carte at a lower cost and still enjoyed a hot breakfast. The staff are to be commended for their friendly and helpful service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I booked online on Holiday Inn website. The rate offered was $121 "average nightly rate". Upon check-in, I was notified that my rate was actually $179 night 1, $89 for nights 2 and 3. This creates a problem for me as my company has $140 maximum per night.

I talked to every person within Holiday Inn and nobody could accomodate and treated me like I was an idiot. NEVER STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from this Hotel. I have stayed in over 60 Holiday Inns in the pst year and this was the wo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear D N,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I want to aplogize again for the inconvience the way the rate posted on your final folio you received, I was not our intention to make you feel like an idiot at all.

We understand the frustration you must have felt while trying to resolve this. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. (949)455-7000 We do hope you decide to stay with us again,and appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Kelli
Front Office manager
Flushing, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for about 4 days back in Dec. The hotel is AMAZING. it's beautiful and spotless! the lobby is very welcoming. The staff is very courteous and nice! they have free newspaper downstairs along with free decaf and caf coffee all throughout the day.

if you forget any toiletries, they will supply them as a courtesy without charge!
the hotel is located very convinently near a high way (i'm not sure which ones because im not from CA)

i would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Antioch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Over the past several years, I have stayed at this Holiday Inn on three or four occasions - most recently on Sept. 26, 2012. I may be stopping there again next month. The rooms are "modern", clean and comfortable. The desk staff is extremely helpful and friendly, and make you feel welcome right from the start. One of my best Holiday Inn experiences...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've recently stayed here for business and was greatly surprised. I've stayed at Holiday Inn hotels before, but this has been an experience beyond my expectations. It's been either greatly upgraded or newly renovated. It looked great, very clean with a friendly staff. My room was right off the freeway but yet I haven't heard anything....It had a little bar right up in the lobby so, you could meet up with friends or colleagues. Great place....I'm going back to the LA area in March for business and I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chula Vista, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had a great experience staying at this hotel. The staff was very courteous and helpful with all aspects of my stay. Sean and Sandra were able to take care of each concern that I had from extra bedding to directions to the Staples Center.

More importantly, I left behind an item that was a gift from Christmas and they were able to recover it and held it for me until I returned a week later to pick it up. I cannot thank them enough for making sure that my item left behind (camera) was recovered.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!