“POOR SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lake Forest
Atlanta, Georgia
“POOR SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I booked online on Holiday Inn website. The rate offered was $121 "average nightly rate". Upon check-in, I was notified that my rate was actually $179 night 1, $89 for nights 2 and 3. This creates a problem for me as my company has $140 maximum per night.

I talked to every person within Holiday Inn and nobody could accomodate and treated me like I was an idiot. NEVER STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from this Hotel. I have stayed in over 60 Holiday Inns in the pst year and this was the wo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear D N,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I want to aplogize again for the inconvience the way the rate posted on your final folio you received, I was not our intention to make you feel like an idiot at all.

We understand the frustration you must have felt while trying to resolve this. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. (949)455-7000 We do hope you decide to stay with us again,and appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Kelli
Front Office manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Flushing, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for about 4 days back in Dec. The hotel is AMAZING. it's beautiful and spotless! the lobby is very welcoming. The staff is very courteous and nice! they have free newspaper downstairs along with free decaf and caf coffee all throughout the day.

if you forget any toiletries, they will supply them as a courtesy without charge!
the hotel is located very convinently near a high way (i'm not sure which ones because im not from CA)

i would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Antioch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Over the past several years, I have stayed at this Holiday Inn on three or four occasions - most recently on Sept. 26, 2012. I may be stopping there again next month. The rooms are "modern", clean and comfortable. The desk staff is extremely helpful and friendly, and make you feel welcome right from the start. One of my best Holiday Inn experiences...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've recently stayed here for business and was greatly surprised. I've stayed at Holiday Inn hotels before, but this has been an experience beyond my expectations. It's been either greatly upgraded or newly renovated. It looked great, very clean with a friendly staff. My room was right off the freeway but yet I haven't heard anything....It had a little bar right up in the lobby so, you could meet up with friends or colleagues. Great place....I'm going back to the LA area in March for business and I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chula Vista, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had a great experience staying at this hotel. The staff was very courteous and helpful with all aspects of my stay. Sean and Sandra were able to take care of each concern that I had from extra bedding to directions to the Staples Center.

More importantly, I left behind an item that was a gift from Christmas and they were able to recover it and held it for me until I returned a week later to pick it up. I cannot thank them enough for making sure that my item left behind (camera) was recovered.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

On the San Diego Freeway -- easy off and easy on. Accordingly, about 50% of the clients are one-night only. The other 50% are business folks. I enjoyed two days here, including New Year's Eve and New Year's day. The bar on New Year's Eve was all businessmen. The tourists stayed upstairs.

A very clean, orderly, and compact operation. Has a good restaurant that does room service. *So* convenient.

It merits a return visit.

Room Tip: Right on I-405. Quieter (believe it or not) near the lobby.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Very clean and modern hotel. This is one of the nicest Holiday Inns I have been to. Very close to shopping and restaurants. The staff was very nice and friendly. Planning on staying here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Emily G,

Thank you for taking the time post a review on Trip Advisor.
We look forward to your next stay with us!!!

Regards,
Kelli
Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!