“Hospitality at its finest....” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Lake Forest
Antioch, California
“Hospitality at its finest....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Over the past several years, I have stayed at this Holiday Inn on three or four occasions - most recently on Sept. 26, 2012. I may be stopping there again next month. The rooms are "modern", clean and comfortable. The desk staff is extremely helpful and friendly, and make you feel welcome right from the start. One of my best Holiday Inn experiences...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've recently stayed here for business and was greatly surprised. I've stayed at Holiday Inn hotels before, but this has been an experience beyond my expectations. It's been either greatly upgraded or newly renovated. It looked great, very clean with a friendly staff. My room was right off the freeway but yet I haven't heard anything....It had a little bar right up in the lobby so, you could meet up with friends or colleagues. Great place....I'm going back to the LA area in March for business and I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chula Vista, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had a great experience staying at this hotel. The staff was very courteous and helpful with all aspects of my stay. Sean and Sandra were able to take care of each concern that I had from extra bedding to directions to the Staples Center.

More importantly, I left behind an item that was a gift from Christmas and they were able to recover it and held it for me until I returned a week later to pick it up. I cannot thank them enough for making sure that my item left behind (camera) was recovered.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

On the San Diego Freeway -- easy off and easy on. Accordingly, about 50% of the clients are one-night only. The other 50% are business folks. I enjoyed two days here, including New Year's Eve and New Year's day. The bar on New Year's Eve was all businessmen. The tourists stayed upstairs.

A very clean, orderly, and compact operation. Has a good restaurant that does room service. *So* convenient.

It merits a return visit.

Room Tip: Right on I-405. Quieter (believe it or not) near the lobby.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Very clean and modern hotel. This is one of the nicest Holiday Inns I have been to. Very close to shopping and restaurants. The staff was very nice and friendly. Planning on staying here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Emily G,

Thank you for taking the time post a review on Trip Advisor.
We look forward to your next stay with us!!!

Regards,
Kelli
Signal Hill, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The good: Nice hotel. Good location. Plenty of places to shop and eat nearby. Room was very nice with cleans bathrooms.

The bad: I requested late check-out and was told that 2pm was late check. This was fine with me as my afternoon meeting was not until 3pm. However, housekeeping came by at 11pm although 'do not disturb' was on the door and clearly visible. I then got a call from the front desk at 12:05 stating that check-out was at noon. I told her that i'd requested late check and she said OK. Then again at 1:40pm housekeeping came by. Thanks for rushing me out. I'll be in no rush to return

Room Tip: Try uppermost floor. It sounded like the Jolly Green Giant was in the room above me.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear TonyG562,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in Trip Advisor, your feedback is extremely valuable to the success of our hotel. I want to apologize if you felt rushed and the lack of communication between my staff. I want to assure you this type of thing doesn't happen often.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel(949)455-7000 if there is anything I can do for you.

We do hope you decide to stay with us again.

Kelli Harvey
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I travel to this part of Orange County quite a bit, and have become familiar with just about every hotel in this area.This is by far my absolute favorite. The decor is modern, the rooms are updated and squeaky clean, there always seems to be something fun going on in the bar/restaurant and the staff is super, super nice and helpful. Case in point-We all have our "off" days, and I was in the midst of one when I went to check in for my last stay. There was a problem with my reservation (as in, it couldn't be found-my error) and I was sick, exhausted and admittedly not very friendly to the person helping me. I later found out that she is Kelli, the hotel manager. She kept a smile on her face and went out of her way to assist me, despite my mis-directed frustration. In the end, I walked away a very happy customer and so appreciate her help, time and professionalism. She completely turned the situation around. I won't be staying anywhere else in the OC from now on. There is a personal touch at this hotel that is lacking from so many others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear itslovellie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in Trip Advisor. We all have our off days, I'm just glad I was able to help turn yours around :)

We look forward to your future stay with us.

Kelli Harvey
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!