“Excellent service with a smile” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lake Forest
“Excellent service with a smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Value for money particularly for a short stay. Well priced and suitable for business and pleasure. Four to five star rooms and free shuttle to mall. Very friendly and helpful staff. Only complaint is location if you don't have your own transport otherwise it was excellent and great value for money.

• Stayed November 2012
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear RoseMall,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in Trip Advisor. Your feedback is important to the success of our hotel. I'm glad our staff was able to exceed your expectations.

We hope to see you on your next trip in Lake forest.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Since I have family that lives there, I have stayed at many hotels in the area. This Holiday Inn is by far my preferred stay. The rooms are modern-looking, beds are very comfortable, and the location is great. It's just a minute from the 5 freeway, which gets you pretty much anywhere in OC. But beyond all the niceties of the hotel, its amenities, and the location, the reason I love this hotel is the customer service. They always greet you with a smile, and their service is prompt and friendly.
I had originally booked on a 3rd party website and ended up with a billing issue on my credit card. I had a sinking feeling that resolving this was either, a) never gonna happen, or b) take approximately 40-man hours with me on the phone to fix it. I could not have been more wrong. The manager, Kelli, was so attentive and helped me resolve the problem so easily! She even stayed late after her regular hours to talk on the phone and help fix this billing issue. After I got off the phone with her, I was left shaking my head, just amazed at how great she was in assisting me. I really appreciate great customer service and take notice when it is delivered. And Kelli definitely delivered! She has made me a lifelong patron of this hotel, and I will always choose this Holiday Inn over any other option.

Room Tip: If you're a Lakers fan and can't find the game on the TV in the room, try the bar in the lob...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Alex S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in Trip Advisor. We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the kind words. I will share your comments with the rest of our staff.

We look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit to Lake Forest :)

Warm Regards,

Front Office manager
Tucson AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

With the negotiated corporate rate, this hotel is quite reasonably priced. I prefer this over many of the other hotels in the same range because this hotel has room service and has fast elevators. The exercise room is better than most. With my priority club card, I get a free breakfast, but I haven't actually tried it, so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear FirstOnes,

Thank you for posting a review in Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear you are enjoying your stays with us and we look forward to your next one.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Booked a prepaid room through another company that does not reveal the name of the hotel till after you pay. When I saw it was a HI I was not too happy at first but after reading some of the reviews on Tripadvisor I feltmuch better. Indeed the hotel is very nice and spotless. The bed was so comfortable I did not want to get up in the morning and both front desk clerks I interacted with were very pleasant. I will stay there again on my next SoCal trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear NathalieSFO,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

Getting our valued guests to return has never been a problem for us, it's getting people here in the first place. We are extremely glad you enjoyed your stay and we will see you on your next trip to So Cal.

Tustin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

If I didn't know it I would have thought I was at a "W " hotel. Very nicely decorated and spotless. Service was perfect. I had no idea Holiday Inn had properties of this calibre and it definately changed my perception. Wish every hotel could meet this standard...unfortunately there are 4 starhotels that aren't nearly as nice. Impressed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Rick C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review in Trip Advisor. I will share your wonderful comments with our staff.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Warm regards,

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

In general, I have always been happy with Holiday Inns and their affiliates. This was the first time I stayed at this particular one, and, once again, I was completely impressed. The staff was so pleasant, and very accomodating. We ate at the in-hotel restaurant, and the food was delicious. What I LOVE about this hotel is that everything you would need to be comfortable is there, at your fingertips. They even had a little Sundries shop, just in case you forgot something. The beds are SOOO comfortable, and the rooms are modern and very convenient. I would definitely stay here if I am ever in this part of Socal again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Victoria M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you were able to relax and get comfortable while staying with us. I will be sharing all your wonderful comments about our hotel with our staff.

We look forward to you next stay in Socal with us.

Sincerly,
Kelli harvey
Front Office Manager.
Ojai, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I swear, had you dropped me into the room NOT KNOWING it was a HI - I never would have guessed. I was there on biz paid for by another company, but at the rate of $99 w/ a pool and gym, it's a screamin' deal. Very stylish - like midtown Manhattan. No joke. An added plus, were washer/dryers on my floor. I had been traveling for a month before I arrived, and this was an awesome added detail I never would have anticipated.
That said, the b'fast is a joke. $12.95 for the buffet !? It should be free. Food is not good quality and is uninspired [for the price]. Ask for it to be included w/ price of room.

As for the rest - wifi, cable, fridge, all the details covered. You could do worse.

Room Tip: request a room NOT facing freeway. If you open the window, the noise from the cars is deafening. a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear JLewisUSA,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with our staff.
We have recently upgraded our breakfast buffet hopefully on your next trip with us you will have the opprutinty to enjoy it.

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!