“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Lake Forest
San Francisco, California
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Booked a prepaid room through another company that does not reveal the name of the hotel till after you pay. When I saw it was a HI I was not too happy at first but after reading some of the reviews on Tripadvisor I feltmuch better. Indeed the hotel is very nice and spotless. The bed was so comfortable I did not want to get up in the morning and both front desk clerks I interacted with were very pleasant. I will stay there again on my next SoCal trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear NathalieSFO,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

Getting our valued guests to return has never been a problem for us, it's getting people here in the first place. We are extremely glad you enjoyed your stay and we will see you on your next trip to So Cal.

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tustin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

If I didn't know it I would have thought I was at a "W " hotel. Very nicely decorated and spotless. Service was perfect. I had no idea Holiday Inn had properties of this calibre and it definately changed my perception. Wish every hotel could meet this standard...unfortunately there are 4 starhotels that aren't nearly as nice. Impressed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Rick C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review in Trip Advisor. I will share your wonderful comments with our staff.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Warm regards,

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

In general, I have always been happy with Holiday Inns and their affiliates. This was the first time I stayed at this particular one, and, once again, I was completely impressed. The staff was so pleasant, and very accomodating. We ate at the in-hotel restaurant, and the food was delicious. What I LOVE about this hotel is that everything you would need to be comfortable is there, at your fingertips. They even had a little Sundries shop, just in case you forgot something. The beds are SOOO comfortable, and the rooms are modern and very convenient. I would definitely stay here if I am ever in this part of Socal again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Victoria M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you were able to relax and get comfortable while staying with us. I will be sharing all your wonderful comments about our hotel with our staff.

We look forward to you next stay in Socal with us.

Sincerly,
Kelli harvey
Front Office Manager.
Ojai, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I swear, had you dropped me into the room NOT KNOWING it was a HI - I never would have guessed. I was there on biz paid for by another company, but at the rate of $99 w/ a pool and gym, it's a screamin' deal. Very stylish - like midtown Manhattan. No joke. An added plus, were washer/dryers on my floor. I had been traveling for a month before I arrived, and this was an awesome added detail I never would have anticipated.
That said, the b'fast is a joke. $12.95 for the buffet !? It should be free. Food is not good quality and is uninspired [for the price]. Ask for it to be included w/ price of room.

As for the rest - wifi, cable, fridge, all the details covered. You could do worse.

Room Tip: request a room NOT facing freeway. If you open the window, the noise from the cars is deafening. a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear JLewisUSA,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with our staff.
We have recently upgraded our breakfast buffet hopefully on your next trip with us you will have the opprutinty to enjoy it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean ,everything modern ,beds very comfortable . Night was very nice and quite . Staff always greeted us with a smile and welcomed us . Very impressive .Pool was clean and working. Plenty of parking . Lobby was decorated wonderfully !

• Stayed September 2012
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear rustypenny,

Thank you for taking the time to Post a review in Trip Advisor. I will share your positive comments with our staff.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Manteca, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the reviews, the location and the price. I travel to SoCal 2-3 times a year. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel from the time I walked into the lobby until the time I walked out. I was allowed to check in a little early which I appreciated since I had been driving for 6 hours. I also appreciated that the person at the desk, I neglected to get his name :-( informed me that there was a sports team staying on the 4th floor so he would put me on the 5th. My room was great and very comfy. I loved the little coffee alcove. There was a microwave, refrigerator, a small counter and some cabinets. The decor was browns and blues, my favorite. Wonderful Bath and Body Works products in the bathroom. The hotel has easy access to the freeway, several shopping centers and the beach. I never stay at the same hotel twice because I'm always looking for a little more. I thought I found my go to hotel. Since I am going back for Thanksgiving I was going to make reservations at this hotel. The price was nearly double what I had just paid. Oh well, my search continues.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear gcsmit,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do offer special rates for holiday weekends please give us a call when it gets closer and i'd be happy to assist you any way i can.

We look forward to you staying with us again,

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The staff were friendly and helpful. The omelets at breakfast were outstanding. It may be close to the the 405 highway, but I never heard road noise in my room. Very convenient location....McDonalds and convenience store within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear plans4,

Thank you for taking the time to Post a review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you staying with us again.

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!